ClubAdventist is back!

"We were NOT ... I repeat ... We were NOT told"

Quote:
Nancy Pelosi

As it turns out ... Capitol Hill WAS told and approved of Water Boarding techniques. The Truth will come back and bit Capitol Hill. Do they REALLY want a Truth Commission?

What we need is to have a commission to determine what Nancy knew and when she knew it.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
Nancy Pelosi

As it turns out ... Capitol Hill WAS told and approved of Water Boarding techniques. The Truth will come back and bit Capitol Hill. Do they REALLY want a Truth Commission?

What we need is to have a commission to determine what Nancy knew and when she knew it.

Some are promising just that if hearings go forward. What a travisty for our operatives and service men and women.

Wonder why they won't honor Cheney's request and lay it all out there.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Members

If this was Colin Powell, stating that, I would believe it. I'm not sure that I believe anything she says. But I do need to give her the benefit of the doubt. The problem as I see it is the dems say one thing the repubs say the opposite. So we have a they said we said. We need a person on either side to step up and tell the truth. Until than only God knows.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

I don't know the details of the story. Nancy Pelosi was not Speaker at the time. If she wasn't on the right committee she may not have been told. However there were congressmen, both Democrat and Republican, that were told I am sure.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

So why would she say that she was not told?

I believe in Hematology.

Take a good guess Redwood.

pk

bwink

I believe in Hematology.

So why would she say that she was not told?

Supposedly, she said they were briefed on different methods of enhanced interrogation but were not told for sure which ones would be used or to what extent they would be used.

However, others who were present (the Republicans, no doubt) said they were fully informed.

I know who I believe.

I believe in Hematology.

I know who I believe.

Do you have some tangible reasons for your belief?

If so, what are they?

Or are you just relying on your political predilections?

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Quote:

Wow! Not good for the Democratic House leadership.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

Anyone in gov't other than the president who asks for a private plane to take them from DC to SF directly because of the inconvenience suffered even in a first class commercial flight automatically goes to the bottom of MY rating.

What did I miss?

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Quote:

Originally Posted By: BobRyan

Wow! Not good for the Democratic House leadership.

Indeed. Probably not "good" for either party signing on to torture. But then how "instructive" that the Dems should pretend that they were only in the room in body but not in spirit so that they could later claim "we were never told" as they ratchet up the whining about this.

Why not just fess up??!!

To the extent that this was wrong -- it was a bipartisen error with full disclosure consisting of almost 30 briefing events.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

• 3 weeks later...

Source: Aide told Pelosi waterboarding had been used

http://topics.cnn.com/topics/nancy_pelosi

A source close to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi now confirms that Pelosi was told in February 2003 by her intelligence aide, Michael Sheehy, that waterboarding was actually used on CIA detainee Abu Zubaydah. full story

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Time for:

post-2281-140967434108_thumb.gif

I believe in Hematology.