ClubAdventist is back!

Toothache

GreatLakesGramma

I went to my dentist today, expecting to finally be relieved of the toothache pain I've been afflicted with for weeks. Since at first the pain came only when I drank something or chewed on that side, I assumed it was sensitive teeth. So I got my sensitive teeth toothpaste out & began brushing with it. But the pain didn't get any better, and has even gotten worse in the last week. Unfortunately, the dentist couldn't do anything more than diagnose the problem today. It's a tooth fracture, meaning I will have to have a crown. My appointment is a week from Thursday for the prep and temporary crown.

They said that if there is a cancellation they will call me. The dentist is a fellow church member, so I know it won't be on a Sabbath. I would appreciate prayer that someone will cancel, and the sooner the better. I've already been getting a bit dehydrated from being so reluctant to drink water. And now, once I do something that causes pain, the pain lasts for several hours afterward.

Also, he said that he won't know for sure until he actually works on it, but there is a possibility that it could need a root canal. I cannot afford a root canal, especially after going to the emergency room in the ambulance over this past weekend. I have no idea how much that is going to cost, but I do know that if my tooth needs a root canal, I won't be able to pay off all the bills any time soon. So I'd appreciate prayers that this tooth will only need a crown.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Praying for you GLG.

But if it gets too bad ... go and see if another Dentist can help you sooner.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Will be praying GLG

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

Me, too!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Thank you everyone for your prayers.

Won, I can't take drug painkillers. They make me sick. And the last thing I put into my stomach before I started vomiting again and again and again and again, which is what prompted the middle of the night trip to the emergency room, was white willow, an herbal painkiller, which I took for the pain in my tooth. I can't bring myself to take any more of it just now.

Catherine

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Its shame that your dentist can not or would not take some time out to alliviate your pain on emergency basis. It maybe time for you to change the dentist.

Won

So sorry to hear that. Do you live anywhere near a school of dentistry? They sometimes take patients immediately on an emergency basis. Sounds like it may be abcessed, as a simple fracture doesn't usually cause that much pain on its own. Do you have any leftover antibiotics around? 2 or 3 days of antibiotics can make all the difference with a tooth ache.

Prayers for relief and guidance go up, and a gentle hug to ya.

The pain is bad, but only when I chew on that side or drink something room temperature or colder. And I am actually getting pretty good at drinking without getting any water on that tooth, by covering it with my tongue, or by using a straw. So I'm hardly having any pain at all any more, and I feel I can manage to be patient until my appointment on Thursday morning, or sooner if they have a cancellation.

Thank you all for your prayers. I would still like to get in sooner, so I can start eating more normally again. And I still need for it not to need a root canal. My husband is unhappy that I'm getting a crown. If he has a toothache, he just gets the tooth pulled.

Catherine

• Administrators

Catherine, does oil of cloves help at all?

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I haven't tried it, Gail. I bought some last week, but it says on the bottle that it has to be diluted with a carrier oil before using it for anything but aromatherapy, but it doesn't give a dilution. So I have to look it up online, and haven't remembered it at a time when I could have done it.

Catherine

• Administrators

How is the tooth today?

It's OK. Like I said, I'm getting good at not causing it to hurt. A little twinge now and then is about all. But I'll be glad when I can eat and drink normally again. Only three more days.

Catherine

Praise the Lord, I didn't need a root canal! And I now have my temporary cap. In two weeks I'll get the permanent crown. I still can't eat normally, because I still have to avoid chewing on that side, but I can drink without pain. I don't know if cold or hot would hurt, but room temperature water from our dispenser is fine now. I also have to be careful when I brush my teeth.

The dentist said it was a large internal fracture running front to back instead of side to side. I don't know if that is unusual, and I didn't ask him. When I thought of it, I wasn't able to ask, and when I was able, I asked something else first, then the focus immediately shifted to getting the impression made.

Thank you all for your prayers.

Catherine

• Administrators

Oh, good! I was thinking about you today. I'm glad that you can save the tooth and he covered it with at least a temporary crown.

:)

LOL! I could call him at home & ask him. He is a friend too. I have gone shopping and out to lunch with his wife, and we attended each other's daughters' weddings. But I don't believe in bothering professional people with questions like that outside of their workplace.

I can put a reminder in my pocket PC, but even that is no guarantee I'll remember. Once I get into his office, I won't be looking at my task list.

Catherine

If you can not chew normally with a temporary crown, then a permanent crown will do the same.

You should address your tooth problem while you have the temporary crown.

Won

Won, I am not allowed to chew on that side with the temporary crown because temporary crowns are not intended to be used for chewing. Since they are meant to be removed, they are not cemented as firmly in place. Chewing may make it come off.

Catherine

• Members

Not to get into the middle of anything GLG but wbae is a dentist. :)

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Catherine,

It all depends on how the temporary crown was made. One should be able to reasonably chew and eat with a temporary crown. Some people go months with a temporary crown.

Won

OK. Won, I guess you must have misunderstood what I meant when I said I can't eat normally because I still have to avoid chewing on that side. The cap itself is a perfect fit.

Catherine