ClubAdventist is back!

RNC Chair backs tourture probe!

• Moderators

During a Sunday broadcast, RNC Chairman Michael Steele, in the midst of attacking Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) for accusing the Central Intelligence Agency of lying, offered his support for an investigation of the Bush administration’s torture program.

Speaking on MSNBC’s Meet the Press, Steele asserted that Pelosi had “stepped in it big time” when she said the CIA had misled Congress in its briefings on torture techniques approved by the Bush administration.

“I think you have heard a lot of Republicans call for that,” he said. “If this is a door that the Democrats and their leaderships, they have the House and Senate and the presidency, and if they want to expose all this, then let’s put it all on the table and take a closer look at it.”

This is good news.

http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/05/17/r...sh-era-torture/

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Members

Why, I think it will be good. Lets get this out once and for all. I think both sides will be surprised at the results. Both sides are throwing out all these inuendos, I say let the chips fall where there fall and get it over with.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

I think it will be a big distraction. Is this what President Obama wants?

No, it's not what he wants, but I'm not sure he can stop it.

The radical left is Obama's base and they want any kind of investigation they can get of the Bush Administration. I would think that Obama doesn't want that. Number one, he doesn't want future administrations investigating him, I am sure. However it will also serve a distraction from his agenda. We can hardly get national health-care reform if everyone is concerned about what Nancy Peloci knew and when.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Exactly. But I have a feeling it's going to happen, regardless. Maybe if he had included single payer healthcare in the discussions, the left might feel more inclined to cooperate with him about the torture investigation. Or maybe that's a stretch.