ClubAdventist is back!

Palin Running for President?

I wouldn't know. I'm 'pond scum' and don't have the ability to intellectually know the difference.

Anyone that does not agree with a liberal cannot possibly be viewed as their intellectual equal.

They are far superior to the scum sucking pigs that annoy them so.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Dr. Shane

• lazarus

• Woody

Top Posters In This Topic

What issues was he so knowledgeable about?

For most of the issues he railed against Bush for,he nnow seems to think most were a good idea. He likes to promote them as his ideas. Kind of convoluted

But at least he knew about them.

I do have to admit he's made some disappointing decisions, but that's another thread.

Originally Posted By: bonnie
What issues was he so knowledgeable about?

For most of the issues he railed against Bush for,he nnow seems to think most were a good idea. He likes to promote them as his ideas. Kind of convoluted

But at least he knew about them.

I do have to admit he's made some disappointing decisions, but that's another thread.

Repeating what someone else knows isn't quite the same as having the knowledge to lead.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quote:
Actually pig farming is a big business and run very cleanly..except in some areas were there is the smell!!

Actually, one of my neighbors runs one of the cleaner ones, it's called a "hog confinement." It's designed to limit the exposure of the hogs to the outside. All the, uh, waste is collected in a tank.

Fortunately, he lives to the north of me, so the prevailing winds blow any aromas away.

Funny thing, though. Despite all the efforts to keep the waste confined, sooner or later it gets out. We can tell when he has to clean the tank. The stink is all the worse, for its having been confined.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Politics is all about opinion. Politicians try to shape public opinion to support the causes they support and not support what they do not. Blogs play a big role in politics today as millions of Americans read them regularly.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:
several blogs

Sorry, those are still opinions!

Blogs..the source for your children's education? The source for a college education, a doctors, lawyers, etc, etc?

If a populace is to make 'educated' decisions about how their country is run, perhaps blogging would not be the way!!!

As is almost everything concerning politics. But of course nothing was said as to that being the source of my children's education,or the education of anyone else.

Gives a very good look into the mindset of those posting

Quote:

My, my..just can't separate the bacon from the scum! Actually pig farming is a big business and run very cleanly..except in some areas were there is the smell!!

There is the smell in all area's where pig farmers reside. As "there buster" said it cannot be contained forever. Depends which way the wind is blowing.

Looks neat and tidy from the outside,it is when what goes on in the inside is exposed that separates the "scum" from the "bacon".

There you will find the "scum sucking pigs"

No matter how you dress up a pig,or what kind of a "house" they live in,a pig remains a pig

I prefer pigs with lipstick.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

I like the pit bull with the lipstick

thumbsup

I like that better also.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

Politics is all about opinion. Politicians try to shape public opinion to support the causes they support and not support what they do not.

I'd like to differ. Politics is about the pursuit, the use, and the retention of power. The GOP is good at politics. It has had held power, nationally, for majority of the time in the last 25 years. Many conservatives have doubts as to whether Palin can stand the heat that comes with politics.

Here's George WIll..

2008: The tech bubble was followed by the housing bubble, which has been topped by the Palin bubble. Bubbles will always be with us, because irrational exuberance always will be. Its symptom is the assumption that old limits have yielded to undreamt-of possibilities: The Dow will always rise, as will housing prices, and rapture about a running mate can be decisive in a presidential election.

2009: Conservative columnist George Will said on ABC's This Week yesterday that the reason for Palin's resignation "that rings most hollow is she doesn't want to put Alaska through the terror of being a lame-duck governor. If she is just weary of it, one can understand that. Still, she made a contract with [voters] to serve out her term, and she said, in her own words, she now is a quitter."

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Administrators

Bottom line from what I could understand of her rambling "reasons" for quitting was that she was doing it for Alaska - Alaska is better off without her as governor.

If I am reading things right she is not planning to run again because that is also the opinion of the majority of the voters in Alaska. Good enough reason not to run again since she wouldn't likely win a reelection bid in her own state.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

I've heard plenty of ridicule about Joe Biden.

You're right, Sarah Palin should be out of our sights, but she keeps inserting herself into our sights. What's scary is how people take her seriously.

Maybe she's quitting because of all the ethics charges against her.

Sorry to disagree here, but it's the good ol' mainstream media, and "gentlemen" like David Letterman, who can't seem to keep from mentioning her name every five minutes.

