ClubAdventist is back!

Common Sense

carolaa

A federal judge has ordered the release of another prisoner held at Guantanamo Bay, thirty-year-old Syrian national Abdul Rahim Abdul Razak al-Janko. In the year 2000, al-Janko was tortured by al-Qaeda, who accused him of being a Western spy, and he was imprisoned by the Taliban for eighteen months. He was then captured by the United States in 2002 and spent the next seven years in Guantanamo. On Monday, District Court Judge Richard Leon rejected the government’s position that al-Janko had once been a part of al-Qaeda, saying it “defies common sense.”

Read more - http://www.democracynow.org/2009/6/23/judge_orders_release_of_guantanamo_prisoner

• Members

You know its hard to figure with these guys, who they were fighting for. Hopefully they have the right info, so that there not releasing someone they'll catch again somewhere else one day. Which we've done before.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

At first I thought this thread was about Glenn Beck's new book.

After being tortured by al-Qaeda and inprisoned by the Taliban, Guantanamo must have been a cakewalk for this guy.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Members

That's my thoughts exactly. We obviously caught him doing something!

pk

phkrause

That's not necessarily true. We swept up a bunch of people who were totally innocent. And this guy was most likely innocent; otherwise why would alquaida be torturing him?

After being tortured by al-Qaeda and inprisoned by the Taliban, Guantanamo must have been a cakewalk for this guy.

Perhaps, but is that an excuse for keeping him when we had no evidence against him? He was trying to tell his story, and we treated him not much differently than the Taliban and alQuaida did. Go figure.

I guess if you've been imprisoned by the Taliban and tortured by alQuaida, then you must have been in cahoots with them. Yeah, that makes sense.....

I don't know if he got a resort in the Caribbean tropics with cheese burgers and french fries in those Taliban and al-Qaeda prisons. I wonder if he had TV there and religious services. Does anyone think he had A/C?

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I guess if you've been imprisoned by the Taliban and tortured by alQuaida, then you must have been in cahoots with them. Yeah, that makes sense.....

That's pretty much why I dismissed the "9/11 was an inside job" theories.

Being in cahoots with those that are intent on your death/harm just isn't rational.

Rolling on...

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

• Members

I don't disagree with what you are saying. But he was picked up with others fighting against us. May be he did nothing individually against us but with others he obviously did. Don't forget what happen when we first went into Iraq, we kept rounding up guys and letting them go home, only to be fighting them in another place, until we got smart and starting putting them in make shift prison's out in the desert. The only thing some of these guys, know is fighting. I know its not a good reason to keep them in jail. We need to do something with them though.

pk

phkrause

Lots of actions in life defy common sense and rationality.

Most conspiracy theories fall into this category, as well.

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan