ClubAdventist is back!

Please read for this forum...

Stan

Please state your denomination if you post here, that way it can be easier to respond, and less confusing to the thousands of visitors that come here, to understand who is Adventist and who is not..

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• 2 weeks later...

Stan, could you please pin this post to the top of this forum?

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please state your denomination if you post here, that way it can be easier to respond, and less confusing to the thousands of visitors that come here, to understand who is Adventist and who is not..

Hello Stan, I think this is a wise thing to do, but could you please suggest a way in which we can make this clear to everyone?

And yes, I think we are quite a "mixed multitude" here, and that could be very confusing, especially for visitors, just as you say...

: )

Regards,

Stewart.

• 3 weeks later...

I see one good reason to identify myself specifically as a Seventh Day Adventist and many good reasons to admit I am a disciple of Christ, albeit not a shining example. However for the sake of those who cannot identify a Seventh Day Adventist by what they reveal in personal deportment, I freely admit I am a Seventh Day Adventist. Praise God and His Son Jesus for His invitation.

"For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee."

Hebrews 2:10-12 KJV

Blessings! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

• 1 month later...

Don't belong to a religion but I attend and am active in a non-denominational church. 5th generation SDA, 14 years of church-school and attended Thunderbird Academy as well as LLU. Left the SDA church 2.5 years ago after I began to study the bible.

"You may not agree with everyone. But if you are an honest man, when someone says something you disagree with it’ll drive you to the Word. If you find out that you were wrong and change your thinking then you are the better for it. If you go to the Word and find out that you were right then you have been strengthened. But either way always go to the Word!!” Billye Brim

How interesting that some people begin to study the Bible after they leave our educational system. I did the same thing. I began reading non-SDA documents, and even attending non-SDA churches on Sunday for Sunday-school and often for the church service. (Usually baptist churches).

But I also attended the SDA church during that time -- I simply wanted to hear "first hand" what other groups had to say -- rather than having to be "told" what other groups thought - by fellow Christians in my own church.

It was a wonderful experience - lots of Bible notes, lots of independant study. Helped me understand more fully just how amazingly wonderful and Bible-rich the SDA position was.

I never would have fully appreaciate that if I had not looked outside.

I am now a member of the 20,000 posts club on a very well published Baptist discussion board as a result of my interest in that kind of open discussion over the years. But as you can see, I remain a devoted SDA to the 3rd and 4th generation (at least).

in Christ,

Bob

John 8:32 - The Truth will make you free

“The righteousness of Christ will not cover one cherished sin." COL 316.

Quote:
I am now a member of the 20,000 posts club on a very well published Baptist discussion board as a result of my interest in that kind of open discussion over the years.

What was their view of Ernie Knoll.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Members

Not sure Bob that if I left the adventist church that I would go to a sunday keeping church. Only my opinion.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

Actually - I never left the SDA church. What I have done is attend Sunday churches while also attending the SDA church - to get informatoin straight from them on what they think -- and also to share with them what Adventists think.

in Christ,

Bob

Actually - I never left the SDA church. What I have done is attend Sunday churches while also attending the SDA church - to get informatoin straight from them on what they think -- and also to share with them what Adventists think.

in Christ,

Bob

Hey ... this is VERY cool. Way to go.

I believe in Hematology.

Actually - I never left the SDA church. What I have done is attend Sunday churches while also attending the SDA church -to get informatoin straight from them on what they think -- and also to share with them what Adventists think.

in Christ,

Bob

Bob, a caution though from the pen of inspiration:

"I was shown the necessity of those who believe that we are having the last message of mercy, being separate from those who are daily imbibing new errors. I saw that neither young nor old should attend their meetings; for it is wrong to thus encourage them while they teach error that is a deadly poison to the soul and teach for doctrines the commandments of men. The influence of such gatherings is not good. If God has delivered us from such darkness and error, we should stand fast in the liberty wherewith He has set us free and rejoice in the truth. God is displeased with us when we go to listen to error, without being obliged to go; for unless he sends us to those meetings where error is forced home to the people by the power of the will, He will not keep us. The angels cease their watchful care over us, and we are left to the buffetings of the enemy, to be darkened and weakened by him and the power of his evil angels; and the light around us becomes contaminated with the darkness. I saw that we have no time to throw away in listening to fables. Our minds should not be thus diverted, but should be occupied with the present truth, and seeking wisdom that we may obtain a more thorough knowledge of our position, that with meekness we may be able to give a reason of our hope from the Scriptures. While false doctrines and dangerous errors are pressed upon the mind, it cannot be dwelling upon the truth which is to fit and prepare the house of Israel to stand in the day of the Lord." Early Writings, pp.124,125.

