ClubAdventist is back!

Easter present ... Captain Freed from Pirates

thumbsup

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Taylor

• bonnie

• lazarus

• Members

I have to agree with bonnie, does the US or is the US willing to put an effort into running the pirates out of there. All I can remember is what happen the last time we were in somalia, things didn't go that well than. There were others, but this just stands out for me. I know the soldiers are willing but are the politicians and the people willing.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I have to agree with bonnie, does the US or is the US willing to put an effort into running the pirates out of there. All I can remember is what happen the last time we were in somalia, things didn't go that well than. There were others, but this just stands out for me. I know the soldiers are willing but are the politicians and the people willing.

pk

Didn't sound like it from what I heard. Back to the international community to see what can be done.

I don't expect much but do expect soon to have the tone change.

Shooting three teenagers in one incident maybe will be accepted.

Continued shooting of teenage boys is unlikely.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Quote:
Here are a couple articles that help to explain part of the reasons why the pirates are doing what they are doing.

Does anyone buy this?

Reason #1 for pirating:

People are poaching fish off our shores.

Reason #2 for pirating:

Companies are polluting our shores

So they send teenage boys to hijack civilian cargo ships which are neither fishing illegally or polluting the water. And they have been paid ransom money by some corporations. Some of that money has been funneled into terrorist organizations. Has some of it went into ecological programs to clean up the polluted shores or replenish the depleted sea?

I think one would have to be rather gullible to accept either of those excuses as a justifiable reason for pirating. Why don't they target the fishing vessels or the corporations actually polluting? Of course we know why. The real reason they are pirating has nothing to do with fishing or polluting.

Yeah, I wondered some of those same questions. But it does shed some light on other serious stuff that is happening in that area. As well as the whole issue of what we do with toxic waste everywhere. A little scary.

Ya I have to admitt that makes no sense at all! A few may be doing it for those reasons, but I would wager that most of it is just plain greed, theft, the "thrill" of piracy, and perhaps even terrorism (just undermining stability for nations and business.) Alot of people in other countries are not as aware of "enviornmental issues" as people with a "western mitality" seem to be. (For instance, in Korea a number of year ago there was VAST deforrestation and no replating going on in many cases. I have no idea if that has changed at all but it was the reality then.)

On the other hand, what do you expect people to do when their livelihoods are so forcibly taken away from them and their resources turned into a toxic waste? It's not like they have a government they can turn to. And the UN won't do anything about it.

On the other hand, what do you expect people to do when their livelihoods are so forcibly taken away from them and their resources turned into a toxic waste? It's not like they have a government they can turn to. And the UN won't do anything about it.

Maybe they should do the same thing the early americans did. Took matters in to their own hands and set up a government second to none.

I don't know about anyone else but forcibly taking one of my family and threatening to kill him if ransom wasn't paid is not the thing to be doing

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman