ClubAdventist is back!

Lyn Kayter

Stan

• Administrators

Stan has not begun to describe the life of this incredible person.

Born with spina bifida, she was not expected to live beyond 12. She was 63 when she died.

She'll be buried across the street from my house, so she'll be my neighbour until that loud trumpet call that will wake up the dead. Then she will arise and be able to stand and walk for the first time ever. :)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I knew Lyn when she lived with her parents in Saskatoon, she is about my age, and always a lot of fun. The young people of the church, always included her when we did anything. The last time I saw her was when we were living in California, almost 40 years ago. The Kaytor family had come down to Loma Linda for some meetings. We had them over for dinner that Sabbath.

My prayers are with her family

Lorna

• Administrators

I remember being at a bonfire once and she was there. Someone grabbed her wheelchair and took her for a wild ride, calling out, "Lyn a-go-go!!"

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

At church she was part of the welcoming committee for a long time, and was known for her warm hands. She also served on the phone committee. One of my friends said that when her boy was a toddler he loved to stand by her wheelchair beside her.

• Moderators

I did not know Lyn and I have not seen the book, but I remember some friends from the Calgary area back in the 70's described someone like this, I assume it was Lyn. She sounds to have lead a life as full as possible...and imagine her joy when she is raised to feel the grass of the new earth between her toes.

My prayers for her family.