ClubAdventist is back!

American Revolution II

Quote:

You are wrong, Bonnie. I do not fail to realize that. I totally agree with you on this issue. I think the small business owners need to be left alone. There is a huge difference between small business owners and the powerful multinational conglomerates.

Can anyone grasp the obvious. Small business cannot escape while some of you are gleefully clapping the the filthy and obscene are getting theirs.

You think you are going to harm the filthy and obscene? You might want to check again. How much makes you filthy,1 million gross,2 million,10 million?

As businesses head to a cheaper area/country to do business what do you think is going to happen with all their employee's?

The big tax cut is laughable, 10.00?? a week compared to what we all will pay out.

My brother will shut down if this goes thru. Tell me again why he should be willing to work as hard as he has,a lot harder than his employee's and give it to the government to distribute it to others. I would imagine there are those that are going to believe he should,not going to happen. There will be many people looking for work when and if he closes up.

Many mortgages,school tutions,some college students that he has helped personally out of pocket,nor will he be giving the same amount to the cancer research. Something he has financially supported due to his wifes cancer 30 years ago.

Many other area's will be drastically reduced or eliminated.

But just think how satisfying that the obscenely rich will be inconvenienced

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Quote:

But the multinational conglomerates you want to attack are so very out of reach by any government, There is always an offshore site which is very tax-friendly - and most nations aren't above bringing such an international company's business to their shores - leaving the US the pitiful crumbs and a ultra-high corporate tax rate that makes certain no multinational conglomerate will have its profits taxed by the US.

None of that compares to the extreme satisfaction of the obscene getting theirs.

Many will not mind not having work,having government hand outs for health care.they won't even mind when theirs cannot get the tests or medical care they really need.

Those like my husband and the couple from Canada we shared a couple of days with will be denied or the waiting list will be the same as any denial.

Don't worry tho,the little green eyed monster has been fed for a time

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quote:

But the multinational conglomerates you want to attack are so very out of reach by any government, There is always an offshore site which is very tax-friendly - and most nations aren't above bringing such an international company's business to their shores - leaving the US the pitiful crumbs and a ultra-high corporate tax rate that makes certain no multinational conglomerate will have its profits taxed by the US.

None of that compares to the extreme satisfaction of the obscene getting theirs.

Many will not mind not having work,having government hand outs for health care.they won't even mind when theirs cannot get the tests or medical care they really need.

Those like my husband and the couple from Canada we shared a couple of days with will be denied or the waiting list will be the same as any denial.

Don't worry tho,the little green eyed monster has been fed for a time

Oh, I do worry, Bonnie - because sooner or later that monster is going to get hungry again.

There is a very serious disconnect right now between feelings of "fairness" versus how economics really work. The left mindset is currently deeply rooted in the Marxist/Fascist political philosophies - picking and choosing which of these they want of them, and (trying) to leave out the "unpopular" or negative parts.

When people actually celebrate or justify when things go very badly - that I cannot identify with.

soapbox

Evidence - Unions being proud of driving industries into oblivion or overseas, as a "victory for the worker". What victory, if one no longer has a way of bringing home income to put a roof over the family, food on the table, and clothes on the back? Who then picks up the tab? The rich? No, as they have been re-located elsewhere. Again, who picks up the tab? Not the rich...

Evidence - Driving the large corporations oversees as a "victory for the little guy"...and what is the "little guy" to do as prices go up and they have no jobs because the "evil corporation" is now relocated to India, China, Indonesia, etc.?

Evidence - ripping the rich for everything they have. Oh, such a great social justice and fairness! Until the jobs and investments that the rich used their money to create are no longer there. Instead of reasoning from cause to effect, that unreasoning hatred is counter-productive to obtaining the very things they need, they continue more of the same!

I can't identify with such a way that deems it good when someone else doing better that I gets it in the shorts. Such presumption and judgmentalness runs counter to everything Christ teaches us to view our brothers and sisters.

Can't use "love to the unfortunate" to counterbalance that...

OKAY...that's off my chest...it's "safe" to stop ranting...for now...

I go now to file down the callouses on my knuckles...

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Quote:

Oh, I do worry, Bonnie - because sooner or later that monster is going to get hungry again.

Usually works that way doesn't it?

Quote:
There is a very serious disconnect right now between feelings of "fairness" versus how economics really work. The left mindset is currently deeply rooted in the Marxist/Fascist political philosophies - picking and choosing which of these they want of them, and (trying) to leave out the "unpopular" or negative parts.

One promise Obama made that he is sticking to is to return the nations wealth to it's "rightful owners".

I want to know what law it is that says I have a right to anything someone else has.

Wonder how much of Obama's wealth he is returning to anyone.

Interesting to me is that my obscenely rich brother gave more to charity than the Obama's. Not only organized charity,but one on one.

Where is his concern for the "poor"?He certainly doesn't need all his income

Quote:
When people actually celebrate or justify when things go very badly - that I cannot identify with.

Unbelievable isn't it? Even if all this garbage coming down the pike harms them more,The obscene and filthy getting inconvenienced will make it all worth it

soapbox

Quote:
Evidence - Unions being proud of driving industries into oblivion or overseas, as a "victory for the worker". What victory, if one no longer has a way of bringing home income to put a roof over the family, food on the table, and clothes on the back? Who then picks up the tab? The rich? No, as they have been re-located elsewhere. Again, who picks up the tab? Not the rich...

Yeah,but they got their revenge for the "little people"

Quote:
Evidence - Driving the large corporations oversees as a "victory for the little guy"...and what is the "little guy" to do as prices go up and they have no jobs because the "evil corporation" is now relocated to India, China, Indonesia,

Go on welfare.

Quote:
Evidence - ripping the rich for everything they have. Oh, such a great social justice and fairness! Until the jobs and investments that the rich used their money to create are no longer there. Instead of reasoning from cause to effect, that unreasoning hatred is counter-productive to obtaining the very things they need, they continue more of the same!

I know there must be a commandment somewhere that says "Thou shalt rip off the rich"

The reasoning says "if you have become rich by hard work or inheritance you have deprived someone and that is really unfair"

My brother became a very wealthy man. Not by education,welfare,or taking from someone else. He did it by hard work and being better than the competition. Started with a wing and a prayer.

My husband and I could have done similar. The difference was we did not want to work that hard and risk that much.

Now I need someone to explain to me why any part of my brother's wealth should be given to me.

Quote:
I can't identify with such a way that deems it good when someone else doing better that I gets it in the shorts. Such presumption and judgmentalness runs counter to everything Christ teaches us to view our brothers and sisters.

Hey,did you forget that liberal's don't judge. They wouldn't judge the rich would they?

Precisely what's wrong with mankind - the willingness to judge and take away from those who are "different", and call it "righteousness".

These games used to be played out around the world as war. Now, we call it politics. The spirit behind each is the same.

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan