ClubAdventist is back!

Palin Running for President?

On the contrary! Comparing her to Daniel is stretching it.

Not at all. Daniel's enemies tried to find error in him and could not. Sarah Palin has been vindicated of all the ethics violations listed here. Over and over again she is vindicated. I am not drinking the kool-aid here. I am not blinded by ideology. Those that insist that Sarah Palin brought this on herself and somehow did something wrong only show they are incapable of taking off their ideological glasses. She has been found innocent over and over again. Quit feeding yourselves with ideological news sources folks. Lay off the kool-aid.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bonnie

• Dr. Shane

• lazarus

• Woody

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

indeed!

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Quote:

Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin abused her power as Alaska's governor and violated state ethics law by trying to get her ex-brother-in-law fired from the state police, a state investigator's report concluded Friday.

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is under investigation for the firing of her public safety commissioner.

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is under investigation for the firing of her public safety commissioner.

Maybe you should update your objections. This is from 2008 Sarah Palin has been exonerated on almost all ethics charges against her. There might be one or two that hasn't gone thru the process.

Quote:
"Gov. Palin knowingly permitted a situation to continue where impermissible pressure was placed on several subordinates in order to advance a personal agenda," the report states.

The report states?? Did she or according to the media that went after her with a vengence state.

Quote:

I'm definitely sympathetic to her plight. I think things have been tough for her. I also believe she is out of her depth. She had done the best thing for her family and herself.

So many erect a reason for her resigning and then explain why that reason isn't valid.Or maybe you have spoken to her and you do know the reasons and what she will do next

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: lazarus

On the contrary! Comparing her to Daniel is stretching it.

Not at all. Daniel's enemies tried to find error in him and could not. Sarah Palin has been vindicated of all the ethics violations listed here. Over and over again she is vindicated. I am not drinking the kool-aid here. I am not blinded by ideology. Those that insist that Sarah Palin brought this on herself and somehow did something wrong only show they are incapable of taking off their ideological glasses. She has been found innocent over and over again. Quit feeding yourselves with ideological news sources folks. Lay off the kool-aid.

Did you not see the cnn link i posted?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Biting my tongue....just a tag on, not in reply...but the idea that quitting when the going gets rough and again rougher constitutes character......we are gaining a whole new dictionary of meanings! The Palin New Meaning Dictionary

bye-bye surrender

Sounds like you are another that has inside information and knows exactly why she quit. There are times to quit some things.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

but the idea that quitting when the going gets rough and again rougher constitutes character......

OK, explain to me how Governor Palin would have served the people of Alaska by serving the remaining 18 months in office. At the current rate of frivolous ethics charges, if she stays on until the end of her term the people of Alaska can expect to pay an additional $3.6 million to defend her against the frivolous ethics charges. What will they get in exchange? Nothing because their governor will be nothing for them during that time because she will be too busy with the frivolous ethics charges.

So all you bright minds that think you are smarter than the stupid governor, explain to me how the people of Alaska would be better off with her finishing her term.

• Moderators

The report states?? Did she or according to the media that went after her with a vengence state.

The report is available online. See the CNN link I posted. Its in PDF form. It is item number one on page 8. The report states she acted improperly. Sorry but it is an undeniable fact that Mrs Palin has been found to act improperly.

Einstein

Did you not see the cnn link i posted?

From October 2008. Old and outdated news. She was since vindicated.

Dare to be a Daniel - like Sarah Palin.

• Moderators

Originally Posted By: CoAspen
but the idea that quitting when the going gets rough and again rougher constitutes character......

OK, explain to me how Governor Palin would have served the people of Alaska by serving the remaining 18 months in office. At the current rate of frivolous ethics charges, if she stays on until the end of her term the people of Alaska can expect to pay an additional $3.6 million to defend her against the frivolous ethics charges. What will they get in exchange? Nothing because their governor will be nothing for them during that time because she will be too busy with the frivolous ethics charges.

Are you seriously suggesting that she would not be able to do anything else? Are you saying no legislation could be passed. Are you saying she could to attend state functions, make policy proposals?

Einstein

The report states she acted improperly. Sorry but it is an undeniable fact that Mrs Palin has been found to act improperly.