Most failed VP candidates are forgotten within a few months of losing the election; the bought-and-paid for "journalists" keep bringing her name up, and every little polical hack with a grievance is filing an ethics charge to keep the flames going.

And people say SHE is inserting her name into the limelight?

I would normally call for a reality check at this point...but I will offer this instead:

How would any of her detractors hold up if THEY were subject to this level of treatment?

She is treated thusly...for just being an intelligent, successful, Christian woman who is also conservative? Basically, for not conforming to what the world demands a woman should be - a victim of some persuasion.

Truthfully, the world needs more women just like her...

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

thumbsup

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

I get it now. Palin is going to set up a 3rd party. Now that would be fantastic.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

I get it now. Palin is going to set up a 3rd party. Now that would be fantastic.

There were a lot of "seemingly" bright people that laughed at Jessie Ventura. They didn't laugh and ridicule quite so loudly the day after the election.

Many people thought he could have gone on from there. He was a big man with a bigger ego and that got in his way.

It may very well take a third party by the time 2012 comes around.

Originally Posted By: Redwood

I like the pit bull with the lipstick

My wife collect pigs. We must have close to 50 different pig things. And some of them have lipstick. Now ... I don't know if this is allowed for an SDA pastor . But then, Ellen White isn't alive to ask.

I believe in Hematology.

Originally Posted By: lazarus

There were a lot of "seemingly" bright people that laughed at Jessie Ventura. They didn't laugh and ridicule quite so loudly the day after the election.

Many people thought he could have gone on from there. He was a big man with a bigger ego and that got in his way.

To Sarah .... I have just two words.

Go Girl

We are behind you ...

I believe in Hematology.

To Sarah .... I have just two words.

Go Girl

We are behind you ...

The big appeal of Jessie was the fact he wasn't the typical polished politician. Lacked the education of those running against him.

One of his most memorable statements that won him many more advocates was to a unwed college student. Asking him what he/state of MN was planning to do to help girls like her find affordable day care and help to go to college.

Jessie told her the one with the answer was the one she chose to get pregnant by. Neither the state of MN or he,Jessie had gotten her pregnant

Wow. That was great. He sure was not afraid to voice an unpopular or non-PC answer. Sounds like someone I know of.

I believe in Hematology.

Before Palin was chosen to run with McCain she was very popular in Alaska. Most of the Democrats worked with her as she had taken on the corrupt Republican establishment there. She was a very effective governor able to work with both parties.

The national spot light changed that. The national Democratic Party instructed the Alaskan Democratic Party to fight everything she wanted to do. He effectiveness was completely diminished. Frivolous ethics charges started getting thrown at her because she was now a target. Palin knew that she would not be able to accomplish any thing if she remained governor. Becoming a national figure made her too many enemies at home for her to be effective. If she had finished out her term all she would have been doing is fighting off frivolous ethics charges.

What has happened is that the national Democratic Party got this woman in their sights and may have assassinated her political career. There are probably other doors she can walk through if she wants. National politics is nasty and Palin has learned how nasty it can be. It will be interesting to see where she goes from here.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:
It will be interesting to see where she goes from here.

Yes it will be. The Demos are quaking in their boots. She really frightens them.

I keep in touch with Sarah on Facebook. I will keep you all informed when I learn something. Ha Ha.

I believe in Hematology.

• Moderators

jesse-ventura1.jpg

There were a lot of "seemingly" bright people that laughed at Jessie Ventura.

Einstein

jesse-ventura1.jpg

I live in MN so have seen or heard most anything concerning Jessie Ventura. What would you like me to do or say about the photo? Do you think that maybe you are sharing something that know one has seen?

Doesn't distract from what I said. No one thought he could win. The states brightest political gods laughed right up till he was announced winner.

He had many traits that he could have used to go much further according to those that had previously laughed.

His ego got in his way and he kept stumbling over it.

What else would you like me to say about the silly picture? He won when no one thought he could. His campaign costs peanuts compared to the "chosen ones" running. He had a healthy dose of just plain common sense,which most seem to lack.Just couldn't get around his own ego.

And no I didn't vote for him.

Yes,he was a wrestler and a former navy seal

jesse-ventura1.jpg

OTOH he doesn't look any freakier than Michael Jackson,being revered in death.