ClubAdventist is back!

Our Economy is ...

an Obamanation.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

an Obamanation.

....caused by failed conservative republican policies, started on the Republican watch, along with many other wrecked policys that brought us to this point....and being cleaned up by President Obama...to which the republicans who have sold thier souls to the ubber conservative republican cause find themselves in ubber constination and fustration.

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Originally Posted By: Redwood
an Obamanation.

....caused by failed conservative republican policies, started on the Republican watch, along with many other wrecked policys that brought us to this point....and being cleaned up by President Obama...to which the republicans who have sold thier souls to the ubber conservative republican cause find themselves in ubber constination and fustration.

I am not sure anyone has the right to determine who has sold their soul to anyone. While I many think you have sold your soul for a lot less I don't have the right to make that determination

Republicans certainly dropped the ball. President Bush was not fiscally conservative. That does not shift the blame for the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac mess.

Maybe you should look up the origins of that. The double digit times Bush raised concern over this and the number of times he was shot down. Check out Barney Frank and how deep he has his fingers in and claimed as little as three years ago it was working just as it was supposed to.

He had a little conflict of interest as his live in companion was reaping some pretty hefty returns from same.

No income verification,non-qualifying loans were not the brain child of President Bush. That is a matter of record.

The banks or mortgage brokers/lenders did not write the laws governing them and the loans they processed.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Originally Posted By: Redwood
an Obamanation.

The consternation comes in watching a president walk all over the rights of private citizens and others being so happy others are finally getting theirs.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

[The consternation comes in watching a president walk all over the rights of private citizens

Are you talking about Bush or Obama?

Originally Posted By: bonnie
[The consternation comes in watching a president walk all over the rights of private citizens

Are you talking about Bush or Obama?

Actually I am speaking of Obama. He is the president and whatever actions of former President Bush you consider trampling on rights of private citizens is moot.

If you think that absolves President Obama so be it. How long does Obama get before he must take responsibilities for his own actions.

• Moderators

How long does Obama get before he must take responsibilities for his own actions.

2010 congressional elections

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

I don't think actions that have far-reaching consequences into the future can be considered moot.

Maybe not. That places Obama in a bit of a pinch. If I remember correctly he was a senator that voted for the stimulus. So he must have agreed,doing same now pretty much convinces me he would have done as Bush did and he voted yes on.

If this is what you really believe.....far-reaching consequences into the future can be considered moot. Then you might want to do some research into how the mess began with Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac. How actions going back to clinton,even before that led to the mess. Led to the "everyone has a right to own their own home" "No qualifying, no income verification" and what it caused. Barney Franks conflict of interest. Barney Frank lecturing everyone that Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac was working just as planned just a short couple of years ago

>>How long does Obama get before he must take responsibilities for his own actions.<<

Ol' Mister Bojangles danced a lick, slippy-slided, shucked an' jived, laughed an' scratched..., and the above noted teleprompted POTUS seems to be a lot oilier - or should I instead say - slicker? That said,

Obugabe will simply skate - as his apologists (they being manyer and loud! ;-) will never cease attempting to square the the ills of society with Dubya.

bwink

>>If I remember correctly he was a senator that voted for the stimulus.<<

Moreover, his vote was not that of a Junior Senator but of the Presidential Nominee of the Democrat Party. That carried more gravitas as well responsibility - than otherwise admitted.

>>Led to the "everyone has a right to own their own home" "No qualifying, no income verification" and what it caused.<<

Oh no! not so..., lenders were obliged to accept welfare checks as income qualifying for 'no red-lined' loans.

"Obamanomics: Chains You Can Believe In"

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: carolaa
I don't think actions that have far-reaching consequences into the future can be considered moot.

If this is what you really believe.....far-reaching consequences into the future can be considered moot.

No, I said the opposite of that.

>>If I remember correctly he was a senator that voted for the stimulus.<<

Moreover, his vote was not that of a Junior Senator but of the Presidential Nominee of the Democrat Party. That carried more gravitas as well responsibility - than otherwise admitted.

>>Led to the "everyone has a right to own their own home" "No qualifying, no income verification" and what it caused.<<

Oh no! not so..., lenders were obliged to accept welfare checks as income qualifying for 'no red-lined' loans.

They were accepted without having anything verified.