ClubAdventist is back!

My son's foot

GreatLakesGramma

My son seriously injured his right foot on Sunday. He was tubing on the lake with some other guys & a maniac boat driver. He doesn't really know how it happened, but his foot must have come down hard on the water at a bad angle at some point. Yesterday morning, the second toe and almost the whole instep were purple, with the foot badly swollen. Since he can't drive with it like that, I took him in for x-rays yesterday, then this morning I took him to his doctor.

There is no major fracture, though there is the possibility of a hairline fracture. The main issue is extensive soft tissue damage, which the doctor said will take longer to heal than a fracture. He has to stay off his foot, keep it elevated, and ice it, and won't be able to walk on it again for at least 2 months. He has crutches, and the doctor prescribed Motrin for the swelling. I don't know if he's going to take any more Motrin, because I had to take him to the emergency room with chest pains an hour after he took it. It turned out to be from taking the Motrin on an empty stomach.

My son is a self-employed IT technician. Most of his clients need him to go to their home to work on their computers. Not being able to drive is a serious problem for him. If he can't get to his clients, he may lose them to someone else, and he's had a hard time keeping up with his expenses as it is. I'd appreciate prayers for his speedy healing, at least to the point where he can drive again, even if he can't walk.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Yes. Praying ...

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

Thanks guys. I'm really hoping & praying that he can drive again in 2 weeks. I told him I could drive him to his service calls, if they aren't too far away and he doesn't get too many. A good alternative would be that God would prevent any of his clients from having any problems that would require him to go to their home, but only ones where they can bring their computers to him. He got a voice mail yesterday he thought would require a home visit, but she is going to bring her computer to him. Also, if he can keep busy without going out, that will keep him much happier. He hates not doing anything.

I know God can control things like that. A self-employed friend of mine who owns a carding mill had surgery on her foot last year. Her orders slowed down before the surgery so that she was able to be all caught up, then none came in when she wasn't able to work at all. And just at the right time when she could begin to ease back into things again, orders started coming in slowly, then gradually increasing to her full capacity again, just at the level she could handle every step of the way. God is good!

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis