ClubAdventist is back!

Workout Advice

GreatLakesGramma

Always, ALWAYS wear your workout shoes when strength training, even if you are only doing upper body work, because if you don't, dropping a dumbbell on your little toe can be very painful.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

• Moderators

Unless the workout shoes are steel capped, I think dropping the dumbbells would still be very painful!!

Well, it was only a 3 pound dumbbell, so I think my workout shoes would have spared me most of the pain. I was fitting it in between other tasks, so didn't want to spend the time to swap my sandals for shoes & socks. And I have never, ever dropped a dumbbell during a workout before either. I will never do it without my shoes again.

Catherine

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

OUCH!!! I hope it isn't broken, and feels better soon.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

It only hurts now when I walk, unless I walk very carefully. About half the toe is purple now.

Catherine

• Members

Ouch that rots. I've had that happen even with my shoes (sneakers) on. But I would never workout without them on anyway.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• Administrators

ouch!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Also never take a slap shot without padding on... My daughter just showed me her thigh bruise from stopping a shot yesterday. Puck sized pink, purple and white bruise. I bet it will turn many more colours before the week is out.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Unbelievably, in spite of how bad it looks, there is no pain today. I went for a 3 mile walk early this morning, with no pain nor even any discomfort.

Catherine

This makes me a wimp?

Bruisedtoes.jpg

The little toe is purple all along both sides.

Catherine

It was the WAY it hit that was the problem, not just the weight of the dumbbell.

Catherine

I had a relatively bad motorcycle accident when I was younger. Part of the damage involved my upper right arm. I had this entire part coloured most of the sunset colours (and more) As my humerus was snapped about halfway between shoulder and what was left of my elbow, I was able to wiggle this broken end about and not only have a glorious colour display but with 3D action! At least I thought it was glorious but the young ladies watching did not share my opinion.

So being a young man at the time I repeated the manoeuvre. Often.

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This makes me a wimp?

Bruisedtoes.jpg

The little toe is purple all along both sides.

[Looking this way and that, and looking upwards as he says.as convincingly as possible...]

uh,...yeah!

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Members

I don't think Robert was being serious! Or am I wrong rob.

pk

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60