ClubAdventist is back!

The report as to why Cheney should be indicted

Quote:
They each explained Cheney was defending the use of torture by waterboarding.

Actually, the only mention of waterboarding in John King's post was the following:

Quote:
Despite extensive evidence to the contrary, the ex-veep described waterboarding and worse as "absolutely essential" to keeping Americans safe, declared rough interrogation "a great success story" and defended as legal and "in accordance with our constitutional practices and principles" actions that top lawyers and constitutional scholars describe as high crimes and misdemeanors.

That is John King's gloss, not a quote from the VP.

Quote:
1] didn't read the articles nor check the sources that I had supplied. or

Actually, I did. That's how I know the did not say -- and I provided the quotes-- what you claimed they did.

Quote:
2] you just want to be stubborn and ignore/deny the facts of the articles.You are arguing for the sake of arguing. You assume that in a serious discussion, that I will be reasonably hooked on argueing for arguments sake (personal attack omitted)

There you go again. Assuming motives.

Words have meanings. When a sentence says something, one is not justified in putting in other meanings, no matter how convenient. The evidence is quite clear. Mr. Cheney did not say what you claimed he did.

Even if he did, such statements are not a crime. Which is supposedly what this thread is about.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Quote:
Even if he did, such statements are not a crime. Which is supposedly what this thread is about.

It was never about what he said...but rather the policys that were enacted in the name of the US and the American people during the Bush Adminstration. He did, self incriminate, and confirm these policys, which were clearly consistant with war crimes against humanity, specifically, torture.

I have said it before, and I will say it again...Former president Bush and former vice-president Cheney acted treasonously against the over all interests of the US people. They violated the very oaths they swore to thier offices, let alone the laws of the US. Since many are not willing to try the former adminstration officials, I will be satisfied if the ICC will do it...

ICC and US Torture policy

US Torture policy

Spanish Court may open torture probe of 6 Bush officials

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
It was never about what he said...but rather the policys that were enacted in the name of the US and the American people during the Bush Adminstration

So we're back to the question: Which of the enumerated powers of the Vice President did Cheney use to do this?

Since it's not about what he said, but rather about policy, which policy was undertaken under his authority?

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

yeah, uh huh...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
yeah, uh huh...

Sorry, that is not one of the Vice President's enumerated powers.

Oh, but I am sure that he said that on more than one occassion toward Mr. Bush's bushisms ...

especially the one where Bush says-

"We got issues in America. Too many docs are getting out of busness. Too many OBGYN are not able to practice thier love with women all across this country."

George Bernard Shaw

You are arguing for the sake of arguing.

I think you are right, Neil. Some people just like to argue. And that's ok if they do. But we must not confuse arguing with having a serious discussion.

If you're going to have a serous discussion, then we're back to the question: Which of the enumerated powers of the Vice President did Cheney use to do this?

He cannot be indicted for his words, but for policy decisions. So, if you are serious about indicting him, which policy was undertaken under his authority?