ClubAdventist is back!

Bill O'Reilly

I have avoided speaking of the hyprocrasy of the right's various news source ...but now I gotta say something...on Bill O'Reilly....

This guys is a real ...well, not a nice man...When he reports on a couple of rape victims, saying that they have it coming, to which one of them was murdered,the result is that various rape support groups responded. One of them, Think progress.org, dressed down Bill O'Reilly, with his own words and made Bill look ...well, ..sort of ...bad....

What was interesting was that Bill sent his film producer to the manager of thinkprogress.org, and had her followed, while she was on vacation, stocking her...where upon he ambushed her, poperotzi [sp] style. [bill has said that he would NEVER do that sort of thing, and that he is above that sort of reporting]. After asking serveral slanted questions, filming all the while, he edited the film and making her interview so NOT like it actually was...

Thinkprogress.org started calling Bill O'Reilly's sponsers asking if they could stand Bill O'Reilly's practices of staulking people who criticized him... To shorten this story, UPS said, 'No', and removed thier sponsership of Bill O'Reilly.

Bill O'Reilly...March 27,2009 -the worst person in the world

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Maybe Bill is trying to land a job at 60 Minutes. This will look good on his resume.

"the worst person in the world"? It's statements like that that harms your credibility. I'm guessing, if we spend 10 minutes, that we may be able to come up with a few hundred names of living people that may be worse than Bill (not that he's a great person).

PS: is it "stocking" or "staulking"? I submit "stalking"

60 minutes wouldn't have him...

Re: "The worst person in the world"- it's only for a day, and today is a new day. As for the title, it is NOT mine, but rather another journalist/opinionator...

Countdown

You really need to listen to the background to this...the above link only supports the origional post...

As for "

PS: is it "stocking" or "staulking"? I submit "stalking"....I wouldn't be too picky, as long as it is fo-net-ic-ly correct.... :smilewink:

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

I watch O'Reilly occasionally. He sounds too pompous for me to watch & listen to for a whole hour.

PS

Words may sound phonetically correct but will have meanings a world apart.

I'm expecting Shane to come on here and defend Bill O'Reilly, saying something to the effect that Bill is a moderate [not true] and that while he disagrees with a few things, Bill is rather popular with his audience....

Bill is an ubber conservative, not as bad as Hannity, but then once they get beyond Rush, who cares......

George Bernard Shaw

Yes. I would consider O'Reilly to be a moderate. Like Rush ... he puts on a show. But, if you look at his politics ... I think he is moderate.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Am I going to regret saying this?...I donno...but here goes...

You concider Bill OReilly a moderate who stalks newscasters/spokeperson, ambushes them with biased questions when these same newspokepersons criticize Bill for blaming 2 rape victims, saying 'they deserved it', and one subsequently is murdered???

That person [bill] is not moderate...That sick...

George Bernard Shaw

It is always best to go to the source rather than second hand rumors.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Excellent link KeyGuy. Sorry Neil but the other link you had is really bogus.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Here's the "source" of both sources. Thinkprogress.com picked up this article and ran with it. O'Reilly then ambushed the editor of Thinkprogress.com with thier paperotzi newstyle reporting.

Bill O’Reilly To Speak At Fund Raising Event For Rape Victims? Oh, No He Shouldn’t!

Reported by Priscilla - February 28, 2009 - 49 comments

Bill O’Reilly is scheduled to speak on March 19th, at a luncheon for the It Happened To Alexa Foundation, at the Ritz Carlton, in Manalapan Florida. This is, simply, outrageous. The Alexa Foundation’s mission is to “assist rape victims and their families by easing the financial burden they face while traveling to attend the criminal trial.” Bill O’Reilly, however, has shown his total disregard for rape victims in the following statement made on his radio show: “Now Moore, Jennifer Moore, 18, on her way to college. She was 5-foot-2, 105 pounds, wearing a miniskirt and a halter top with a bare midriff. Now, again, there you go. So every predator in the world is gonna pick that up at two in the morning. She's walking by herself on the West Side Highway, and she gets picked up by a thug. All right. Now she's out of her mind, drunk.” There was no subsequent apology from either O’Reilly or Westwood One . Should somebody who seems to have no sensitivity towards women, in both his personal life (accused of sexual harassment) and public commentary, be speaking to an organization that advocates for sexual assault victims? I report, you decide.

Addendum: Bill O'Reilly's comment that Shawn Hornbeck, who was kidnapped and raped, enjoyed certain aspects of his captivity is another example of a lack of sensitivity towards those who have been victims of sexual assault. It should be noted that O'Reilly was unapologetic regarding his statement.

