ClubAdventist is back!

Obama & Torture

Quote:
and such coerced confessions are not admissible in court because they are considered not to be reliable

reliability is not the issue in a court of law. Constitutionality is.

constitutionality is not an issue in a combat zone. Reliability is.

Some interesting logic there. So, what you're saying is that reliability is an important issue in a combat zone? Wouldn't that be all the more reason *not* to use torture? ????

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Taylor

• Dr. Shane

• carolaa

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
I don't see a big difference between saying someone lied (as you just did above and I have done several times) and calling them a liar. To me, it's the same thing, no difference at all.

So, when God says we should hate the sin, and love the sinner, it's essentially meaningless, since "he lied" (he committed a sin) and "he is a liar" (he is a sinner) is "the same thing, no difference at all."

Someone should explain that to God.

Hmmm, some more interesting logic. He committed a sin; he is a sinner. Yup, that about covers it.

Quote:
They interviewed prisoners separately, who had not had contact with each other, and the same things kept coming out.

That is because they are all trained to say the same thing in their terrorist training camps.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I think that terrorist suspects should be treated like criminal suspects. However I think they should be tried in a military court. Their country of origin should have the right to hire a lawyer for them if they do not the suspect should be appointed a military lawyer. If these terrorist organizations treated us the same when they captured us I think that would be acceptable. At no time or under any circumstance should a terrorist suspect be allowed to remain in the US after his or her release.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Originally Posted By: there buster
Quote:
I don't see a big difference between saying someone lied (as you just did above and I have done several times) and calling them a liar. To me, it's the same thing, no difference at all.

So, when God says we should hate the sin, and love the sinner, it's essentially meaningless, since "he lied" (he committed a sin) and "he is a liar" (he is a sinner) is "the same thing, no difference at all."

Hmmm, some more interesting logic. He committed a sin; he is a sinner. Yup, that about covers it.

It is a very simple concept for me carolaa. I don't call people names. I will point out their actions. But 'liar' is name calling which is something that is not in compliance with the rules established for this Forum.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Quote:

So God's wrong. Now that's interesting logic.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Quote:

Seriously, whether we say someone lied or say that someone is a liar, we are saying basically the same thing.

We are saying they committed a sin, that they are a sinner.

Now where in all that did we say that they are immediately disqualified from our love? After all, God loved us while we were still sinners, should we not love others the same way?

I really cannot see the logic that says "If you call someone a sinner you cannot love them, but if you say they committed a sin, then they still qualify for your love."

Pretzel logic

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I read an interview this morning that talked about how the FBI was getting valuable information w/o using torture, but the CIA got jealous and took over the interrogations.