ClubAdventist is back!

Back surgery

Dottie

My husband had back surgery yesterday. He had laser surgery last year, but it didn't do much good, as all they did was cut some of the nerves that caused the pain.

His vertebrae were so worn that he has developed scoliosis and it was causing constant pain. The tech who did his MRI said that he didn't think my husband would be walking around with his back in that shape.

Anyway, he had some of his vertebrae fused yesterday and rods inserted. He was in a lot of pain today when I visited.

I'm asking for prayer for relief of the pain. I don't know how long he will be home from work, and when or if he will be getting rehab.

Thanks, all.

Dottie

• Members

Will add you and your husband to our pray list. Sorry to hear the pain your husband has been going through. Has he ever tried a Chiroprator?

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Praying for you and your husband ...

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I understand that pain from back surgery lasts a long time, but eventually it does go away, if all goes as it should. They should be giving him enough pain killers to at least reduce the pain to a tolerable level.

I would not let a chiropractor touch it until it is fully healed, and probably not even then, if he has fused vertebrae and rods.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

• Members

Well all I know is that I go to this Chiropractor who was telling me about a person with back problems, with a really bad back, he had 2 back operations against the advice of the chiropractor. He still had problems so he let the chiropractor help him and within a few mouths he had no more back problems. I couldn't find it, but Mickey Mantle credited a chiropractor for extending his career, read that a number years ago, not sure where.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

If you insist on going to a chiropractor try to use one who uses the NUCCA method (look it up). It is a more gentle approach. My wife and I went to a Chirocracker for over a year. It did nothing for either of us except to be pressured to continue when our contract was over. She is going to a NUCCA practitioner, now, and feels that she is being helped.

Not all chiropractors are competent. Mine is. I would go to him for anything, even if I did have fused vertebrae and rods in my back. But not to just any chiropractor.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

• Members

Gladussee, I've been going to a chiropractor for more years than I can remember. :) Never really needed one, just went for the heck of it when I was younger. The guy charged me a dollar a visit. Now I go because my wife needed one. At first he charged around $35 per visit, but than he went to a family plan, so to make it worth it we all started going. Both my wife and daughter have been really helped a great deal. For me he just adjusts me and every once in awhile I really need it and it really helps. But I will ask him about the NUCCA, and see what he says. He has helped many, including babies, at least 6 months old, people that have had back surgery, etc.

pk

phkrause

• Members

Yeah you have all kinds.

pk

phkrause

Thank you all for your prayers. It's good to know that others care. He is doing better, and getting about the house as needed.

About the chiropractor--hubby has gone to one for several years, and liked what she did. It was stretching his back to ease the pressure from the discs. But the bone had deteriorated to the point where he was in a lot of pain every day, some days not even getting to work. She came to visit him in the hospital, which I thought was very ice, as she realizes that she won't be seeing him now, because of the work that was done.

The surgery was last Wednesday, and he came home on Monday. He thought that the Dr. had done a great job, and that he wouldn't need a walker. That was until they took him off the morphine!! But he's still on percocet, and using a walker. The incision is about 10 inches long, and all stitched up very neatly with thick black thread(?).

Thanks again.

Dottie

• Members

Thanks for the update, and hope all will be going well.

pk

phkrause