ClubAdventist is back!

Michelle Obama Extravaganza

Has anyone else noticed all the awe and admiration Michelle Obama is getting? Hard to make the case that the press is not bias. She is being called the classiest first lady since Jackie Kennedy. That is pretty insulting to the other first ladies since then - including our current Secretary of State. I guess it depends upon how one defines class. Like beauty, I think it is in the eyes of the beholder. All this fanfare over Michelle Obama tells me more about the press itself than about Michelle.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

It'l blow over. Just like everyone who thought Obama was our Saviour ... now they think he is the Devil himself. Look at the mess he is creating.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Ha Ha Ha He He He Ho Ho Ho CoA. Very funny. But my question to you is what were you guys doing when Bush was president? Move aside ... it's OUR turn.

I believe in Hematology.

Ha Ha Ha He He He Ho Ho Ho CoA. Very funny. But my question to you is what were you guys doing when Bush was president? Move aside ... it's OUR turn.

We never attacked Laura Bush...What gives you the right to turn your venom on other members of the presidential family?

Anyways, the news clip from London girl's school shows Michelle was warmly recieved and well liked...especially after her "inspirational" message. Observation: I don't recall any clips that showed teen girls reaching out after Laura in the way that they hugged Michelle....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Oh, and Redwood, according to NBC nightly news, the polls say that she is more popular than her husband....And he's pretty popular too...Regardless of what you say...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Oh, and Redwood, according to NBC nightly news, the polls say that she is more popular than her husband....And he's pretty popular too...Regardless of what you say...

She is popular because they don't know her. Just like her husband. He was popular before people got to know him. Now ... it is no wonder that she is more popular than her husband.

I believe in Hematology.

Hey I think we can have opposite opinions and still be friends. :) I think Michelle Obama seems to be a good Mom and for that I give her brownie points. And regardless of what we think of previous presidents or current ones...we need to keep them in our prayers that God will work through them, despite them, and for them...becuase the most awesome thing would be to spend eternity with them in heaven.

Originally Posted By: Neil D

She is popular because they don't know her. Just like her husband. He was popular before people got to know him. Now ... it is no wonder that she is more popular than her husband.

Yeah, I agree..now that they know her, she is even MORE popular! LOL

George Bernard Shaw

Running out of complaints about the Pres? So, now its the missus...next the kids?

No complaints about the first lady at all. My complaint is about the media. So far, I like most of what Obama is doing and have no complaints about Michelle.

The extravaganza comes to us complements of the media, not Michelle.

Observation: I don't recall any clips that showed teen girls reaching out after Laura in the way that they hugged Michelle....

That tells us something about the media coverage doesn't it? Why is it that the media didn't show us that human side of Laura?

Can we all say it together?

MEDIA BIAS

• Moderators

Or perhaps the fact that Laura intentionally chose to be a very quiet and low-key First Lady? That is well known. Different is not necessarily bad. Michelle in the UK is helping to mend some fences, re-connecting America with the world. That is a worthwhile thing for the First Lady to do, IMO.

So I suspect the difference is not so much in the media but in the actions of the different First Ladies. I'm not sure - did Laura travel abroad during the Bush presidency? Did she take this kind of public role? I honestly don't know. If she chose not to that's absolutely fine and her choice: but you can't really blame the media for reporting what actually happened.

Truth is important

I doubt that greatly. It isn't just about the coverage between Michelle and Laura but between Michelle and several of the recent first ladies. The media is drunk on Obama wine. If they could capture their farts they would savor them and report on how fine they are.

Obama has a mess on his hands with Mexico. We have a nasty drug war on our boarder. International organizations are warning the Mexican government may collapse. Obama defunded the Mexican truck program in violation of NAFTA so Mexico is raising tariffs on products primarily purchased by states that went for Obama. He needs to be a little less worried about Europe and turn his focus to our next door neighbor. We are literally building a 16' high concrete wall between the US and Mexico. I think that is the fence he needs to start mending.

• Moderators

Quote:
I doubt that greatly. It isn't just about the coverage between Michelle and Laura but between Michelle and several of the recent first ladies.

Oh, Hillary got plenty of coverage. Even Barbara Bush got more than Laura. And Nancy Reagan certainly did.

Truth is important

Oh, Hillary got plenty of coverage. Even Barbara Bush got more than Laura. And Nancy Reagan certainly did.

It isn't just coverage Michelle is getting, it is the kind of coverage. Michelle is being reported as upstaging her husband. She is being reported as the classiest first lady since Jackie Kennedy! Hilary was co-President and Nancy Reagan was part of the Hollywood elite. I have no problem with Michelle but the media is going way overboard and insulting a lot of fine first ladies in the process.