ClubAdventist is back!

TEA Parties....

Has anyone here been to one? I was just wondering what goes on in one.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

Potential for violence from what I know.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Potential for violence from what I know.

Not by those putting on the tea parties. There is a threat from acorn and other places that plan on attending

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

It's usually just a social time where ladies can do stuff most guys don't enjoy - like get dressed up and eat quiche and little sandwiches and petit fours, etc. Of course, there is tea. And it is all served on real china or fancy dishes with table linens. Lots of gabbing.

(Not my kind of thing, personally.)

HEY LIZ

IT all depends some tea parties are just gossip

sessions.......some are sweet times with friends.....

then some are just for children

dgrimm60

<giggle> Yes, Dgrimm, you are right...but I was talking about the political tea parties being organized around the nation. Although, they could also end up being gossip sessions too, I suppose.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

Oh, *those* tea parties! Yeah, I want to know too.

There are scores of them,you can find the locations all over the internet

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

T.E.A. stands for Taxed Enough Already. There is one going on in my county and one in the country next to me on April 15. If you are conservative I am sure they will be a lot of fun. I am not that conservative so I don't plan on going.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Members

I'm neither conservative or liberal and don't plan on going to any tea parties. When the Jews were complaining about having to pay to high of taxes and ask Jesus what he thought they should do, what did he tell them?

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Well, the Jews were not living in a democratic republic so the circumstances were quite different. Peaceful demonstrations in a democratic society are not contrary to Biblical Christianity.

It's usually just a social time where ladies can do stuff most guys don't enjoy - like get dressed up and eat quiche and little sandwiches and petit fours, etc. Of course, there is tea. And it is all served on real china or fancy dishes with table linens. Lots of gabbing.

(Not my kind of thing, personally.)

Or you might say it's not my "cup of tea" --

rollingsmile

I dunno. You seem to be able to gab when it comes to politics. Ha Ha Ha

I believe in Hematology.

T.E.A. stands for Taxed Enough Already. There is one going on in my county and one in the country next to me on April 15. If you are conservative I am sure they will be a lot of fun. I am not that conservative so I don't plan on going.

Thanks, Shane! But don't you think there's room for a blue dog like me at one of those tea parties?

Hmmmmmm.

For those of you lacking in the gift of gab ... may I suggest a trip to the Blarney Stone. IT helped me out ...

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

The Tea Party was the culmination of a resistance movement throughout British America against the Tea Act, which had been passed by the British Parliament in 1773. Colonists objected to the Tea Act for a variety of reasons, especially because they believed that it violated their constitutional right to be taxed only by their own elected representatives.

I don't get it, Americans got what they wanted, they ARE being taxed by their own representatives!

Maybe you should have stuck with the Brits!

thinking

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

The Tea Party was the culmination of a resistance movement throughout British America against the Tea Act, which had been passed by the British Parliament in 1773. Colonists objected to the Tea Act for a variety of reasons, especially because they believed that it violated their constitutional right to be taxed only by their own elected representatives.

I don't get it, Americans got what they wanted, they ARE being taxed by their own representatives!

Maybe you should have stuck with the Brits!

thinking

Maybe it has to do with the taxation that was only supposed to affect the vulgar rich. Maybe some now see what a personal punishing and business breaking tax Obama is after.

Confiscatory taxes, the president having the power to hire and fire is not quite what the revolution was after.

Might want to check your history

Americans got what they wanted, they ARE being taxed by their own representatives!

I agree with you (how 'bout that?!)

But since the whole taxation system is unconstitutional, we are breaking the law even by voting for this cr__, um... stuff.

Our president is breaking the constitutional law every day and I will stand against that. As a minister of the Gospel, surely you recall the famous quote:

"Political corruption is destroying love of justice and regard for truth; and even in free America, rulers and legislators, in order to secure public favor, will yield to the popular demand for a law enforcing Sunday observance." GC 592

In order for that to happen (in the very near future), the downward smaller steps have to be taken so it's not a major, radical change when the Constitution is ultimately trampled to death. There are those of us on this forum that see these small steps and are vehemently opposing what we see. There are others who are cheering these 'rulers and legislators' every step of the way and that blows my mind.

We opposed the acts of erosion by the Bush administration. But the frustration is that we had a worse option to vote for than that. Our options of voting for McCain or others was the lesser of two evils. Others on this forum decided to vote for and still support the worse of two evils.

Everyday, the evidence of the corruption, the trampling of rights, the ignoring of Constitutional law are being more plainly displayed... but only to those who have chosen not to be blind.

Quote:

In order for that to happen (in the very near future), the downward smaller steps have to be taken so it's not a major, radical change when the Constitution is ultimately trampled to death. There are those of us on this forum that see these small steps and are vehemently opposing what we see. There are others who are cheering these 'rulers and legislators' every step of the way and that blows my mind.

This is the part that is astounding. We have witnessed first hand how quickly hatred and envy can be turned to private citizens by the president no less. Many cheered as they watched. Caring little for the unprecedented actions of the leader of this country.

Regardless of the silence they should be wondering about an exact same scenerio that has been played out with nary a word.

Knowing now that the lie that Obama and friends played out was not true, they will still defend this man's actions

Piece by piece so many cheer because they seem to have invested so much in a mortal man.

Quote:
Regardless of the silence they should be wondering about an exact same scenerio that has been played out with nary a word.

Just so. This is how the world ends.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

The argument is that Americans are now taxed more by their own government than they ever were by the British. However the TEA parties today are not directly linked to the Boston Tea Party. The big protest today is more about the huge bail-outs being given to huge corporations using tax money or deficit spending.