ClubAdventist is back!

Star Parker-Uncle Sam's Plantation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Parker

Star Parker (born 1956) is an American author. Parker is also an advocate and spokesperson for mainstream American conservative causes. She holds an undergraduate degree in marketing.

Parker is an African American woman who spent her teen and early adult years as an unemployed mother on welfare. She was arrested in her teens for shoplifting and has disclosed the fact that she has had four abortions.[1]

Parker became a Christian and subsequently became a spokesperson for related political issues. She opposes the welfare system, claiming that welfare is similar to an invitation to a government plantation, which creates a situation where those who accept the invitation switch mindsets from "How do I take care of myself?" to "What do I have to do to stay on the plantation?" She claims that stable families and strong moral values are the key to ending poverty. She believes that abortion is wrong and has hurt black families. In 2007, Parker was a guest at the conservative Value Voters Summit.

Parker is the founder and president of the Coalition on Urban Renewal and Education. She is also a syndicated columnist for Scripps Howard News Service and the author of three books: White Ghetto : How Middle Class America Reflects Inner City Decay (2006), Uncle Sam's Plantation: How Big Government Enslaves America's Poor and What We Can Do About It (2003) and Pimps, Whores and Welfare Brats: From Welfare Cheat to Conservative Messenger (1998).

Parker appeared as co-host on the ABC daytime talk show The View on June 19, 2007.

Parker is currently a speaker for the Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute's college campus lecture program.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Members

She's a very interesting person. I've seen her a few times on the View.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Are you thinking of Star Jones?

lol

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Star Jones was a regular cohost on The View. Star Parker appeared once, apparently. Pkrause said he saw Star Parker several times on The View, but I don't think that is possible, so I'm wondering if he is confusing her with Star Jones.

• Moderators

OK, why are you laughing?

Don't know much about this Parker lady but my guess is that she is nothing like Star Jones. They are probably polar opposites. It was just funny to me.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Members

Your right I was thinking of the wrong Star, lol at myself. Thanks both of you for bringing me back to reality. lol :)

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Why haven't more people heard of Star Parker? She has three books published and is an active voice in the conservative community.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity