ClubAdventist is back!

Surge in Afghanistan

Why are we needing a surge in the war? Obama has articulated his desire to increase our troops and involvement in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

I thought Obama had promised to lessen our involvement in the war.

Is this the right time to be expanding the war ... when we need to focus on the economy here?

Can we afford the Obama war?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

1] Obama has always said that our involvement since 9/11 should have been the Afghan war, not Iraq.

2] Obama has said that our prime Enemy #1 was Osama Bin Laudin, who is currently near the Pakestan border.

3]The new troops going in are going to be training people to help the Afghan people shore up thier police and military forces...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
3]The new troops going in are going to be training people to help the Afghan people shore up thier police and military forces...

Sounds like what we did in Iraq. But for some reason ... people objected to helping Iraq.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Redwood, that's because they kept telling us how many were dying. Like I've said many times before, its all on the spin that the media put on it. Wait till the numbers start to pile up in Afganistan. Before they just wanted to ephasize Iraq because the media wanted to knock Bush, and since Afganistan wanted us to help, that made it OK. Will see how it goes now.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Good Point Pk

You rarely hear about the killed in Afghanistan.

I believe in Hematology.