ClubAdventist is back!

Tea Parties!

I would just like to encourage you all to join a the Tea Party in your area. There were over 1000 Tea Parties across the Nation on April 15th and hopefully will be twice that many coming up to July 4th.

When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own. {COL 69}

The Narrow Way Ministires

5464 State Road

Kingsville, OH 44048

choose_the_narrow_way@yahoo.com

Do you think it is appropriate for Seventh-day Adventists to attend this type of political gathering?

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do you think it is appropriate for Seventh-day Adventists to attend this type of political gathering?

Graeme

Anyone has a right to protest or draw attention to issues don't they? This is not political inthe typical sense of one party protesting another.

It is taxes are becoming confiscatory and bit by bit freedoms with it

I did not go to the ones on April 15th,but from all accounts they were orderly and respectful and well attended. Even the grounds were clean when they left.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

I struggle with how much an SDA should be involved with politics.

I firmly believe we need to defend the core values of the country, yet one can go overboard and be obsessed with politics. The line isn't all that clear, so each person needs to base their involvement on prayer and the 'still small voice'.

I struggle with how much an SDA should be involved with politics.

I firmly believe we need to defend the core values of the country, yet one can go overboard and be obsessed with politics. The line isn't all that clear, so each person needs to base their involvement on prayer and the 'still small voice'.

I would not go to protest but I think there are those that could be something we would take part in. I think it is rather pointless at this time.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

I do think our efforts are better spent in outreach than politics. But that is not to say there is anything wrong with us discussing politics. Some people may be called to serve in civil government but that "calling" should be viewed much like the calling of any vocation like a calling to work in construction, manufacturing, auto mechanics, etc. It should not be viewed as a religious calling like evangelism or medical ministries.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I should mention that I was genuinely asking a question and not suggesting the answer at the same time as I asked the question. Personally I struggle with the same thing that timewarp posed - how deeply should I become involved with politics?

I appreciated Bonnie's point that these are not "party political"; maybe we need to bear in mind that EGW suggested that church members should do what they could to support the anti-alcohol legislation of her day. It seems to be ok then to support events for a worthwhile cause and by Bonnie's description this does seem to fall into that category.

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I should mention that I was genuinely asking a question and not suggesting the answer at the same time as I asked the question. Personally I struggle with the same thing that timewarp posed - how deeply should I become involved with politics?

I appreciated Bonnie's point that these are not "party political"; maybe we need to bear in mind that EGW suggested that church members should do what they could to support the anti-alcohol legislation of her day. It seems to be ok then to support events for a worthwhile cause and by Bonnie's description this does seem to fall into that category.

Graeme

The ones I had information on were made up of libertarian ,democrat and republican. None seemed to be party specific.

Graeme

When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people, then He will come to claim them as His own. {COL 69}

5464 State Road

Kingsville, OH 44048

According to the news .... the White House had to go to lock down for an alert because of the Tea Party members throwing things at the White House.

But it is interesting to see so many thousands of people show up to protest what the Obama admin. is doing. Some here feel that Obama is SO popular that few would be opposed to him.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

According to the news .... the White House had to go to lock down for an alert because of the Tea Party members throwing things at the White House.

But it is interesting to see so many thousands of people show up to protest what the Obama admin. is doing. Some here feel that Obama is SO popular that few would be opposed to him.

People are uneasy without quite knowing why. They know what the administration is doing is somehow wrong and they fear where it will end.

What strikes me strange more than anything is it is the secular world that expresses the most concern.

The only portion missing is the second coming of Christ.

I see few SDA's that have a problem with Obama. The secular world is sounding the alarm.SDA's in general or at least judging from the ones I have spoken to personally or that post here seem thrilled at the idea of more and more governmental control. Feeling confident that Obama will not abuse the tremendous power he has taken for his

Yes. I suspect that soon we will see the Republican Party swelling it ranks.

I believe in Hematology.

Yes. I suspect that soon we will see the Republican Party swelling it ranks.

