ClubAdventist is back!

N. Korea launches Missile

Okay ... WHY didn't Obama do ANYthing?

Why didn't he just blow it out of the sky?

Help me ... I just don't understand.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
Okay ... WHY didn't Obama do ANYthing?

Why didn't he just blow it out of the sky?

Help me ... I just don't understand.

Hilary Clinton promised swift and sure consequences.Think they kind of thumbed their noses at that

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Promises Promises. Now they are just promising to do NOTHING.

I want ACTION from my president. I don't want him so occupied going around to the comedy shows that he can't do his job.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
WHY didn't Obama do ANYthing?

He voted "present"

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

rollingsmile

Good one there buster. For those that dont' know ... that is what our president did the majority of his professional career as a politician.

I believe in Hematology.

Why should Obama blow it out of the sky??? It wasn't aimed at HIM!

I agree ... it was aimed at our friends and allies but then potentially at the West Coast. I realize that Obama doesn't live on the West Coast ... but some of my friends do.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

North Korea Rocket Fizzles

Quote:
By PAUL ALEXANDER, Associated Press Writer

SEOUL, South Korea – The rocket launched by nuclear-armed North Korea on Sunday appears to have fizzled in the Pacific Ocean, but positioned a defiant Kim Jong Il to make demands from an international community worried that it indicates the capacity to fire a long-range missile.

President Barack Obama called for immediate action from the U.N. Security Council and condemned North Korea for threatening the peace and stability of nations "near and far." The U.S. and its allies vowed to press for stronger economic sanctions at Sunday's emergency session of the U.N. Security Council, requested by Japan just minutes after liftoff.

"North Korea broke the rules, once again, by testing a rocket that could be used for long-range missiles," Obama said in Prague. "It creates instability in their region, around the world. This provocation underscores the need for action, not just this afternoon in the U.N. Security Council, but in our determination to prevent the spread of these weapons."

Pyongyang claims it launched an experimental communications satellite into orbit Sunday and that it's transmitting data and patriotic songs. U.S. and South Korean officials claim the entire rocket, including whatever payload it was carrying, ended up in the ocean.

But it doesn't really matter how successful the rocket launch was. Kim's critics claim he really was testing a ballistic missile capable of hitting U.S. territory.

rest of the story

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Quote:
But it doesn't really matter how successful the rocket launch was. Kim's critics claim he really was testing a ballistic missile capable of hitting U.S. territory.

Frightening.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Two reasons:

1. The technology does not exist to do so.

2. Starting one more shooting war the US can't afford is a Really Bad Idea.

Truth is important

Two reasons:

1. The technology does not exist to do so.

2. Starting one more shooting war the US can't afford is a Really Bad Idea.

Isn't the reason the technology does not exist is because in someone's wisdom we have scraped anti-ballistic missle

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

• Moderators

Promises Promises. Now they are just promising to do NOTHING.

I want ACTION from my president. I don't want him so occupied going around to the comedy shows that he can't do his job.

I guess he should do what Bush did when NK set off a nuke device.......

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

So shy can't they put up their own satellite? Is this another WMD ploy?

If you believe WMD was a ploy by the US President then the majority of his political enemies should have left or been forced out of office with Bush. If they were so incompetent as to not have a clue and backed the consensus that indeed there were WMD,they should not be there.

Ultimately the buck stops with the president. He did pay a heavy price for what he believed as others now go on condemning as if they had never thought same.

• Moderators

There a huge difference between Bush and most of the others. He went to war and cost thousands of Iraqi and American lives.

His error is compounded by the fact that he "pulled the trigger".

The police officer who pulls the trigger is the officer that will be charged with crime not the other who also thought the boy had a gun!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

There a huge difference between Bush and most of the others. He went to war and cost thousands of Iraqi and American lives.

His error is compounded by the fact that he "pulled the trigger".

The police officer who pulls the trigger is the officer that will be charged with crime not the other who also thought the boy had a gun!

Pretty much as I said. The buck stops with the president. Have never hinted otherwise.

There is not much difference in what many agreed with. Even those that were his political enemies.

Yes he pulled the trigger,and yes for the right or wrong that is his to bear.

The distinction is that the left now has made this to be a lie. Sorry,if they were dumb enough to back a lie and agreed with the dangers of Saddam,why were they voted back in. Either they are stupid or compounded the lie

• Moderators

In keeping with my earlier vow, why don't we leave Bush out of it? (Others are welcome to do whatever they want to, of course.)

North Korea has stated that it was attempting to launch a satellite. It's rational to at least suspect that it had the secondary aim of intimidating its enemies - which is pretty much everyone else in the world.

But to suggest that Obama was negligent in not doing something that is (1) technically impossible and (2) politically and morally extremely dangerous...

Truth is important

Interesting that the Generals indicated that they were prepared to shoot it out of the sky.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

I guess he's not doing to well with his problem of trying to bomb the USA. I wonder if the next one will blow up NK. Wouldn't that be funny. hahahahaha

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Interesting that the Generals indicated that they were prepared to shoot it out of the sky.

Considering the trajectory, and the altitude, just how did the Generals figure on doing that? The only way to shoot out of the sky is when it's on its way down. Which would have been an act of war on NK part if the missle was coming down in the Americas...

No, Obama played it right...bomb it before liftoff, and we not nly are playing with the concepts of another war, but we have one with a country whose dictator is crazy. Shoot it out of the sky only on the way down, and you have NK playing the part of agressor....And you can 't blow it out of the sky while going up as it is still in NK territory...once it is past the territory of NK, it is going faster than most missles and higher than most airplanes...

No, Obama played it right....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Well ... UN resolutions strictly prohibit the launch. Are you opposed to the UN?

President Obama has said that 'serious consequences' will happen as a result of the Launch.

The World has said NO to it. 57% of Americans say that the miltary should stop by force ... the launches.

IF it was a satellite ... why was no satellite launched.

I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: Stan Jensen

Well ... UN resolutions strictly prohibit the launch. Are you opposed to the UN?

President Obama has said that 'serious consequences' will happen as a result of the Launch.

The World has said NO to it. 57% of Americans say that the miltary should stop by force ... the launches.

IF it was a satellite ... why was no satellite launched.

And you believe the UN?? Boy they sound really,really mad this time.Other than a verbal lashing what is it you think they will do?

Quote:
And you believe the UN?? Boy they sound really,really mad this time.Other than a verbal lashing what is it you think they will do?

The UN is a TOTAL joke. Of course ... they will do NOTHING. They always just wait until it gets SO bad ... that the US has to do something.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:

The UN is a TOTAL joke. Of course ... they will do NOTHING. They always just wait until it gets SO bad ... that the US has to do something.

Reminds me of parents that count to ten to get their gets to behave. Any child over three is smart enough to keep on till the number 9 is reached,then go for number ten when mom and dad aren't looking. All that happens is the counting begins again

• Members

Yes I agree that the UN is a or has become a useless organization. This is why Bush eventually went around them. If the rest of the world doesn't join us in stopping NK I wonder if Obama will do the same? I have the feeling he won't!

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60