ClubAdventist is back!

My Husband

GreatLakesGramma

I am worried about my husband. Wednesday, he developed a toothache. He called a dentist about getting it filled or pulled, but they couldn't get him in until this afternoon. Yesterday, late afternoon or early evening, the side of his face swelled, and he developed a fever, because it became infected. He asked me to try to find a dentist that would get him in earlier this morning, but I had no luck with that, so he went to his 1:30 appointment.

The tooth was too far gone to save. Because of the infection, the dentist wanted to give him antibiotics and have him come in on Monday to have it pulled, but husband is going to be working out of state all next week. So the dentist pulled the tooth today. He couldn't give him antibiotics either, because all he had was penicillin, which husband is allergic to.

This morning, before he had gone to the dentist, he asked me if charcoal would help, so I gave him a charcoal tablet to keep in his mouth. He's been keeping them in there all day, except for when he went to the dentist and a few hours after. He asked me to put a charcoal poultice on the swollen side of his jaw this afternoon while he didn't have a tablet in his mouth.

The charcoal has helped, but I am not happy with relying only on charcoal. I thought I had some goldenseal, but found that I somehow missed noticing when it got used up. I gave him some echinacea, but if I don't see some improvement, I may go buy some goldenseal even though it will be Sabbath.

Thank you in advance for any who will pray for my husband.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Pray for healing? Would get better results to follow Jesus' instructions and example and lay hands on him and command healing.

The only sin is unbelief.

"You may not agree with everyone. But if you are an honest man, when someone says something you disagree with it’ll drive you to the Word. If you find out that you were wrong and change your thinking then you are the better for it. If you go to the Word and find out that you were right then you have been strengthened. But either way always go to the Word!!” Billye Brim

Pray for healing? Would get better results to follow Jesus' instructions and example and lay hands on him and command healing.

I wouldn't command God to do anything. But I will pray for God's will to be done. And will humbly ask that if it be HIS will ... that there will be healing.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

No problem GLG, and don't worry about having to buy something to help on the sabbath.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

GLG--

If he has an infection, can you take him to the ER? They would be able to give him antibiotics to stop the infection from spreading. Infections in the jaw can spread to the heart.

I will be praying for you.

Chiming in late, sorry, but I will be praying and hope he is already feeling better.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Administrators

Oh, yes, GLG! I also hope that the infection clears soon! Please keep us updated!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Originally Posted By: Haldog

I wouldn't command God to do anything. But I will pray for God's will to be done. And will humbly ask that if it be HIS will ... that there will be healing.

Amen Redwood. We as humans do not "direct God". God does things in his own time and we must be willing to submitt to His will.

The weather yesterday after church was so bad, I forgot all about going for some goldenseal after church. Then when I called around, there is no store that carries it locally, except the health food store, which was already closed. So this morning when he went to the farm, my husband took a slight detour to get some in another town.

It is working well. The swelling has gone down considerably, and he is feeling better. So I guess all is well, so long as he keeps taking it long enough to make sure the infection is totally gone.

Dottie, I would have to knock him out to get him to the ER, and I don't think I could do that even if I tried. Thankfully, it wasn't necessary.

Catherine

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Praise God you didn't have to knock him out.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: Redwood
Praise God you didn't have to knock him out.
LoL!! You echoed my thoughts on the matter!

I'm thankful too. Thank you all for your prayers to date, and continued prayer. He still has infection, so he still needs God to watch out for him - especially since he is far away from home, where I can't keep an eye on him, and make sure he behaves himself and takes his goldenseal.

Catherine

Thank you all for your prayers. Husband came home last night from Ohio. There is still some infection left, though the swelling is not noticeable from the outside any more. He finally has no pain, but still feels some swelling, so is continuing with the goldenseal.

Catherine

Husband's infection is all gone. Thank you all for your prayers.

Catherine

• Members

Great news GLG, God is good, have a happy Sabbath.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}