ClubAdventist is back!

Her Ninteeth Foot. . . Installation art by Yutaka Sone

D. Allan

• Members

Interesting that its called Her 19th Foot! Seems it should be called 19..... , I guess I can't say it here. :) hahahahaha

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Yes!

It is an odd title (Odd number, too).

I wonder if the art-loving museum-goers are invited to hop on and go for a spin ?

Reminds me of the carousels I used to see at the county fairs with horses, and other animals the kids rode around and around.

Seriously though, does it seem that life is just forever going around in circles? Over and over and over? One minute, one hour, one day, one year after another?

dAb

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

• Members

I think if you count the bicycle seats, you'll count 19 of them. Unless I counted incorrectly. :)

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

That's why I was wondering why they or she called it 19 feet when there are 19 seats. :) haha

pk

phkrause

The artist is a "he." One of his art projects was makine a video of 100 birthday parties for himself!!

From an interview with the artist.

Quote:
Sone: The people in Münster also asked, "Doing birthday parties continuously? Yes, that's wonderful. But is it art?" It's interesting. I think art talks about beautiful scenery that one never saw before. We don't know whether a "beautiful scenery we never saw before" is beautifulor not because we have never seen it, but that is the condition for art.For example, going to an exhibition expecting what to see and coming back recognizing the fact that one has seen it, is not the ideal for a show or for art. I don't consider that kind of communication as art. You must continue to operate your antenna and match it to the wavelength of the art in the exhibition site. When it matches perfectly, you feel something. That is an event which can be called art.

-- Do you mean that art is found closer to daily life?

Sone: Everyone is living. Junkies and the homeless too. They are more interesting than having a work on the white wall of a museum, and they have more potential. Creating a big fiction in a place distant from them has been stereotyped. Art which is "doing something rare" or "doing something nobody did before" is not the art that I have in mind. It isn't that. I value things that are close but distant, a moment which becomes distant because it's close, and I think it's very thrilling. I call that art, and that's what I do.

-from http://www.dnp.co.jp/museum/nmp/nmp_i/articles/sone.html

Art can be Fun!!

dav

dAb

• Members

Sorry, I assumed he was a she per the first word in the title of the thread, without any other thought.

pk

phkrause

• Administrators

What happens if you get going fast enough on the bikes? Do you think it would take off?

And you wondered about UFOs all those years...

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

UFOs!!! Ha, ha.

All that is needed it to add a tapered, tilted extension from the frame of each bike to a hub in the center, like a giant fan. If the tilt was also adjustable, the crew could control the direction of rotation, and reduce altitude... quickly. :) Adjustable running lights, too, could be added. I think you have solved the UFO mystery!

dab

dAb