ClubAdventist is back!

JESUS is still DESPISED & REJECTED in the church.

This portion deals with etnic or cultural enmity....

take it also with a meaning of the old man/person verses God

Eph 2

"14": For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

"15": Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

"16": And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

Education

The central theme of the Bible, the theme about which every other in the whole book clusters, is the redemption plan, the restoration in the human soul of the image of God. From the first intimation of hope in the sentence pronounced in Eden to that last glorious promise of the Revelation, "They shall see His face; and His name shall be in their foreheads" (Revelation 22:4), the burden of every book and every passage of the Bible is the unfolding of this wondrous theme,--man's uplifting,--the power of

God, "which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57. {Ed 125.2}

He who grasps this thought has before him an infinite field for study. He has the key that will unlock to him the whole treasure house of God's word. {Ed 126.1}

Fundamentals of Christian Education

We are in the world, but we are not to be of the world. Jesus entreats that those for whom He died, may not lose their eternal reward by lavishing their affections on the things of this perishing earth, and so cheat themselves out of unending happiness. An enlightened judgment compels us to acknowledge that heavenly things are superior to the things of earth, and yet the depraved heart of man leads him to give precedence to the things of the world. The opinions of great men, the theories of science, falsely so-called, are blended with the truths of Holy Writ. {FE 182.1}

But the heart that is surrendered to God, loves the truth of God's word; for through the truth the soul is regenerated. The carnal mind finds no pleasure in contemplating the word of God, but he who is renewed in the spirit of his mind, sees new charms in the living oracles; for divine beauty and celestial light seem to shine in every passage. That which was to the carnal mind a desolate wilderness, to the spiritual mind becomes a land of living streams. That which to the unrenewed heart appeared a barren waste, to the converted soul becomes the garden of God, covered with fragrant buds and blooming flowers. {FE 182.2}

THE GOSPEL IS AN EVIL ENMITY ELIMINATOR...

Now maybe some readers will see why I CONFRONT THE CLERGY.

I am speaking especially of the ones who preach NFDMTTS...and neglect the word...

They reveal they are despisers and rejectors of Christ ..

they disseminate religious dope and hook their sheeple on theological wine...

Those who shuffle in and out of church and do not have their ENMITY dealt with are headed to the 2nd resurrection.

Quote:

When the language is shallow and also forensic/legal..it lacks the power that the gospel is supposed to have..

look at what was in the beginning...the animal was slain and Adam and Eve were told the gospel...but part was about the enmity..remember?

Much about the enmity is ignored....

Look at why Joseph didn't have illicit relations with Potipher's wife.

Eph 4

"30": And
grieve
not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Heb 1

"9": Thou hast
loved
righteousness, and
hated iniquity
; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Verse 9 "hated" reveals the enmity.

The gospel deals with the enmity, against righteousness, of the carnal/fleshy human.

I think I see what you're saying here, and I agree. It is also an important component of the gospel that without God's love toward us and mercy toward us, we would remain in enmity against Him. It is He who has reached out to reconcile us to Him through Christ, and to fulfill the promise to Adam and Eve made in the beginning: "I will PUT enmity ..." (between them & the serpent) -- because after sin, that enmity was no longer there (for the carnal mind/nature became amenable to satanic/sin traits instead of godly ones).

Quote:

I was speaking to a programmer about a quote in last week's lesson where God has an answer for the sin emergency...

I said when he is called in he fixes a bug..

some say, well he fixes a problem with computer.

One who understand C+ language and knows that he has to look through thousands of lines of code will appreciate his fixing the problem verses some window washer or oil change mechanic..who never did any computer programming

I can relate to this as well. I don't code in C++ but I know what it is to pore over lines and lines of code, comparing code with code till your eyeballs burst, looking for the error, and for where one code calls another in to do a job trying to track down how the pieces fit together to locate the problem ... it is NOT just easy peasy ...

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

JimBob, I notice you usually don't drop in on the Bible & Theology threads -- I posted about Eph. 2 on there. Actually there are three "two made one" matters here, or three (1 fn 1 = 1) equations. They are:

• Human DNA/flesh + Divine Spirit (seed) = Christ, God incarnate
  • Carnal nature + Regenerated nature = One man, a Believer
  • OT Israel + Gentiles = One Community of Faith

and yes the last item includes the breakdown of hostile separation & enmity between ethnic groups too. "My house shall be called an house of prayer for all peoples."

Quote:

They reveal they are despisers and rejectors of Christ ..

they disseminate religious dope and hook their sheeple on theological wine...

Those who shuffle in and out of church and do not have their ENMITY dealt with are headed to the 2nd resurrection.

All right, you have well established this. Now how do you propose they "deal with" that enmity in/for others? Obviously religious dope and NFDMTTS don't cut the mustard. What do you want to see the clergy doing. If you were clergy, what would you feel compelled by Christ to do to provide that to your congregation, to deal with their carnal enmity? How do you see that getting done effectively?

