ClubAdventist is back!

Powel Doubts Obama

Powell airs doubts on Obama agenda

Colin Powell, one of President Obama's most prominent Republican supporters, expressed concern Friday that the president's ambitious blitz of costly initiatives may be enlarging the size of government and the federal debt too much.

"I'm concerned at the number of programs that are being presented, the bills associated with these programs and the additional government that will be needed to execute them," Mr. Powell said...

"one of the cautions that has to be given to the president -- and I've talked to some of his people about this -- is that you can't have so many things on the table that you can't absorb it all."

[text taken from link]

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Powell airs doubts on Obama agenda

Colin Powell, one of President Obama's most prominent Republican supporters, expressed concern Friday that the president's ambitious blitz of costly initiatives may be enlarging the size of government and the federal debt too much.

"I'm concerned at the number of programs that are being presented, the bills associated with these programs and the additional government that will be needed to execute them," Mr. Powell said...

"one of the cautions that has to be given to the president -- and I've talked to some of his people about this -- is that you can't have so many things on the table that you can't absorb it all."

[text taken from link]

Newbreak Newsbreak ....

In addition to Powell .... Redwood also has some doubts about Obama.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

A major issue is the money and the economy. Obama has become President at a time of a severe recession. In order to recover from the recession the private sector needs more money. I am not suggesting the answer is to print more money. The answer lies in allowing healthy businesses to borrow money (freeing up credit), letting them keep more of what they make (keeping taxes low) and maintaining the value of their money (not allowing the value of the dollar to fall).

President Obama's programs seriously threaten the money supply and possibly its value in the private sector. These programs need to be initiated when the economy is booming and needs the brakes to be applied. President Obama seems to have the cart before the horse. That is what is of such great concern to many people. Even though they support his programs, they see his timing is very bad.

Obama inherited the recession but if he doesn't turn it around in the first year he is going to start getting blamed for it. This was the case with the recession that Reagan inherited. Democrats gained 27 House seats in the mid-term election and one Senate seat. More recently, President GW Bush was blamed for the recession he inherited from President Clinton. Although Bush's tax cuts eventually pulled us out of the recession, 9/11 delayed that which made it look even more like it was Bush's recession.

• Members

Well I agree with Powell, and I do also believe that one problem is the fact that he wants to do this a little to quickly. Not sure if he feels pressure to do this, because like you say if it last beyond a year, than people will say he was the problem. Things take time and if it takes a few years than so be it.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}