ClubAdventist is back!

Obama Secrets

So, you would have me muzzeled.

I don't think anyone wants to muzzle you. I, for one, would love to hear your views on issues and get some good dialogue going. Actually, I thought this thread was one of your better ones. A real issue of importance to discuss.

Thanks Carolaa.

This IS a good issue.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Could I ask how people here feel about Obama threatening to tear up the documents? I don't mean to sling mud ... but how else could I address this issue.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Dude, no need to be defensive. I was not attacking, I was explaining.

And no, posting an equal amount of noise from the 'other side' is useless and counter-productive if the goal is to reduce the amount of noise.

I don't want to silence you. I do want you to consider, for yourself, what your goals are. If your goal is to have an interesting conversation with a range of people, then I'm suggesting to you that your current approach is not serving that goal. If your goal is just to pick a fight at every opportunity (which is your prerogative), then you're doing it right.

But not trying to silence you, never. You have every right to post whatever you want, whenever you want. Simply outlining what it costs.

Truth is important

I don't mind being the poster child for the Liberal Left to attack. Go ahead ... I happen to be on here far more than most. I have the time. So, you would have me muzzeled. That is your leftist desire. Fine. But that will not change my posting habits. But you are free to bring an equal amount of threads in support of Obama ... that way your leftist friends will have a place to post.

Gee, since when did you became the sole owner of ClubAdventist? When did you become the spokesperson for the Adventist church in general?

I have been interested in discussion, not a wall of noise, not a competition of how many posts that lean one direction or the other....I am not looking for a place to increase the number of posts...but rather serious discussion...discussion that entails rubber to the road mentality that involves all aspects of the Adventist culture, not just the 10 Commandment...

As for being "the poster child for the Liberal Left to attack", what that means is that you've been hurt...and now you are lashing out...Another sign that someone is not actually dealing with his issues and putting the religious tire to the road..IOWs, you havent learned to really forgive...

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:
As for being "the poster child for the Liberal Left to attack", what that means is that you've been hurt...and now you are lashing out...Another sign that someone is not actually dealing with his issues and putting the religious tire to the road..IOWs, you havent learned to really forgive...

paging Dr. Freud. Paging Dr. Freud. One of your test cases has escaped. No, he doesn't think he's Napoleon. He thinks he's you!

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Perhaps someone would care to get back on topic. I see the issue as two-fold: 1) the issue of state secrets, and 2) Obama's flip-flop on the issue of state secrets.

Any thoughts?

Perhaps someone would care to get back on topic. I see the issue as two-fold: 1) the issue of state secrets, and 2) Obama's flip-flop on the issue of state secrets.

Any thoughts?

Thank you Carolaa. Regarding this issue .... there could be some reason for the flip-flop. We have heard many different reasons for him going against his campaign promises. Each president does this for some reason. When President Bush Sr. went against his campaign promise of 'read my lips'. I then and there decided I would not vote for him for re-election. And I didn't. I voted for Ross Perot.

It seems though that going against promises has become more and more accepted. I would like to know however if there is a reason he is giving before I throw too much mud on him. But be forewarned ... the mud will be coming soon if he can't explain himself.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Well Redwood I don't know why he changed his opinion on this matter, but I do know that every president who has been voted in has flip flop on issues. If I had to guess I'd say that after they got in they got a better picture of why the previous president did what they did, and after carefull examination a bell rung in there head, OH that's why! All I know it that as each elected president has gone down this road, people have been less and less tolerable of this. Probably because there throwing around so much BS about the previous administration, during there campaign speeches.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

thumbsup

Very Good Post pk.

I agree. For what that is worth on this forum.

HA HA HA HE HE HE HO HO HO

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Its worth alot Redwood. I know that all of us don't always agree with each other or the party that is in office. But we don't need to attack each other for who or what we believe is the correct thing to do. I think if each one of us would sit down and actually look at the issue's and not the party, we'd find that there are things they have in common. If you notice I left myself out of "the in common" part because I am neither D or R, have no use for politics. And as you know the reasons are pretty much because what happens when everybody just attacks each other over politics, of all things. I think each of us has the right to believe in one party or the other. Otherwise why would there be more than one to choose from. And like I've said many times before, what ever one party backs the other will not. As the years have passed they have even changed sides on certain issues. Very slowing so that people haven't even noticed.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

thumbsup

Thanks pk. All true. And it is so good to have you ... even if you are a peace maker between the waring sides. !!! :)

I believe in Hematology.

All I can figure is that there is really not that much difference between the two parties. They both answer to the same lobbyists.

• Members

I agree with that carolaa.

pk

phkrause