Your thoughts,

sky

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.

She is right - you need to know what you are doing before jumping into that. But She was one of the first people joining with Sunday-keeping (Sunday-promoting) Temperance leaders in "common cause" all the while admitting that this was the very group that was most instrumental in bringing in Sunday Law legislation.

Most of the SDAs I have had as fellow saints posting in the Baptist discussion domains - were booted off for not being able to post original material. Those non-SDA sites do not approve of page after page of copied material flooding their boards. They want on the spot discussion instead.

in Christ,

Bob

Well stated Bob.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Born and raised Catholic. Became SDA in high school. Went to SDA boarding HS, PUC (dropped out), left the church, joined the Navy, returned to church, then went to SMC (now SAU), then to LLUMC. Attended a Baptist church many months while also attending SDA church. Many sincere people there. But knowing what I know now, if I ever left the SDA church, I would be nothing. I wouldn't/couldn't join any other church. I wouldn't/couldn't possibly fit in. I know of no other church that teaches the closest to what I see in the Bible.

Dragged up in an irreligious English home...

Found by God and directed to the Church that hold the oracles of truth for our time.

SDA and "true" Church of God.

Mark :-)

The best wisdom is always second hand...

Originally Posted By: BobRyan
Actually - I never left the SDA church. What I have done is attend Sunday churches while also attending the SDA church -to get informatoin straight from them on what they think -- and also to share with them what Adventists think.

in Christ,

Bob

Bob, a caution though from the pen of inspiration:

"I was shown the necessity of those who believe that we are having the last message of mercy, being separate from those who are daily imbibing new errors. I saw that neither young nor old should attend their meetings; for it is wrong to thus encourage them while they teach error that is a deadly poison to the soul and teach for doctrines the commandments of men. The influence of such gatherings is not good. If God has delivered us from such darkness and error, we should stand fast in the liberty wherewith He has set us free and rejoice in the truth. God is displeased with us when we go to listen to error, without being obliged to go; for unless he sends us to those meetings where error is forced home to the people by the power of the will, He will not keep us. The angels cease their watchful care over us, and we are left to the buffetings of the enemy, to be darkened and weakened by him and the power of his evil angels; and the light around us becomes contaminated with the darkness. I saw that we have no time to throw away in listening to fables. Our minds should not be thus diverted, but should be occupied with the present truth, and seeking wisdom that we may obtain a more thorough knowledge of our position, that with meekness we may be able to give a reason of our hope from the Scriptures. While false doctrines and dangerous errors are pressed upon the mind, it cannot be dwelling upon the truth which is to fit and prepare the house of Israel to stand in the day of the Lord." Early Writings, pp.124,125.

Your thoughts,

sky

I believe in Hematology.

Hmmmm. Still a waitin'. But so far .... not response. I was looking forward to this. AH Shucks.

blowing teehe gahgrouphugannouncescarednana :lock: dunoadohhiyahiyabed

I believe in Hematology.

• 2 weeks later...

Joined the SDA church in 1976 from a Catholic background. Took theology from 1978 to 1981 from CUC; worked as a pastor for two years, then joined an independent ministry for four years and worked as a Bible intstructor travelling all over the States and Canada as well; then left that ministry; was rebaptized into the church in 1987 on Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada and in 1990 moved back to CUC where we had our membership transferred; for the next six years or so I worked different jobs (while still very much involved in searching for the 1888 message) and then since 1997 I have been working as a commentator and as a freelance writer about our history and teachings.

sky

"The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.