Are you seriously suggesting that she would not be able to do anything else? Are you saying no legislation could be passed. Are you saying she could to attend state functions, make policy proposals?

I think I was the one asking the question. What did President Clinton accomplish during the Lewinsky scandal?

Ahhh, I think he did fire some missiles into Afghanistan.

• Moderators

It was surely an odd bit of timing on Monday, November 3--just hours before one of the biggest presidential elections in American history--that the Alaska State Personnel Board issued a finding by its chief investigator, Timothy J. Petumenos, that Republican vice-presidential candidate and Alaska governor, Sarah Palin, did not breach state ethics laws when she fired Alaska public safety commissioner Walt Monegan in July of this year.

This last minute finding appeared to exonerate Palin of any legal culpability in the so-called "Troopergate" scandal that dogged her throughout her ill-fated, two-month run on the Republican ticket. Palin boldly claimed it a "vindication," while headlines throughout the world declared that she had been "cleared" of any wrongdoing.

That was hardly the case. Composed entirely of political appointees--and all Republican--the Personnel Board was hell-bent on clearing Palin from the get-go. Its findings were neither final nor impartial. And they leave many questions about her behavior, along with that of her husband and her staff, unanswered.

Perhaps the most significant questions that remain are whether or not Governor Palin and her husband, Todd, committed perjury in their sworn affidavits to the personnel board.

There is significant circumstantial evidence that they did.

Less than a month before the Personnel Board's findings, of course, a Republican investigator of the bipartisan Alaska Legislative Council declared that while Palin broke no laws in firing Monegan, she had, in fact, violated the state's Executive Ethics Act by actively pursuing the firing of her former brother-in-law, Alaska state trooper Mike Wooten.

Palin put the lean on Monegan to fire Wooten. He didn't. So he was fired instead.

As Governor, Palin had the executive right to fire Monegan. On that fact, both the Legislative Council and Personnel Board agree.

What they disagree about is whether Palin, her husband, and her staff had the right to hound Monegan about the firing of Wooten. The Personnel Board said that she did have the right; the Legislative Council's reading of the Alaska Ethics Act says she did not.

And hound they did. More than three dozen times in less than two years.

In the aftermath of Monegan's dismissal, Palin gave at least four different reasons for it--all of which seem spurious, at best, and concocted, at worst. And there is strong evidence contradicting every one of her four explanations.

But even more troubling is the absolutely obsessive pattern of strong-arming Monegan about Wooten that began immediately once Palin took office. Within two months of her December 2006 inauguration, Palin and her husband, Todd, contacted Monegan a half-dozen times about firing Wooten. Then Palin's staff members began the assault. Then more contacts from the Palins. Then more from staff.

The pressure was unrelenting and continued right up until the time that Monegan was fired. The record on that--emails, notes, even taped phone conversations--is quite clear.

Perhaps the most troubling piece of evidence is a February 7, 2007, email from Gov. Palin to Monegan. It's a long, rambling missive that concludes with a return to her obsession with Wooten: "Just my opinion -- I know you know I've experienced a lot of frustration with this issue. I know Todd's even expressed to you a lot of concern about our family's safety after this trooper threatened to kill a family member..."

Both Palin and her husband swore under oath that they did not have conversations with Monegan a month earlier (in January 2007) about the Wooten matter. Yet the February 2007 email proves concretely that Palin was aware that her husband had conveyed concerns to Monegan and, by implication ("I know you know") that she had as well. It also clearly establishes the pattern of her trying to use her influence to get Wooten fired from her earliest days in office.

Palin further contradicted her own testimony by saying that her husband complained to her so frequently about the handling of the Wooten matter that she had to tell him to stop, and then shortly thereafter contended that she knew nothing about his activities to get Wooten fired.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/geoffrey-dunn/half-baked-in-alaska-pali_b_144132.html

Einstein

Quote:
Perhaps the most significant questions that remain are whether or not Governor Palin and her husband, Todd, committed perjury in their sworn affidavits to the personnel board.

A little perjury has never been a problem before.

Palin has been cleared.

The Huffington Post is exactly the type of kool-aid we need to beware of. The Huffington Post, Salon.com and others are simply the liberal side of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and other conservative ideologues.

