ClubAdventist is back!

Pro-Abortion

True-believer

Pro-Life Commencement

Fr. Frank Pavone

National Director, Priests for Life

Over a million children per grade level throughout the nation would have been with us had they not been killed by abortion. Priests for Life asks, therefore, that each graduation ceremony and liturgy include a remembrance of those who would have been graduating had they not been aborted. This could in some way, make reparation for the scandal of Catholic institutions, such as Notre Dame, inviting and honoring pro-abortion public figures.

Remembrance of the missing children can take the form of a moment of silence, a lit candle, an empty chair, a cap and diploma resting by themselves, or a brief prayer. Symbolic actions can be accompanied by words like these:

"On this day of joy, we give thanks to God for our accomplishments. At the same time, we cannot ignore those whose lives have been lost, and who otherwise would have been with us to share the joys of this day.

With charity toward all and condemnation toward none, we, the Class of 2009, wish to honor and remember those who have lost their lives because they were aborted. (We pause now for a moment of silence... Or We now light this candle in their memory... Or We set aside these empty chairs in their memory.)

As we move into a new chapter of our lives, we commit ourselves to building a Culture of Life, in which parents never have to feel that the only way to solve their problems is to abort their child, and in which the precious dignity of every human life, especially the most defenseless, is cherished and protected. We invite you all to join us in striving for this goal."

Suppose that a tragedy took the lives of some of the graduating class just days or weeks before graduation. Would there not be a mention or a tribute at the ceremony? Why, then, should the victims who died longer ago be forgotten? It is not, after all, the timing of the death that matters, but the value of the life.

It's graduation time again. I'll be praying for all graduates at all different grade levels. It is my fervent hope that students everywhere will take the initiative to remember aborted classmates.

Some, of course, will object to inserting such a "negative" theme into a happy day. But are significant moments in our lives supposed to be insulated from all awareness of injustice? Are we to rejoice with those who rejoice, but not weep with those who weep?

To be willing to face sadness when the victims were born, but unwilling to do so when the victims died before birth, is another sign of the deep-rooted prejudice against the unborn in our society. But a new generation of young people who have survived that prejudice are now taking their places and preparing to be the future leaders. That gives us hope. Isn't that what Graduation Day is all about?

Please, do something. How can we explain it if we forget or ignore these children?

Fr. Frank's columns are podcast, see www.priestsforlife.org/podcast

Find this column online at www.priestsforlife.org/columns/columns2009/09-04-20-graduation-2009.htm

Luke 4:19

To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

Lev 18 lists some crimes for which non-Bible aware nations will be held accountable. for which they will be destroyed by God Himself.

Among them - killing the children as we see today in the practice of abortion. Among them - the gay agenda that we see being promoted today.

These are the quickest ways to terminate our probation as a Nation and apparently we have some liberals feverishly working toward that end in America.

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

This thread probably needs to be moved to the political forum.

What???

Is there an "Political Forum"???

I thought we didn't believe in Politics???

If you split the word "Politics" in two, you'll get what it means?

Poli//Poly ===== meaning "Many, Much"

Tics =========== meaning "Bloodsucking"

So if you want to talk about Political matters Shane, then you go right ahead and speak about those Many Bloodsuckers---like the dictionary defines them.........................

hahaha hehehe hohohoh hahahaha hehehehe hohohohoh hahaha hehehe

Luke 4:19

To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

• Members

As far as I know Abortion is not a political issue! More of a religious issue than political. Just my thought.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Quote:
I thought we didn't believe in Politics???

Our Religious Liberty departments spend a lot of time and money lobbying various governments at various levels throughout the world.

An Adventist is Governor-General of Jamica.

The mayor of Philadelphia is an Adventist.

Two Adventists are currently elected to the US Congress.

The Chaplin of the US Senate is an Adventist.

I certainly wouldn't say that Adventists don't believe in politics.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

What we have are Catholic priests wanting to draw attention to children that would have attended their schools if abortion they would not have been aborted.