First the disclaimers... icon_smile_sick.gificon_smile_sick.gif

Noah preached, Jesus preached, Paul preached..

Acts 28

"27": For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Isaiah wrote this , Jesus quoted it and so did Paul here..

------------------------

GC ch 27 (Modern Revivals) the beginning of the chapter..

Wherever the word of God has been faithfully preached, results have followed that attested its divine origin. The Spirit of God accompanied the message of His servants, and the word was with power. Sinners felt their consciences quickened. The "light which lighteth every man that cometh into the world" illumined the secret chambers of their souls, and the hidden things of darkness were made manifest. Deep conviction took hold upon their minds and hearts. They were convinced of sin and of righteousness and of judgment to come. They had a sense of the righteousness of Jehovah and felt the terror of appearing, in their guilt and uncleanness, before the Searcher of hearts. In anguish they cried out: "Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?" As the cross of Calvary, with its infinite sacrifice for the sins of men, was revealed, they saw that nothing but the merits of Christ could suffice to atone for their transgressions; this alone could reconcile man to God. With faith and humility they accepted the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sin of the world. Through the blood of Jesus they had "remission of sins that are past."

These souls brought forth fruit meet for repentance. They believed and were baptized, and rose to walk in newness of life--new creatures in Christ Jesus; not to fashion themselves according to the former lusts, but by the faith of the Son of

God to follow in His steps, to reflect His character, and to purify themselves even as He is pure. The things they once hated they now loved, and the things they once loved they hated. The proud and self-assertive became meek and lowly of heart. The vain and supercilious became serious and unobtrusive. The profane became reverent, the drunken sober, and the profligate pure. The vain fashions of the world were laid aside. Christians sought not the "outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; but . . . the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price." 1 Peter 3:3, 4.

What faithfully means...

CLEAR and RELEVANT...

Neh 8

"8": So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

This does not mean...

God loves you no matter what...keep your eyes on Jeeezzuss...He will never , ever, never , ever forsake you....Jesus loves me this I know..for the bible tells me so...THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE...

There's POWER in the blood, power in the blood..

We're only human, nobody's perfect, everbody makes mistakes.. stay balanced..moderation in all things...moderation in adultery, lying, stealing, church attendance...

• Moderators

JimBob, I think your references to 'Jeeezzuss' in this post and a number of past ones skirts very close to the borders of blasphemy. I'm not going to edit it this time, but please be careful to make your points in a way that's appropriately respectful of God's name.

Truth is important

and...

church has a goal...knowing Jesus, character transformation (restoration) and making Him known... for transformation of their character..

what this entails is that a Pastor should have an OUTREACH program for diverse people in his flock..

CLIRTS

FORT

MSNCF

We overcome by helping others to overcome..by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony.

This means that the pastor is not to only have a weekly religious therapy and entertainment service.

The church is a LIFE ENRICHMENT CENTER AND A TRAINING GROUND TO ASSAULT THE WORLD FOR JESUS... icon_salut.gificon_salut.gificon_salut.gificon_salut.gificon_salut.gif

Bravus,

I am glad you are reading ..and I appreciate your sensitivity.

Feel free to correct the spelling or delete..your call.

You will notice that I only spell it that way when I am mimmicking a sloppy message speaker..that is sliming with a loose shallow message..etc..

When I use His name in any other context you will see I spell it correctly.

there is no one I admire more than our Lord and savior...

If this still bothers you let me know.

{cont}

dealing with enmity..

Since God is the expert and we are his creation/product...his method is the key.

An innocent creation suffering and dying moves people.

ie the cross.

People need to be inspired, moved on the emotional level..

the tendency is for hearts to be selfish, hard and cold..

What jerks people out of their carnal inertia is really moving tear jerking stories...

why do you think so many go to movies...??

Sure for sex violence, thrills..but do you hear some good stuff too...the 10 hanky movies???

A Walk to remember?

Patch Adams

Simon Birch.

Here is a goodie I just told my son...

One line in BEN HUR....

Heston had just stayed at the cross while the mom, sister and girlfriend left...

when Heston got to his house he mentioned about Jesus and him saying Father forgive them....

Heston then said.."when Jesus said this the sword was taken out of my hand"

He had the sword against his old playmate Messalah and Rome..ENMITY....

His heart was softened and he had peace...and then he saw his mom and sister come down the steps healed...

A long time ago..when asked about what moved them about BEN HUR..the people during the premiere showing were reported not to say...WOW!! WHAT A GREAT CHARIOT RACE...they were moved / inspired by something else..

PS 51

"17": The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Is 57

"15": For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Quote:

... to follow in His steps, to reflect His character, and to purify themselves even as He is pure. The things they once
hated they now loved, and the things they once loved they hated
. The proud and self-assertive became meek and lowly of heart. The vain and supercilious became serious and unobtrusive. The profane became reverent, the drunken sober, and the profligate pure.

Well JimBob, all I can say is this: if the "right" preaching can do all that, bring it on. It's more than I can do for myself, but I would welcome the miracle.