ClubAdventist is back!

Savage appeals to Hillary

• Moderators

Lawyers for Michael Savage sent a letter to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton today, asking that she call on the British government to withdraw its ban on the top-rated radio talk host.

The letter issued by the nonprofit Thomas More Law Center argued Savage is being punished "for what he says in the United States and not what he has said or intends to say in the United Kingdom."

In the announcement of the ban last week by British Home Secretary Jacqui Smith, Savage, the letter notes, was listed among radical "Muslim clerics, convicted criminals and Russian skinheads.'"

That's why I love this country. LOL

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Members

Very interesting Lazarus. For one that they would try to get someone to talk to the UK about that, and second that the UK would ban him and list him with other criminals!

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

I thought it was weird that Savage, of all people, would appeal through Hillary. Then I realized that he was appealing to Britain through the US Secretary of State. It's still weird that he needs her assistance. His words about her over the past may come back to bite him. Will they both take the high road on this issue and put aside political differences to resolve the problem together?

Time will tell

• Members

I think that's one of those many cases where you figure out that you can't burn bridges because someday its gonna come back and bite you in the ___! :)

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

list him with other criminals!

A classic, Peter.

Thank you!

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think Savage is laughing all the way to the bank on this one. A lot of people don't even know who he is. I think this is one of those "there-is-no-bad-publicity" moments.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I was noting the use of the word "other".

As far as I can ascertain, Michael Savage has not been convicted of any crime,

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Moderators

Can u imagine what Savage would say if a left wing talker had been banned from the US. He'd be playing clip of their talk show, calling them a "dirty bum" "scum" should be sent to Guatanamo etc. You reap what you sow. LOL.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein