ClubAdventist is back!

Obama Fires Watchdog

Must have stepped on some toes.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090612/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_national_service_inspector_general

Ousted AmeriCorps watchdog defends waste probe

By ANN SANNER and PETE YOST, Associated Press Writers Ann Sanner And Pete Yost, Associated Press Writers – Fri Jun 12, 7:06 pm ET

WASHINGTON – An inspector general fired by President Barack Obama said Friday he acted "with the highest integrity" in investigating AmeriCorps and other government-funded national service programs. Gerald Walpin said in an interview with The Associated Press that he reported facts and conclusions "in an honest and full way" while serving as inspector general at the Corporation for National and Community Service.

In a letter to Congress on Thursday, Obama said he had lost confidence in Walpin and was removing him from the position.

Walpin defended his work on Friday. "I know that I and my office acted with the highest integrity as an independent inspector general should act," he said.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Administrators

I think there is less mystery here than some might like to believe.

The report indicates that Walpin's investigation was sloppy and that the US attorney's office declined to prosecute as a result of it. As with police investigations, if the evidence is poorly handled, compromised, incomplete or unreliable, the Prosecutor cannot use it.

The report also indicates that Walpin had been making public statements to the media about his investigation. An inspector general should stay out of the limelight. This would add to the problems for potential prosecution and suggests questionable motives for taking it to the media.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)