Here is a good example. I say, "Lay off the kool-aid" and in response I get offered some kool-aid to drink.

Understand, I am a moderate. I don't have a dog in this fight. I voted for Obama/Biden. I didn't even vote for McCain/Palin but I am honest enough to see what is going on. Palin impresses me. She is down-to-earth. She is one of the common folks. From what I have seen, she could be President but depending upon who she would run against I may or may not vote for her.

Stick with Fox News folks and then you will get the facts straight. CNN is a joke.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Stick with Fox News folks and then you will get the facts straight. CNN is a joke.

Anyone ever wonder why Fox is number one and the others trail badly?

Because ONLY Fox is 'fair and balanced' and the liberals hate it because of that.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

...Anyone ever wonder why Fox is number one and the others trail badly?

The same reasons MacDonald's is the number one fast food joint...

The same reasons Coca-Cola is the number one soft drink...

And all with pretty much the same qualitative results...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Moderators

teehe

Einstein

Quote:

The same reasons MacDonald's is the number one fast food joint...

The same reasons Coca-Cola is the number one soft drink...

Not quite an accurate comparison, tho I can understand why you would use it.

If you want your favored junk food that you truly enjoy MCDonald's probably appeals.

To use your comparison,even the smell of McDomald's makes me queasy so I don't force myself to go there or eat there.

Same with what I listen to or read. If I don't enjoy it,I turn the dial or don't buy the book

People prefer Fox news over and above what they can get elsewhere. Very few will force themselves to forgo "quality in other venues" and force themselves to listen over and over to something they do not believe and do not enjoy.

Same holds true with books that are written by those that have the conservative talk shows.

They shoot to the top and stay there for some time. Common Sense by Glenn Beck and others lead miles ahead of any liberal book generally.

Originally Posted By: Redwood

Anyone ever wonder why Fox is number one and the others trail badly?

Is it the same reason the National Inquirer is so popular?

Quote:
There are times to quit some things.

Well, I for one am not a quitter, just going in a different direction so that I can show my character by quitting again...I think, for the betterment of all those involved....where was I...isn't that Russia outside my window...any way its a new direction today, I just don't which one it is...lets see now, how many times have I quit.... surrender

I guess I am glad I don't have so much invested in another mortal human being as those of you that hate Sarah Palin.

I don't know why she resigned. For all the cutesy comments I am assuming the rest of you know.

At the moment I like what I know of her,maybe that will change. If it does it won't ruin my day and I am pretty sure it won't ruin hers.

Some of what I have read makes sense. Is it all the reason or the final one that made her decide. Don't know. Will wait for the liberals to tell me.

One thing I do know,is it is rather unusual to keep ragging on a defeated political candidate as has happened with her. I know the number of ethics charges were in double digit and she has been cleared of most if not all.

I remember when she hit the political scene and the democratic party descended on Alaska and launched a unrelenting effort to find any dirt they could.

Time will tell

Quote:

Is it the same reason the National Inquirer is so popular?

I do rather get a kick out of some of the answers and responses.

I would think that it would be obvious that there is a reason for the popularity of Fox news and the rapid rise to number one of many of the books written on ,Freedom,the economy and the constitution. There are those that make a point to listen and read about what goes on around them. Most can give you concrete reasons why they hold the views they do and why they oppose Obama or the liberal agenda.

Obama supporters don't seem to be able to define what Obama has accomplished other than "well Bush did it to". Or to insult those that do put time in to understand what is going on around them.

FOXNews caters to conservative viewers. That means they cover news stories that are of the most interesting to conservatives. That doesn't mean they are not fair and balanced in covering those stories. They cater to their viewers. That is just good business.

MSNBC does pretty much the same thing for liberal viewers. The reason FOXNews gets such better ratings than MSNBC is perhaps because there are more conservatives in America than liberls. Or it could be that liberals are divided among their various choices. There are many news sources that lean liberal so they can choose from the many.

Quote:

Yeah, its called pablum, you know, baby food! tomato

Your answers are as interesting as the answers from your liberal friends. How telling that you and friends cannot answer direct questions or respond to statements without resorting and depending on sarcasm,never really addressing the issue.