I believe they will as well. It remains to be seen if we will be granted more time as a result.

Yes. It does seem that people are getting tired of the Demos already. And hey ... they are certainly imploding with the likes of Nancy Pelosi and the CIA calling her statements ... "lies".

I believe in Hematology.

How could our people aspire to sit in legislative halls to help enact laws, if they did not run for office to get there? And if it is not wrong for them to run for office, then surely it isn't wrong for us to vote them into office.

Great post, Tammy!

I didn't know of that EGW quote before. I appreciate your sharing it. I know that God blessed Daniel all the way to a very high position in Babylon's gov't, but only by Daniel's commitment to obedience and honoring God in his life. Both Daniel AND Babylon were blessed during those years, not to mention the other Jewish captives.

The danger to being in (American) politics is in losing your way and compromising God's principles. We have an SDA lady representative from TX in office who is a joke. We used to have an SDA mayor in Philly who was a joke. They probably did more harm than good to their reputation. Too bad we don't seem to be training kids to aspire to great things in life AND hold firmly to God's principles at the same time.

I don't believe that report, Redwood. Perhaps he locked down the White House, so he could say that, but that is not the spirit of the Tea Party people....

And I for one am just as sick of the Republicans as the Democrats...they are both self serving... I believe everyone should change their status out of either Party to "INDEPENDENT"...and not vote by the party line.... In fact, I think there needs to be people run who will run as Independents...

It makes me sick how so many Adventists are in favor of Obama...can't understand it for the live of me. He stands for EVERYTHING that Christians, let alone Adventists, should be against.

5464 State Road

Kingsville, OH 44048

Quote:
It makes me sick how so many Adventists are in favor of Obama...can't understand it for the live of me. He stands for EVERYTHING that Christians, let alone Adventists, should be against.

I dunno. Obama has a lot of things going for him. He is a good politician. I try to be fair when it comes to Obama. I try to give him the benefit of the doubt. I have some doubts .... but I try to keep them quite. Especially round here.

I suppose that an SDA could support Obama. Perhaps they are blind or deaf? Like I say .... I try to be fair. Each person has to decide. And some may be confused.

I try to be moderate .... bring people together and try not to bash Obama. I let others do that for me.

I believe in Hematology.

I try to be moderate .... bring people together and try not to bash Obama. I let others do that for me.

Here we go again.

Where did this notion originate that anyone who publicly disagrees with Obama and his policies is 'bashing' him? Obama is not the victim.

Originally Posted By: Tammy
How could our people aspire to sit in legislative halls to help enact laws, if they did not run for office to get there? And if it is not wrong for them to run for office, then surely it isn't wrong for us to vote them into office.

Great post, Tammy!

I didn't know of that EGW quote before. I appreciate your sharing it. I know that God blessed Daniel all the way to a very high position in Babylon's gov't, but only by Daniel's commitment to obedience and honoring God in his life. Both Daniel AND Babylon were blessed during those years, not to mention the other Jewish captives.

The danger to being in (American) politics is in losing your way and compromising God's principles. We have an SDA lady representative from TX in office who is a joke. We used to have an SDA mayor in Philly who was a joke. They probably did more harm than good to their reputation. Too bad we don't seem to be training kids to aspire to great things in life AND hold firmly to God's principles at the same time.

Yes, that quote was a surprise to my husband and I when we read it, as well. Just think how much good a REAL SDA could do, if they were elected to an important office and stayed true to the faith!

5464 State Road

Kingsville, OH 44048

Originally Posted By: Redwood

Here we go again.

Where did this notion originate that anyone who publicly disagrees with Obama and his policies is 'bashing' him? Obama is not the victim.

I think that started here.

rollingsmilegrouphugexcitedannouncecool2soapboxpokenanaapplehanging:shark:bonanabdunno pals

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Did u hit your head? stars

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

stars

I believe in Hematology.

I thought the purpose of the Tea Parties was to object to increased taxes, but since income taxes have gone down, I'm not sure what the purpose is.