ClubAdventist is back!

ABC Turns Programming Over to Obama

http://www.wral.com/golo/blogpost/5364410/

ABC TURNS PROGRAMMING OVER TO OBAMA; NEWS TO BE ANCHORED FROM INSIDE WHITE HOUSE

Tue Jun 16 2009 08:45:10 ET

On the night of June 24, the media and government become one, when ABC turns its programming over to President Obama and White House officials to push government run health care -- a move that has ignited an ethical firestorm!

Highlights on the agenda:

ABCNEWS anchor Charlie Gibson will deliver WORLD NEWS from the Blue Room of the White House.

The network plans a primetime special -- 'Prescription for America' -- originating from the East Room, exclude opposing voices on the debate.

How can there be a debate when any opposing voices are silenced and not allowed

Late Monday night, Republican National Committee Chief of Staff Ken McKay fired off a complaint to the head of ABCNEWS:

Dear Mr. Westin:

As the national debate on health care reform intensifies, I am deeply concerned and disappointed with ABC's astonishing decision to exclude opposing voices on this critical issue on June 24, 2009. Next Wednesday, ABC News will air a primetime health care reform “town hall” at the White House with President Barack Obama. In addition, according to an ABC News report, GOOD MORNING AMERICA, WORLD NEWS, NIGHTLINE and ABC’s web news “will all feature special programming on the president’s health care agenda.” This does not include the promotion, over the next 9 days, the president’s health care agenda will receive on ABC News programming.

Today, the Republican National Committee requested an opportunity to add our Party's views to those of the President's to ensure that all sides of the health care reform debate are presented. Our request was rejected. I believe that the President should have the ability to speak directly to the America people. However, I find it outrageous that ABC would prohibit our Party's opposing thoughts and ideas from this national debate, which affects millions of ABC viewers.

In the absence of opposition, I am concerned this event will become a glorified infomercial to promote the Democrat agenda. If that is the case, this primetime infomercial should be paid for out of the DNC coffers. President Obama does not hold a monopoly on health care reform ideas or on free airtime. The President has stated time and time again that he wants a bipartisan debate. Therefore, the Republican Party should be included in this primetime event, or the DNC should pay for your airtime.

Respectfully,

Ken McKay

Republican National Committee

Chief of Staff

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

I thought the claim was that health care was off the table

http://www.examiner.com/x-2913-Boston-Republican-Examiner~y2009m6d16-ABC-News-turns-programming-over-to-Obama-White-House

Boston Republican Examiner

ABC News turns programming over to Obama White House

June 16, 10:36 AM · 15 comments

The Drudge Report is leading with a story about ABC News' plan to air its June 24th evening news broadcast from the Blue Room of the White House. Charlie Gibson's news-reading stint will be followed by a primetime special on the Obama health care plan, with no opposing views presented.

What genius at ABC News came up with this idea? The program will be a town hall format featuring President Obama. In the absence of opposing views however, the prime time special will be nothing more than a cost-free infomercial for the Obama Administration. And, consider the locus. Why broadcast from the White House? Consider the impression this broadcast event will leave with many viewers. How do ABC News executives distinguish this cozy arrangement with the Obama Administration from official state-run media operations of say, Iran and North Korea?

ABC could have at least tried to maintain the facade of impartiality by simply using its own studios for the broadcast. But why bother hiding the by now obvious fact that the nation's mainstream media outlets are simply cheerleaders for the Obama Administration?

As I noted in an earlier post, a compliant and servile mainstream media has become one of the pillars of the Obama Presidency. Should the prime-time health care special go forward as planned — emanating from the Blue Room — the indelible perception created, the content of the broadcast notwithstanding, will be that one of the nation's big three networks has subjugated itself to the White House. With its broadcast, ABC News will then signal ominously that the bastardization of the mainstream media is complete.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

HEY BONNIE

WOW this is interesting a state run T.V. station

just like the other countries

I have never seen so many companies just publicly

roll over when a president speaks

dgrimm60

The amazing thing is so many think it is great. I am sure this will be cheered by more than a few. Never taking the time to consider the dangers of this president.

It will get worse. The only thing that could hope to put the skids to some of this is the election in 2010.

I am not holding my breath this man will stop.

Newsweek magazine made a reference to Obama almost being like God

June 05, 2009

Newsweek Editor Evan Thomas: Obama Is "Sort Of God"

Newsweek editor Evan Thomas said President Obama is "sort of God" in a way that's "standing above the country." Transcript below.

CHRIS MATTHEWS (HOST):Evan Thomas is editor at large for Newsweek magazine. Evan, you remember 1984. It wasn't 100 years ago. Reagan and World War II and the sense of us as the good guys in the world, how are we doing?

EVAN THOMAS: Well, we were the good guys in 1984, it felt that way. It hasn't felt that way in recent years. So Obama's had, really, a different task We're seen too often as the bad guys. And he, he has a very different job from ... Reagan was all about America, and you talked about it. Obama is - we are above that now. We're not just parochial, we're not just chauvinistic, we're not just provincial. We stand for something, I mean in a way Obama's standing above the country, above above the world, he's sort of God.