George Bernard Shaw

And in case you are wondering about Shawn, here is this article from Media Matters

O'Reilly: Abducted child "liked ... his circumstances," had "a lot more fun" than usual

On the January 15 edition of Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor, host Bill O'Reilly said of Shawn Hornbeck -- who was abducted at the age of 11, held for four years, and recently found in Missouri -- that "there was an element here that this kid liked about this circumstances" and that he "do[esn't] buy" "the Stockholm syndrome thing." O'Reilly also said: "The situation here for this kid looks to me to be a lot more fun than what he had under his old parents. He didn't have to go to school. He could run around and do whatever he wanted." When fellow Fox News host Greta Van Susteren pointed out that "ome kids like school," O'Reilly replied: "Well, I don't believe this kid did."

The following day, during his "Talking Points Memo" segment, O'Reilly responded to viewer mail criticizing his comments about Hornbeck. O'Reilly concluded: "I hope he did not make a conscious decision to accept his captivity because" his kidnapper "made things easy for him. No school, play all day long."

O'Reilly frequently casts himself as a champion of children. He has also suggested that he is "looking out for the kids" and attacked "the print press" for not "car[ing] about the children."

From the January 16 edition of Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor:

O'REILLY: The kidnapping of those two boys should be front-page news in your house if you have kids. I actually hope I'm wrong about Shawn Hornbeck. I hope he did not make a conscious decision to accept his captivity because Devlin made things easy for him. No school, play all day long.

But to just chalk this up to brainwashing and walk away is turning away from the true danger of child molesters and abductors. All American children must be taught survival skills, must be prepared to face crisis situations. That is the lesson of the Shawn Hornbeck story. And that's the "Memo."

From the January 15 edition of Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor:

O'REILLY: "Impact" segment tonight, the disturbing case of the two kidnapped boys in Missouri. As you know, police found 15-year-old Shawn Hornbeck in an apartment of 41-year-old Michael Devlin last week, along with 13-year-old Ben Ownby. Both boys allegedly had been kidnapped by Devlin, who ran a pizza place in the town of Kirkwood. Shawn had been missing for four years.

And the question is, why didn't he escape when he could have? There are all kinds of theories about that. Joining us now from Washington, Greta Van Susteren, who has been out to Missouri reporting on the case.

All right, you know, the Stockholm syndrome thing, I don't buy it. I've never bought it. I didn't think it happened in the Patty Hearst case. I don't think it happened here.

[...]

O'REILLY: I'm not buying this. If you're 11 years old or 12 years old, 13, and you have a strong bond with your family, OK, even if the guy threatens you, this and that, you're riding your bike around, you got friends. The kid didn't go to school. There's all kinds of stuff. If you can get away, you get away. All right? If you're 11.

[...]

O'REILLY: This is what I believe happened in the Hearst case and in this case. The situation that Hearst found herself in was exciting. She had a boring life. She was a child of privilege. All of a sudden, she's in with a bunch of charismatic thugs, and she enjoyed it. The situation here for this kid looks to me to be a lot more fun than what he had under his old parents. He didn't have to go to school. He could run around and do whatever he wanted.

VAN SUSTEREN: Some kids like school.

O'REILLY: What?

VAN SUSTEREN: Some kids like school.

O'REILLY: Well, I don't believe this kid did. And I think when it all comes down, what's going to happen is, there was an element here that this kid liked about his circumstances.

[...]

VAN SUSTEREN: So you're playing that same sort of thinking to this 11-year-old to 15-year-old. You're thinking logically. You think to yourself, "Why didn't he leave?" That's what most people think. Frankly, I had that thought as well.

But I think you've got to remember that this is a child. He doesn't -- you know, for whatever reason, he may have, you know, wanted to be with his kidnapper. Maybe his kidnapper turned out to be, quote, "a nice guy" or whatever. But this is a kid, Bill. And I think we've got to wait till we get all the facts.

O'REILLY: All right.

VAN SUSTEREN: It may turn out -- you may turn out to be right. I don't know.

O'REILLY: I usually do. I usually -- that usually is what happens.

VAN SUSTEREN: Especially when you're the jury.

O'REILLY: If I'm wrong, Greta, I'll -- you know, we'll play this tape and you'll get your points.

VAN SUSTEREN: At this point, I simply don't know. But I'll wait for the facts.

O'REILLY: All right. Greta will have more, On the Record, 10 Eastern. Thanks, Greta, as always.

George Bernard Shaw