ClubAdventist is back!

What do 45 million Americans have?

Stan

If they are including all types of herpes, that could very well be true. Remember even cold sores are a type of herpes.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Members

Isn't it true also that you can have it and not even know it?

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Sorry, I didn't notice your source in the first post, I was just going by what you had highlighted.

And yes, that would be kind of difficult to work into a conversation--another thought is, unless you plan on sleeping with that person, why would you want to? I mean, it isn't like the person you are chatting with could catch it from just talking to you, so why bring up something so personal?

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Administrators

I have known 1 woman who I knew had it. This was many years ago.

This girl came from an Adventist background but chose for herself a wild, party life. She ended up being a single mom with Herpes.

I don't remember much about her except for the guilt that she had. She knew that she would now carry that disease with her forever. I felt sorry for the spiritual torture she went through. And since she was part of a transient body of people we knew, I did not keep in touch with her.

I felt like she had left her family, had rebelled against their lifestyle, and didn't feel like she could return. I felt very sad for her.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Hmm.... Who seriously goes to the doctor and asks, "Will you circumcise me?" I mean I would do it but would a doctor do it for you?

k3ur8n.gif

Many men in their later years do have the procedure done, Cosmin. Particularly those who suffer from complications with diabetes. It is not an uncommon procedure at all. For more information, see: Urology - Adult circumcision

Having said that, what exactly does circumcision have to do with herpes?

Yeah seriously, what does it have to do with herpes?

Also, How come in the old time they just circumcised with a knife and maybe a very small deal about it?

k3ur8n.gif

Had it. Got rid of it. Put food grade hydrogen peroxide on the sores when they first appear. They will diminish after a couple treatments. If it's really stubborn, take Lysine. No more outbreaks. Most Docs don't know this.

Had it. Got rid of it. Put food grade hydrogen peroxide on the sores when they first appear. They will diminish after a couple treatments. If it's really stubborn, take Lysine. No more outbreaks. Most Docs don't know this.

Do that if you have Herpes or if you get sores from circumcision?

k3ur8n.gif

What is "food grade hydrogen peroxide"? And where would one get this?

Disclaimer: No I don't.

Thanks, I had never heard of this product. I learn something new everyday. :)

Last time I checked I wasn't 6 feet under anything---but you know, it is still snowing. <Big grin>

Do you think you might get that much?

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

That's funny, Liz. Yes, you can get it at a health food store. Keep it in the freezer. It will not freeze like water. Try not to get it on healthy skin. You can apply it with a Q-tip. It has a higher percentage of hydrogen peroxide in the mix than the stuff you purchase at the drug store.

Sorry snowbirds, but I'll be working on my tan after church tomorrow. I grew up in Detroit. Had enough snow for the rest of my life. Been in Florida since 1976. Praise God!

Originally Posted By: Tallmark

Do that if you have Herpes or if you get sores from circumcision?

Herpes. Do NOT use it to treat circumcision scabs. ouch gah

Does it work on warts (the regular kind)?

Warts are from a virus, right? I'd think you need to find a way to beat the virus before you can kill the warts.

Here sre some actual facts about herpes:

Some of the pertinent bits are

• There are two types of the virus. Type 1 herpes (HSV-1) is carried by over 80 per cent of the population and is the culprit behind recurrent cold sores.

• HSV-2 affects five to 20 per cent of the population (including many individuals who are also infected with HSV-1). It is more often associated with genital herpes, although either virus can cause a similar disease at both anatomical sites.

• Shedding and recurrent lesions (sores) occur because once a person is infected with herpes, they carry the virus for life.

• In about 15 per cent of people carrying it, the virus periodically reawakens producing painful, infectious sores on the affected part of the body.

The last point, with only 15% having the sores recur, could explain how Tallmark "stops" them from coming back with peroxide. Maybe they would not come back anyway - the odds are 17 to 3 in his favor!

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Members

And even if they did, they might not say anything.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60