ClubAdventist is back!

Cheney is scared!

• Moderators

Vice President Dick Cheney decided to speak out after learning that President Barack Obama might open prosecutions of former Bush Administration officials, his daughter disclosed Thursday.

Elizabeth Cheney told Fox News’ Sean Hannity that her father decided to speak out after he learned there was a possibility of legal action.

“He certainly did not plan when he left office to be doing this,” Cheney’s daughter said. “But I think as we watched in those very first days and weeks after President Obama came into office when he released the memos that lay out for the terrorists — the techniques we used to question them. Then when he suggested in the Oval Office itself that he would be open to the prosecution of former Bush administration officials including many who weren’t political appointees potentially, you know really, I think, made my dad realize this was just fundamentally wrong. We had to speak out.”

http://rawstory.com/08/news/2009/05/22/cheney-prosecution-fear/

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

HEY LAZARUS

WELL that was an interesting article and also

an interesting video

it seems that you do not like any thing about

BUSH AND CHENEY and that you do like every thing

about OBAMA

so we close GIMO WE will have to put these people

some where are will be let them all go free????

why not just leave them there

dgrimm60

Release them in Nancy Pelosi's neighborhood

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

HEY BONNIE

NOW NOW THERE were would she keep them

dgrimm60

Put them up in her guest bedrooms

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

I don't think *anyone* is talking about letting the Gitmo prisoners go free. This is wild "fear talk" from the conservatives. Perhaps one day when these prisoners can actually be charged with a crime and tried, some of them might be freed. But not in the foreseeable future.

I think trials for the Gitmo prisoners are long over due. I am glad Obama will be using military tribunals. If the tropical island of Cuba is objectionable, for whatever reason, I am sure an arctic prison in Alaska would do just as well.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Moderators

Vice President Dick Cheney decided to speak out after learning that President Barack Obama might open prosecutions of former Bush Administration officials, his daughter disclosed Thursday.

Elizabeth Cheney told Fox News’ Sean Hannity that her father decided to speak out after he learned there was a possibility of legal action.

“He certainly did not plan when he left office to be doing this,” Cheney’s daughter said. “But I think as we watched in those very first days and weeks after President Obama came into office when he released the memos that lay out for the terrorists — the techniques we used to question them. Then when he suggested in the Oval Office itself that he would be open to the prosecution of former Bush administration officials including many who weren’t political appointees potentially, you know really, I think, made my dad realize this was just fundamentally wrong. We had to speak out.”

Thanks for bringing this up again, Laz.

I posted the same topic last week but was ridiculed because I couldn't immediately recall which network had announced it.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Moderators

it seems that you do not like any thing about

BUSH AND CHENEY

I don't have anything personal against them. I don't know them. I don't like what they have done politically. I find it hard to see ignificant positive a achievements during their administration.

"They kept us safe" it could be said. They actually didn't. 911 happened after they had been in power for 18 months. They failed the primary test of keeping the country safe. After 911 they made a catastrophic decision that cost the lives over over 4,000 Americans.

Quote:
you do like every thing

about OBAMA

Again I don't know him. Its early days. I don't think the bail out will work. I think more should be done to save the care industry. I hope he doesn't compromise too much on health care.

Quote:
so we close GIMO WE will have to put these people

some where are will be let them all go free????

In Jail. There are already other musim terrorists in US jails. When did the last high security prisoner escape? If they are innocent should they not go free?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Members

I do agree that they should all be tried, and not sure why its taking so long. But also am not sure why they can't be kept at gitmo.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

They could. It's just a political move to close down Gitmo because of the bad taste in people's mouths about it. But probably it doesn't matter much where they are kept.