ClubAdventist is back!

NKorea Vows Nuke Attack If Provoked By US

John317

• Moderators

By KWANG-TAE KIM, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 21 mins ago

SEOUL, South Korea — Punching their fists into the air and shouting "Let's crush them!" some 100,000 North Koreans packed Pyongyang's main square Thursday for an anti-U.S. rally as the communist regime promised a "fire shower of nuclear retaliation" for any American-led attack.

Several demonstrators held up a placard depicting a pair of hands smashing a missile with "U.S." written on it, according to footage taken by APTN in Pyongyang on the anniversary of the day North Korean troops charged southward, sparking the three-year Korean War in 1950.

North Korean troops will respond to any sanctions or U.S. provocations with "an annihilating blow," one senior official vowed — a pointed threat as an American destroyer shadowed a North Korean freighter sailing off China's coast, possibly with banned goods on board.

A new U.N. Security Council resolution passed recently to punish North Korea for conducting an underground nuclear test in May requires U.N. member states to request inspections of ships suspected of carrying arms or nuclear weapons-related material.

In response to the sanctions, the North pulled out of nuclear talks and has ramped up already strident anti-American rhetoric. And the isolated regime may now be moving to openly flout the resolution by dispatching a ship suspected of carrying arms to Myanmar.

While it was not clear what was on board the North Korean-flagged Kang Nam 1, officials have mentioned artillery and other conventional weaponry. One intelligence expert suspected missiles.

The U.S. and its allies have made no decision on whether to request inspection of the ship, Pentagon press secretary Geoff Morrell said Wednesday in Washington, but North Korea has said it would consider any interception an act of war.

If permission for inspection is refused, the ship must dock at a port of its choosing so local authorities can check its cargo. Vessels suspected of carrying banned goods must not be offered bunkering services at port, such as fuel, the resolution says.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Since the next No. Korea test is aimed at Hawaii, I fear Pearl Harbor II may be in the future if the US doesn't take this madman seriously.

Granted, the would-be "god" wants to ensure his payoff every year, but North Korea is losing that leverage with each passing year. I don't think he understands that a mistake with a nuke while sabre-rattling can't be simply swept under the rug with an "Oops! My bad!".

Lord, let Bravus get home safe from Hawaii...

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

• Moderators

Amen to that from me and my family. And let Hawaii be saved too. I really, really hope Kim Jong Il can be overthrown or pass away before he visits that on the world. I do take some comfort in the fact that many of the N.Korean missile tests have failed in terms of control... But it's definitely a scary time, and I have former students and close friends in South Korea too.

Truth is important

• Moderators

Bravus, where are you in Hawaii? What Island? I was over there about a year ago at this time, on the Big Island. Wonderful place! Have great fun.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

• Moderators

I'm on Oahu - the conference is in Waikiki. Had a great time riding around. I would definitely love to bring the family back here for a holiday - missed them this week and they missed out. Definitely a beautiful place, and in fact I've also started checking the University of Hawaii job listings... bwink

Truth is important

Job listings! :) It must be beautiful. Wish I could ride around with you, but my wife will not allow me on a motorcycle and since I'm about 68 I don't push it. bwink

dab

dAb

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!