First, if these aborted children had Catholic parents who would send them to Catholic schools, they probably wouldn't have been aborted. The typical woman that has an abortion probably isn't following the teachings of the Catholic church. If she were to choose not to abort, it is rather unlikely that her not-aborted child would end up in the graduation ceremony of a Catholic school. Of course some might but I suggest it would be very few.

Second, there are millions of children that die of other things too. Perhaps the Catholic church should draw attention to all the children and teenagers that die of cancer, car accidents and drug overdoes that would have graduated if not for those killers.

• Members

Shane I didn't know that the mayor of Philly is an SDA. Thanks for this info. I knew we had Adventists in government throughout the world but was unaware about Philadelphia. Again thanks.

pk

phkrause

pk ... I don't believe the 'current' mayor is an SDA. It think this is old news and the 'former' mayor was an SDA.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

OK Redwood I'm taking your word for this, but if I find out differently, you'll be in big trouble. :) hahaha hehehe hohoho

pk

phkrause

This thread probably needs to be moved to the political forum.

That being your 'opinion' ... perhaps you should send a PM to the moderator. Some of us disagree. To each his own.

I believe in Hematology.

OK Redwood I'm taking your word for this, but if I find out differently, you'll be in big trouble. :) hahaha hehehe hohoho

pk

Whoops. Perhaps I should moderate my words then ... to "as far as I know". Would that cover me from further 'trouble'?

I believe in Hematology.

Let me just say pk ... that I saw the current mayor give Obama a warm welcome. And I doubt that an SDA would have done that. Ha Ha.

I believe in Hematology.

• Members

hahaha I'll let that cover it Redwood.

pk

phkrause

As far as I know Abortion is not a political issue! More of a religious issue than political. Just my thought.

pk

The impression I get, from the news reports is that:

In most countries, abortion is a religious/ ethical/ medical issue.

In the USA, abortion is very much a political issue.

aldona

www.asrc.org.au

(Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, Melbourne)

Helping over 2000 refugees & asylum seekers each month

IMSLP/Petrucci Music Library

The Public Domain Music Score Library - Free Sheet Music Downloads

Looking for classical sheet music? Try IMSLP first!

• Moderators

I don't think the opening post from True-believer was political, but the thread sure turned that way when Bob started ranting about 'liberals'.

The Catholics are in an awkward position on this, since they oppose abortion but also oppose all forms of contraception. Ironically, without their opposition to contraception, there would be fewer abortions. And while they're commemorating the aborted children, they may also want to commemorate all the babies who die in Africa because their mothers are infected with HIV, largely due to the Catholic church's staunch opposition to the use of condoms for HIV protection.

Truth is important

My concern is all this evaluation that has to take place each time someone posts a thread. All this open criticism will just hinder some from posting. It's like we have to have a vote each time to determine if something 'might' be political.

Good Grief.

Just let it be ....

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Agreed. But it would also be nice if people could resist the temptation to *make* everything political...

Truth is important

• Members

Yes you are correct. We make everything political when it should not be.

pk

phkrause

Let me just say pk ... that I saw the current mayor give Obama a warm welcome. And I doubt that an SDA would have done that. Ha Ha.

I was thinking it was the Philadelphia's health czar (or whatever) that was SDA.

The SDA health czar was appointed by an SDA mayor. He also married two gay people so he would probably welcome Obama.

pk

Killing one class of person -- has always been both a political and a moral issue.

in Christ,

Bob

Agreed. But it would also be nice if people could resist the temptation to *make* everything political...

The Catholics are in an awkward position on this, since they oppose abortion but also oppose all forms of contraception. Ironically, without their opposition to contraception, there would be fewer abortions.

I think from the Catholic perspective, contraception does the same thing as abortion. So they wouldn't see contraception as a means to decrease abortions.

• Moderators

Hehe - read your own text a little more closely, Bob. bwink

Incidentally, this particular 'liberal' is extremely strongly opposed to abortion.

Truth is important