ClubAdventist is back!

The're not even hiding it anymore

Ok, I'll bite....

What are you saying is wrong with this?

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Administrators

This is bogus!

It is nothing more than a site to promote the sale of a book called The 7th Sense.

It has absolutely no connection to the United Nations. There is no body known as the "United Nations Executive Council".

The tip-off that this site is not a UN site should be fairly obvious:

1.) There is no UN logo. Go to any official UN site and you will always see the UN logo. Start here - United Nations. And search the UN site indexes and you will find no reference to a "United Nations Executive Council". (There are executive councils for other UN affiliated entities and programs but no body by that name for the UN as a whole.)

2.) The copyright notice at the bottom - compare it with the UN site. The copyright notice on all UN sites includes the name "United Nations". This site hides the copyright owner and who is behind this site, which leads to a less obvious bit of evidence,

3.) A domain registration search reveals that the domain registrant is hiding their identity. It was registered anonymously through "Domains By Proxy, Inc." out of Scottsdale, Arizona. A UN organization would have no reason to do that.

4.) And finally the content of the site is simply inconsistent with anything officially from the UN and is essentially critical of the UN.

Dump it back in the conspiracy theories and other hokum stuff. gahreyes

Tom

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Moderators

Thanks, Tom.

There are SO many websites out there these days which prey on the public's natural fear of unknown entities. Here it sounded like someone or something was "out to get" us. So glad Tom has put that rumor to rest!

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Thanks Tom.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

If you are right Tom, then I would suspect the UN would be taking legal action against them. If it is not a UN organization then clearly it is deceptive. I can tell you it was professional done and I estimate the cost was probably over 50,000 usd. Its a lot for a hoax site. I would also think the UN would get a court order halting it.

I hope your right Tom, but I am not so sure as you its a hoax.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/prweb/20090401/bs_prweb/prweb2292534

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2009/04/prweb2292534.htm

QR frame:

There is much as concern the United Nations that, for all practical purposes, are not revealed: Example::

/ Very few people know that the communist Alger Hiss co-authored the Charter of the United Nations.

/ It has been so secret - that the AUTHORITY providing that although the Under-Secretary of the United Nations Security Council is always appointed from a communist country – is not found in the UN Charter.

China, USSR, UK, France, and the US acceded to that procedure in “The London Accord” – and the position of the Under-Secretary since – has always been (with one exception) filled by someone from a communist country.

This fact is noteworthy in that our Military has forever been placed under the command of the Under Secretary of the United Nations/communist nation.

Indeed, there are ‘elite’ forces that endeavour together, who, seemingly, are more manifest today.

• Administrators

Joe,

Not sure if you meant the lack of a disclaimer as positive or negative, but I would assume that this outfit's agenda would be best served by leaving the impression of an association. They wouldn't put a disclaimer to draw attention that they are just on an anti-UN rant.

As far as the UN taking legal action, we will have to wait and see. This site was only formed in December and the UN may not have known about it yet. I did send an alert to the UN PR office in an effort to see if they had any info about it for release. I have only received a standard form response.

The PR Web "news" (first link is an automatic Yahoo News pickup of the PR Web piece) item is a self generated "news" service designed to create buzz and push a promo to the top of internet search engines. It is not a legitimate news source. Users of PR Web and other internet services use it simply for self-promotion, cheap internet advertising. I have investigated a number of very large scams that have used services like this very effectively to dominate the search engines and to bury real and accurate news stories. Most people seldom go beyond the top 10 or 20 search hits, so if they can dominate the top of the search engine results nobody sees the real story. You have to dig deeper and most people don't.

The content of the PR Web "news" story is self evident as self-promotion by the publisher of The 7th Sense. It appears to me that this "publisher" is one hit wonder self publishing enterprise formed just for this book. Here is a link to another of their sites - http://www.heroforeternity.com/index.htm . And another - http://www.the-new-american-dream.com/index.html . The content of these sites and the description of the book strike me as being New Age ideas.

And I would have to disagree with you about this being a professionally done website costing $50,000. It is pretty generic and could easily have been done by a teenager using available web design software. If anyone spends that kind of money for a basic website they are getting seriously ripped off.

Tom

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Tom, I agree with everything you say until you get the the price tag. I am in that line of work and I am telling you that sites like this cost over 50k.

• Administrators

I'll take your word on that. My basis for comparison is the numerous web design and maintenance contracts that I have worked on for what appeared to be more complex site design, etc. I do think this outfit appears to have spent a lot of resources and effort to self publish and self-promote this book. Either they are driven by some ideology hoping to gain followers or are hucksters hoping to turn a quick buck on some hokum book hyping it to suckers. That typically doesn't demonstrate too much legitimacy when no independent source has anything on it or is even selling the book. No surprise that you can't find it on Amazon which carrys almost everything under the sun...

• Moderators

I think we're getting off the track. Is this a UN site? No. So does it reflect the UN's intentions? No. Pretty simple really.

Truth is important

Bravus this is the track. It appears this is not an official UN site. But the thing that bothers both Tom and I is if it a a profit site trying to make money off of this, why has the UN not shut it down?

Is it really some UN employees or former employees who are following a unpublished policy?

What could be the reason they are allowed to claim they are part of the UN?

Their site in about UN policy. In the Nonprofits I have been involved with this is a subject that they want total control over. So why let outsiders dictate policy? Unless that is the unpublished policy.

Lots of questions and I can only speculate as to the answers.

Joe,

What you are suggesting is that the UN shut down a cyber site in the same way the US could shut down a Canadian site.....

Tain't gonna happen....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Administrators

Joe,

You are reading too much into this. This really isn't some conspiracy of former UN officials or some design for a "New World Order". Bravus is quite right - it is rather simple.

I suspect that the UN is either unaware of this or has chosen to let it ride for now, or we simply haven't seen what they are doing about it yet. It is a very new site.

Also you need to compare the alternate promo sites for the book. There is nothing about the UN in those sites. This book appears to me to be by some nut-job New Age guru, or religious zealot, "Rev. Magnus" trying to make a buck and gain some new followers (He calls them volunteers) for his concepts of spirituality and Paradise. His UN oriented site is designed to appeal to a certain anti-UN conspiracy minded audience, the other sites to appeal to another orientation.

Tom

I think you are right Tom.

But two things bother me.

1) The UN has not shut it down.

2)This quote "Will supersede the Security Council, which will report to the Executive Council and no longer have veto power. The Security Council’s influence in world affairs will be watered down."