ClubAdventist is back!

The ex-wife and I'm in hate mode

Robert

And also, to add a new activity to your life might very well be a good thing. :)

I'm trying to rebuild my 401K....that's a hobby, only this time I'm doing it myself instead of Vanguard. That's pretty much what I do after work. It's fun and making money is even better. It's the weekends that are tough.

Robert, I think I'd like to reiterate how special a part of this group you are. I'm happy that you can turn to your friends here in your time of need.

AND together we can pray with and for you! Our God is a living God and a present help in trouble. :)

((((( Rob )))))

rollingsmile

O I wish all of us on CA lived in the same area and could be there for you, invite you to church with us, have you over for a meal or to go somewhere with our family etc. Praying for you!

grouphug

• Moderators

Robert, I've had a bit of experience in this [breaking up] business in my professional life and also in my personal life.

First of all, it's just not possible to stay "friends" with someone you've previously been married to. The relationships are just not the same. Trying to remain "friends" is a controlling mechanism on the part of one or both parties, and it prevents the other party from getting on with his new life. You just have to cut the ties, permanently, and don't look back. Face your future as a new adventure, and it will surprise you how interesting things will become.

Second, the best way to replace overpowering sadness is to replace it with something which requires every ounce of your energy. [i went to law school in my midlife; it took every ounce of my energy, and resulted in a career which brought me minor fame and fortune.... I was able to maintain my previous lifestyle, and I didn't have time/energy to dwell on the past.]

Third, don't despair at finding a new love. "Fifty is the new thirty," I've heard.... And "sixty is the new forty." I met my second husband when I was in my 50s. We had fifteen wonderful years together before he died of cancer.

God bless you. ClubAdventist is a great fraternity.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....