• Moderators

...because it's completely unprecedented for a TV station to broadcast live from the site of a momentous policy announcement... reyes

Truth is important

...because it's completely unprecedented for a TV station to broadcast live from the site of a momentous policy announcement... reyes

Yes it is. That alone should tell those that live in the US something.

How can we have a policy announcement with out policy being made.

Or is Obama taking the right to do that?

Do we have a new health care policy no one knows about?? Who drew up the guidelines,who passed them?? Or is he indeed like God and does not need to follow what a mere mortal president would do.

What ever happened to unbiased reporting?? Or doesn't someone like God need to worry their head about such stuff.

Why is he afraid of opposing viewpoints and letting them be heard ? I wouldn't think a God had to fear being opposed

If you continue to roll your eyes you could end up crosseyed.

Keep repeating this and realize there is good reason for that in the US. Obama is above that I am sure

unprecedented for a TV station to broadcast live from the site of a momentous policy announcement...

Bonnie, this is by far not the first time this have happened. The FOX has been "White house" official channel under Bush, and ABC has been the official "Liberal" network for a while.

Bush went to MANY meeting where the audience were pre-screened, and the questions had to be pre-approved.

This is not something that just started yesterday. It existed in Bush, Clinton, and even Reagan eras. Presidential cabinets do not like difficult questions and opposition.

What's humorous for me is that people actually believed that Obama would be more transparent than Bush was. He was recently asked for a list of all of the White House visitors, and denied the list in spite of the Federal judge ruling that these lists are public knowledge.

So, it's nothing new really. Government in US is above the law.

Bonnie, this is by far not the first time this have happened. The FOX has been "White house" official channel under Bush, and ABC has been the official "Liberal" network for a while.

Bush went to MANY meeting where the audience were pre-screened, and the questions had to be pre-approved.

This is not something that just started yesterday. It existed in Bush, Clinton, and even Reagan eras. Presidential cabinets do not like difficult questions and opposition.

What's humorous for me is that people actually believed that Obama would be more transparent than Bush was. He was recently asked for a list of all of the White House visitors, and denied the list in spite of the Federal judge ruling that these lists are public knowledge.

Can you show me which president has had the entire programming at the white house?

Which president promoted a debate and said no dissenting debate. That is not a debate.

I would like to have you tell me if you can. Who and when as I would like to read it This ......The FOX has been "White house" official channel under Bush, and ABC has been the official "Liberal" network for a while.

is not quite accurate.

Fox news channel was not the official channel of George Bush. They are not liberal but they had a great deal to say "against" Bush. Every radio or and TV host has very publically gone after Bush on policies and fiscal responsibility. You must have missed that.

As I missed the same scenerio that is about to take place when Bush did same

Bonnie,

Don't take everything I write as spikes, sticks and stones. I think it would be naive to think that this is something unprecedented, when media today are not practicing journalism, but peddling entertainment and official policies. I do work for the media, and I do know that.

The news feeds are no longer being scrutinized. The way the things are working are:

Things happen, reporters videotape/describe these "unbiasedly", while they understand that any pip outside of the owner's agenda will get them fired (and I've seen that happen on occasion). Then these stories are collected and re-edited by the major news agencies..., and then fed to your local stations to be read/shown VERBATIM. There's hardly any true analysis anymore, where both sides are clearly shown.

The reason is:

1) Just like NBA finals, presidential coverage is a fight for ratings and viewers. The more viewers, the better ratings. The more difficult questions and something that white house does not like, the better chance you won't get the coverage rights :). It's now a tabloid business, and not news coverage. Given the opportunity, the FOX would scrape up a couple liberal anchors to do exactly the same thing NBC will do.

2) News organizations are owned by major corporations who are far from being "unbiased". The agenda will always come from top down, through corporate notes... and people do obey because they are not trained to work in any other capacity other than media people.

I'm not saying that there are exceptions, yet the rule of thumb, there are very few true journalists anymore. I find Jon Stewart doing the job that ABCNBCFOX should be doing while leaving out the sarcasm.

In your reply to me you failed to answer the questions,only piling on more of your opinion of what is being done.

Please can you show me where any politican has used the white house,have an entire news station turn over everything to a president and agree to a "debate' with no dissenting votes.

Your assurances that this isn't new doesn't mean much

Quote:
In your reply to me you failed to answer the questions,only piling on more of your opinion of what is being done.

Please can you show me where any politican has used the white house,have an entire news station turn over everything to a president and agree to a "debate' with no dissenting votes.

Your assurances that this isn't new doesn't mean much

Bonnie, first of all, you've failed to show me that this is what examply that is happening. You are reading the letter for RNC chairman, who is DOING THE SAME THING by opening up a TV station that will broadcast republican view of this event.

You are saying the "Entire programming", like White House will be in control of the programming...

