ClubAdventist is back!

South Carolina Governor Trumped

Must take stimulus money.... This man should be impeached for the radical american idea of paying down debt.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/06/04/south.carolina.sanford.stimulus/index.html#cnnSTCText

(CNN) -- South Carolina's Supreme Court ruled Thursday that Gov. Mark Sanford must accept $700 million in federal stimulus money, ending the only formal effort by a governor to reject funding intended to jump-start an ailing economy.

Gov. Mark Sanford became the conservative face of opposition to the federal stimulus package.

Gov. Mark Sanford became the conservative face of opposition to the federal stimulus package.

The two-term Republican said he would abide by the court ruling, but called it a bad day for South Carolina and the country.

"This decision is terrible news for every taxpayer in South Carolina, and even more so for future taxpayers who will ultimately bear the responsibility of paying for this so-called 'stimulus' without seeing any benefit from it," he said in a statement.

Considered a potential future Republican presidential candidate, Sanford led the party's resistance to the $787 billion stimulus package. He warned the increased spending will bring an insurmountable debt burden on future generations.

Sanford initially tried to require that any stimulus money pay down the state debt, a stance rejected by the Obama administration

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Members

I believe you are correct. But if it is true than I believe that they should have the right to not accept the money.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I believe you are correct. But if it is true than I believe that they should have the right to not accept the money.

Well, I tend to agree with you, but this was the state supreme court going against their governor, so it was basically an in-house disagreement and the judicial branch apparently has won.

Originally Posted By: pkrause

Well, I tend to agree with you, but this was the state supreme court going against their governor, so it was basically an in-house disagreement and the judicial branch apparently has won.

Maybe like it was an in house disagreement when several of the banks wanted to return the tarp money and Obama said no. However he would take shares of the bank in lieu of paying the money back

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman