ClubAdventist is back!

Portugal's approach to drug war

fccool

• Administrators

So this means that the once illicit drugs are now treated the same as alcohol, eh? This classifies the problem as a medical one instead of a criminal one.

Interesting!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

So this means that the once illicit drugs are now treated the same as alcohol, eh? This classifies the problem as a medical one instead of a criminal one.

Interesting!

That's an interesting point, because alcohol can be more dangerous than cocaine and heroine...

I think decriminalization is worthy of consideration, and I was offended by Obama's flippant scoffing at the idea.

It would also reduce overcrowding of jails and prisons, and saving cash-strapped states and counties some money.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Marijuana is illegal except for a very few here in the US, yet a doc can prescribe demerol (which was the drug given to Michael Jackson before he died). Docs have more dangerous drugs than drug dealers do.

HEY ALL

IT might stop over crowding in the jails and prisons

but it make over crowd the doctor's offices and the

hospitals.....

dgrimm60

But if it's really a medical problem, isn't that where they should be, rather than in jail?

HEY ALL

THERE are 12 states that sell medical marijuana

I still think that is not the best thing

dgrimm60

It will be interesting to see how marijuana use compares among states where it is legal and those where it is not.