ClubAdventist is back!

Where to put our money if we have any.

Woody

Local Conference Association or directly to Union Conference office

Seriously? I think they have a lot of internal clean-up to do first. Not all conferences, but there are enough.

if we are going to lose it all anyway, the Lord's work would be the place to lose it.

Except when you place it in the Lord's work it's a win win situation. If not there, there seems to me to be a greater risk of a far greater loss.

"Then the kings of the earth and the great men and the commanders and the rich and the strong and every slave and free man hid themselves in the caves and among the rocks of the mountains;

and they said to the mountains and to the rocks, "Fall on us and hide us from the presence of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb;

for the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?" "Rev 6:15-17 NASB

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

I don't know how old you are, LH, but after returning a faithful tithe and liberal offerings, do you have a retirement plan?

Each person would do well to find from God Himself exactly how He wants them to invest whatever they have above their reasonable needs. However at a younger time in my life I was faced with the choice of either buying insurance for various responsibilities or begin paying tithe. I reasoned my best insurance would be to pay tithe and let God take care of my insurance. After 45 years and having used perhaps $5000 at the most during that span of time, to pay for damages as a result of not carrying insurance, I've never regretted that initial decision.

Of course that decision allowed for auto insurance premiums required by the government

Along the way there have been numerous mistakes on my part that could have been seen as reasons why Jesus shouldn't be expected to give us His best. As the end (mine if not the worlds)drew nearer I felt the need to ask God to let us die in dignity, since I owed much more than a limited lifespan would allow for time to clear all the debts we had.

About two weeks after that request in prayer we inherited enough to clear all our debts and allow us to continue living in the state of California, something we definitely would have been unable to do if economic events had remained the same.

Since my spouse has been disabled for most of the years of our married life we continue to carry insurance for her. However we still are blest with the ability, not only to pay tithe, but to give offerings that we never would have been able to consider if God had not continued His sustaining care.

I guess the simple answer you asked for might be summarized by saying, due to the inheritance we believe granted by God in answer to prayer, we now have an IRA we are making effort to find out how He would have us dispose of before it ends up in the ashes instead of being used for some that haven't enough to eat from day to day.

"...Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD."1 Chronicles 28:20 KJV

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

I don't know who said it, but someone said: Plan as though you will be around a long time, and live as though Christ will come any moment.

Actually that comment was made by EGW and I think fits very well with__

"I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. " John 17:15 NKJV

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Originally Posted By: Gladussee
Local Conference Association or directly to Union Conference office

Seriously? I think they have a lot of internal clean-up to do first. Not all conferences, but there are enough.

I don't know what kind of cleaning up you are talking about, but the denomination is pretty strictly audited.

Not enough, Carol. Audits don't always expose corruption. I know first hand of some underhanded financial actions by the good ol' boys.

Under your pillow! Or in the closet, or in a safe, or under your bed. Does it matter? It is just paper. The value will eventually get to 0 exchange it for gold. tongue

k3ur8n.gif

• Members

That must be an awful thought. I don't envy you at all! LOL

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

I know God will take care of His people. But just before that time, I think having cash hidden somewhere is a good idea.

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo

And WHERE do you keep that gold?

I'll keep it for you (for a slight fee!)

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. And where will you keep it?

I know God will take care of His people. But just before that time, I think having cash hidden somewhere is a good idea.

It is not unusual for some countries now to have an inflation rate of many hundreds of a percent per year. Our money is only as good as the trust people have in it. And when no man can buy or sell save he who has the mark of the beast, I'd rather trust in the ravens God has available.

One man's opinion. peace

Lift Jesus up!!

In that case, I'll just guard it myself!

"

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:"# Matthew 6:19,20 KJV

Regards! peace

Lift Jesus up!!