ClubAdventist is back!

Gay Obsession

Maybe if gay activists like, Perez Hilton, would stop trying to shove the issue down everyone's thoughts, the nation wouldn't seem so obsessed with what gay people do.

3175413541_93e4066e8f.jpg

Carrie Prejean

Quote:
"We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody

• Dr. Shane

• bonnie

• carolaa

Her answer was alright all the way up to that part that says, "I think in my country..."....If she had left that out, she would have done alright....as it was, this answer was the answer that cost her her crown.....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Moderators

Yeah. Another thread at Club Adventist about homosexuality. Whoopie!!

LOL.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Moderators

shove the issue down everyone's thoughts

I like it.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

After lookin' at that picture that you provided Shane ... I don't know how anyone could be gay. At least the male part of the population.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

It looks like Sarah has a rival for your attentions, Redwood.

LOL

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

It looks like Sarah has a rival for your attentions, Redwood.

Well .... in this case ... more has been 'revealed'.

I believe in Hematology.

Sorry Aub. How do you feel about homosexuality? Is it defined as a sin in God's Word. Or not?

best regards,

`oG

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

This is exactly my point. Why do we find ourselves discussing the issue yet again? Because the gay activist community will not let it alone. They are the ones obsessing over the issue and constantly keeping it in the news.

• Moderators

Remember that post a while ago about the Top Ten searches at Conservapedia? All of them were some variant on homosexuality and gay sex. If there's someone obsessed with homosexuality, it's conservatives. There are some gay activists, but the vast majority of homosexual people are just getting on with their lives. It's fascinated conservatives who make all the noise.

Truth is important

And the reason they make the noise is because the gay activists stir the pot. That is exactly what happened at the Miss America pageant. Miss California did not go to the pageant with an agenda against homosexuality. It was a gay activist with the agenda. The gay activists are pushing the issue. I don't think it is just "conservatives" that oppose the gay rights movement. I personally have liberal and independent-minded friends that oppose special rights for gays. And yes, redefining marriage to include same-sex couples is a special right.

Exactly. Black activists drove the civil rights issues. Imagine people in the 1960s blaming the southern Democrats (who opposed civil rights the most) for always bringing up the issue. The southern Democrats made a lot of noise about civil rights. No doubt about that. But they were spurred on by the black population.

Now that is not to place the gay rights movement on the same moral ground as the civil rights movement. Not at all. Homosexuality is sin and the apostle Paul speaks clearly that homosexuals will burn in the fires of hell. It is not a sin to be black. Black people need not repent of being black. Despite what some evolutionists believe, blacks are no different than other ethnic group. They are born with the same God-given rights as Asians, Indians, Caucasians or Eskimos. Homosexuality is a disorder much like alcoholism and other obsessive/compulsive disorders. In a free nation they should have the right to practice their perversion but no special rights should be created for them. And yes, redefining marriage for them is a special right.

If there's someone obsessed with homosexuality, it's conservatives. There are some gay activists, but the vast majority of homosexual people are just getting on with their lives. It's fascinated conservatives who make all the noise.

Exactly.

Maybe if gay activists like, Perez Hilton, would stop trying to shove the issue down everyone's thoughts, the nation wouldn't seem so obsessed with what gay people do.

3175413541_93e4066e8f.jpg

Carrie Prejean

Quote:
"We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

Like I say ... if only more people would just go back and look at this picture ...

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

See, now if you could just recognise that gay men have the same reaction to a picture of Brad Pitt that you have to that picture, we could move on a long way...

Truth is important

It's all in their head.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
if you could just recognise that gay men have the same reaction to a picture of Brad Pitt that you have to that picture, we could move on a long way...

If reactions are what defines things, then all such reactions are equal.

Like the reaction of a pedophile to a baby. The reaction of a sadist to pictures of torture. The reaction of (what's the noun form of beastiality?) to farm animals.

Alcoholics have a reaction to alcohol, heroin addicts to heroin.

No, I'm not equating them. I'm simply pointing out that reactions do not justify a behavior.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Good One there buster.

I believe in Hematology.

Ah, did anyone notice this slip of the tongue? Who posted and started this thread? Was it someone from the 'gay activist community'?

Hmmm...... teehe

One must have an understanding of cause and effect. When a doctor tests our reflexes he or she will tap on our knee with a small hammer and the healthy leg will move. So who moved the leg? The doctor or the patient? The reaction is the result of stimuli. This thread was started because a gay activist decided to interject homosexuality into the Miss. America pageant. In dealing with issues we must be careful not to shoot the messenger.

Originally Posted By: CoAspen

Ah, did anyone notice this slip of the tongue? Who posted and started this thread? Was it someone from the 'gay activist community'?

Hmmm...... teehe

One must have an understanding of cause and effect. When a doctor tests our reflexes he or she will tap on our knee with a small hammer and the healthy leg will move. So who moved the leg? The doctor or the patient? The reaction is the result of stimuli. This thread was started because a gay activist decided to interject homosexuality into the Miss. America pageant. In dealing with issues we must be careful not to shoot the messenger.

Meanwhile back at the ranch.....

I am still trying to figure out why gay activists,their supporters have the only valid opinion on this. And how an opinion that marriage is to be between one man and one woman is somehow bigoted or likened to racism

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman