ClubAdventist is back!

Obama is practicing Catholic values in his admin. says valedictorian

• Moderators

The media focus on the controversy surrounding President Obama's upcoming Notre Dame speech might give the impression that Obama is not welcome at the university. Class valedictorian Brennan Bollman, the woman who will be sharing the stage with the president on Sunday, says that couldn't be further from the truth.

"This issue has not divided the campus by any means," says the Catholic, pro-life biology major who will be attending Harvard Medical School after graduation.

In an interview with the Huffington Post, Bollman stressed that her peers do not view the president's overall values as inconsistent with Catholicism. In fact, Bollman says Obama is practicing Catholic values in his administration. Like Jesus, Bollman says, Obama is trying to invite "everyone to the table."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/16/notre-dame-valedictorian_n_204248.html

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

If he is practicing Catholic values ... then why would SDAs vote for him or support him?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

cos some Catholic values are Biblical

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

reyes

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

HEY LAZARUS

SO now the media is making president OBAMA

to be a catholic what happened to OBAMA being

muslim maybe he is trying on all types here.....

dgrimm60

I don think its the media. The valedictorian at Notre Dame said it. I think she was saying that there are some things that Obama is doing that fall in line with Catholic values. The media will make Obama out to be anything that will produce a story. It their job I guess.

Einstein

• Members

I can agree with that. I thought that his speech was really good. And so was all the other speeches also.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

If he is practicing Catholic values ... then why would SDAs vote for him or support him?

That is exactly what I thought when I saw the thread's title.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

The valedictorian at Notre Dame said it.

And that is the source of the story. A young girl graduating college that shared the stage with the President. I think any reasonable person would expect her to say good things about him. This may be the biggest event in her entire life - not considering personal things like weddings and child birth.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

He is also practising a lot of Adventist values as well,

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Doug, if you read Romans 2:14-16 you will see that there are indeed pagans who share some Christian values. Does this make them Christians? NO, it just means they may have some values in common.

The same as the fact that SDA's may share some values in common with Roman Catholics does not mean that the two denominations are synonymous, there are many things they do not share as well.

Here is that passage from Paul:

(Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________