Did the FOX turned over programming to the military during the coverage of the Iraq war? Be reasonable :)

Did ABC make a comment that it will exclude any debate? NO! RNC chairman is making that comment, and doing the same thing :).

Secondly, It becomes very painful to discuss this issue, when you take everything so dear and personal. Lighten up!

Quote:

Bonnie, first of all, you've failed to show me that this is what examply that is happening. You are reading the letter for RNC chairman, who is DOING THE SAME THING by opening up a TV station that will broadcast republican view of this event.

No the letter from the RNC is not doing the same thing. Prior to reading that letter it was on mainstream news. Exactly as the RNC said. I believe that there are those that will comment on this following the "debate"

I don't have to show you anything if you take the time to be aware of what is going on around you. This is no secret and the only one trying to deny it is you

Quote:
You are saying the "Entire programming", like White House will be in control of the programming... {/quote]

No it is not what I said. It is what was on the news

Did the FOX turned over programming to the military during the coverage of the Iraq war? Be reasonable :)

No,and very few would venture to compare that. It featured those strongly for and those strongly against. And you might check,never from the White House where no dissent was allowed

Quote:
Did ABC make a comment that it will exclude any debate? NO! RNC chairman is making that comment, and doing the same thing :).

Check again,ABC has said same

Quote:
Secondly, It becomes very painful to discuss this issue, when you take everything so dear and personal. Lighten up!

My freedoms and that of all americans is very dear to me. What becomes painful is to watch how some can stretch credibility like silly putty.

No,sorry. I don't lighten up when I see stuff as you wrote.

The day will come when when we do loose our freedoms. Nothing we can say or do will stop it,but I don't believe we are to fawn over and champion those that will do so

Bonnie,

You've already lost many freedoms over your life time, and you are still alive and kicking. Our kingdom is not of this world. "Freedom" is highly subjective for anyone you ask the meaning of.

People are wage slaves today... that labor to pay interest to multinational bankers. Our sense of freedom is derived from our sense of prosperity. Once the prosperity begins to wind down, so our sense of "freedom". The other stuff will become painfully obvious. Things like the erosion of property rights that virtually degenerated over past 20 years to the point that you have to keep paying for what you own to keep it. Our rights for free commerce are likewise degenerating into oblivion... BUT

Democrats and liberals are not solely to blame for this, and I hope you can agree. Both parties done fair share to contribute.

My point about "relaxing" is that you of all people should know that no matter what you do ... we'll end up with totalitarian state in US. So why not concentrate your efforts on people instead of governmental policies? People will eventually transcend the countries and rulers.

Some may be running around defending their way of life, and loosing track on more important issues to come.

Quote:
Bonnie,

You've already lost many freedoms over your life time, and you are still alive and kicking. Our kingdom is not of this world. "Freedom" is highly subjective for anyone you ask the meaning of.

Yes, freedoms are eroding. Many people are alive and kicking in very repressive countries.

Most that I know have a pretty good grasp on the word freedom and what it means.

Quote:
People are wage slaves today... that labor to pay interest to multinational bankers. Our sense of freedom is derived from our sense of prosperity. Once the prosperity begins to wind down, so our sense of "freedom". The other stuff will become painfully obvious. Things like the erosion of property rights that virtually degenerated over past 20 years to the point that you have to keep paying for what you own to keep it. Our rights for free commerce are likewise degenerating into oblivion... BUT

Excuse me,speak for yourself please.

We have paid very little in interest to multinational bankers.

Maybe your sense of freedom comes from prosperity but again speak for yourself please.

During my life I have been totally without that which most people consider essential to a good life.

I never felt a loss of freedom because I was without money.

The important things were still free for me.

Property tax if kept within reasonable limits and used wisely is not something I object to.

Quote:
Democrats and liberals are not solely to blame for this, and I hope you can agree. Both parties done fair share to contribute.

I have never said any different,maybe you just weren't paying attention. The republicans are unimportant at the moment.

Obama and friends are the ones taking us down this path.

Quote:
My point about "relaxing" is that you of all people should know that no matter what you do ... we'll end up with totalitarian state in US. So why not concentrate your efforts on people instead of governmental policies? People will eventually transcend the countries and rulers.

I am pretty sure I have already said that. This does not mean this fawning,groveling agreement and approval of those taking us down this road.

Quote:
Some may be running around defending their way of life, and loosing track on more important issues to come.

A way of life?? It is far deeper than that. What I have in this life I could walk away from tomorrow.

That does not mean to aid and abetand agree with those that one to take the way of life away as we all know where that leads

• Administrators

And that is relevant, how?

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Well if they are going to take commercial breaks the case to give the White House so much free air time could be made to be a business decision rather than an ideological one. If they are just going to turn the network over to the White House with no financial gain, that does raise eyebrows.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Well if they are going to take commercial breaks the case to give the White House so much free air time could be made to be a business decision rather than an ideological one. If they are just going to turn the network over to the White House with no financial gain, that does raise eyebrows.

Heard again today on regular news broadcast there will be no ads/commercials