ClubAdventist is back!

My Sons' Friend

GreatLakesGramma

Please pray for a young friend of my two sons. She recently learned that her skunk of a husband has been cheating on her all along, and abusing their children, so she kicked him out. Then she took the little girl to the doctor because of the abuse. Apparently the doctor found no signs of abuse, because somehow Child Protective Services got involved, accusing her of making it up to use against the father, so they took the little girl and her baby brother away. Then they apparently did some investigation, to find excuses to keep the children. They found that the mother is on medication for migraines, so they decided that the drugs are making her psychotic.

There is a hearing today at 1:30 PM, Eastern Time. My son and the mother's best friend from down here are on their way up there to testify in her behalf. If anyone reads this here in time, please pray for the hearing.

She is a good mother, but she became pregnant with her first child when she was a teenager and unmarried, and between her manipulative, druggie mother, CPS, and other busybodies, they have been trying to find some excuse to take away her children for years. Her second child, a little boy, died at less than a week of age because he had a hole in his heart, and they investigated her then to try find grounds to take away her little girl, accusing her of being responsible for his death due to abuse or neglect. It seems that she has finally given them something they think they can succeed at using against her. She has had to take way too much of this kind of stuff in her young life, and I don't know if she can stand much more.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

The hearing did not go well. The judge ruled that the children were to go home with their mother, on probation, pending the decision of the panel. My sons' friend has a learning disability, and did not do well at all with the questioning before the panel. Besides that, she could not answer any of the questions about the costs, due dates, etc. of her rent & utilities, or even who her landlord is. Her father has been paying all of that, even though he doesn't live with them.

If she does lose the children, they may place them with an Adventist foster family she knows down here, provided they can meet the rules of the county that will be overseeing them. And it will be temporary until she makes the changes needed to satisfy the CPS that the children will be safe and well cared for. It might even work out to be a good thing for all of them, mother included.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

• Members

Will be putting them all on our pray list that God's will be done.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}