ClubAdventist is back!

Youtube Pastor;s wives

nuff sed

Take a look at "Pastor's Wives Favorite Meals" on Youtube,

The three of them are wives of the three pastors at Florida Hospital Seventh-day Adventist Church.

Those must be the same wives who posted the video "Before He Speaks," a song about their husbands using embarrassing stories about them as sermon illustrations. I would not tolerate that if my husband were a pastor.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Yep, same wives.

Catherine

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

• Members

Yeah that's the ladies. I love that video.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

I am glad my wife is not like this. She does not even think like this.

Talk about selfishness.

God is not glorified in that video.

Either is the Adventist church.

Its about revenge and getting even. Is that part of the three angels message?

Florida Hospital Church has some other videos there too. There's "Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be pastors." One of the same pastors' wives is in that one, though the ladies don't sing it. They also have some political and advertising spoofs. Here's a good one:

Catherine

God is not glorified in pastors who use their wives embarrassing experiences as sermon illustrations without their permission either.

Catherine

Anyway, it was meant to be funny, like most of their videos on Youtube.

Catherine

I see. So promoting revenge and selfish feelings are okay if its done in a humorous way. Is that right?

Wait a minute. Your signature says

"To reply to a nasty remark with another nasty remark is like trying to remove dirt with mud. -- "

Isn't that what they did?

Wow ... a lot of mud slingin' going on here. I think I will bow out.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

I just watched the one on the Adventist trading cards - the pastors' wife one has done the rounds before.

I think there is a major message in how we keep and regard Sabbath in the first one, the second, as GLG says,

makes a very valid point. It is grossly unfair for a minister to speak in public of something that

should remain within the privacy of the home.

Perhaps we prefer these were not out there, but I can see some benefit in taking seriously the messages being conveyed.

• Members

I enjoyed those, and I liked the video of Bush talking about the SDA church.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

I see. So promoting revenge and selfish feelings are okay if its done in a humorous way. Is that right?

Wait a minute. Your signature says

"To reply to a nasty remark with another nasty remark is like trying to remove dirt with mud. -- "

Isn't that what they did?

No, it is not.

First of all, there is nothing selfish about objecting to one's spouse humiliating you in public. That is an extremely disrespectful behavior which no christian should ever engage in, as well as a violation of one's wedding vows to honor his/her spouse. I do not ever trust anyone who does that, pastor or otherwise. And I would not tolerate my husband doing it to me. Nor do I tolerate anyone else doing it to my husband or other family members in front of me. They very soon regret it if they do.

Secondly, the song is a parody of a popular song called "Before He Cheats", and they are modifying the words to fit a different situation. They are not promoting revenge. The lengths they go to in song are meant to highlight the seriousness of the offense, as well as to make it clear that the proposed actions are not meant to be taken literally. That is the nature of parody.

Catherine