ClubAdventist is back!

Obama's Health Care Plan Will Bankrupt The Nation

On ABC News last night they disclosed a poll that indicated MOST Americans oppose the Obama Health Care plan.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• Administrators

If you truly wish to be informed - Why We Must Ration Health Care . It is long but well worth reading, no matter which side of the debate you fall on.

And for those who fear Obama's Plan, because of highly exaggerated fear-mongering over rationing of health care, a major point of this article is that the system under which we exist already effectively rations health care based on ability to pay, or not, extent of insurance coverage, etc.

Our health care delivery system is broken and needs to be fixed. To continue to do nothing is simply not an option. To do anything, even imperfectly, is far better than doing nothing.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Quote:

And for those who fear Obama's Plan, because of highly exaggerated fear-mongering over rationing of health care, a major point of this article is that the system under which we exist already effectively rations health care based on ability to pay, or not, extent of insurance coverage, etc.

This simply is not true. We did not have insurance by choice when our son had a very serious break in his ankle. He needed surgery. He got it.They knew nothing of our ability to pay. Another son needed surgery to close a hole in his eardrum. We still were not carrying for insurance by choice, Nothing was known of our ability to pay.

I had a perforated ulcer and it almost cost me my life. The hospital my husband took me to had no records concerning me. With the tests that was taken there,a high speed ambulance ride,(I didn't know they charged hundreds more for light and siren) and a bigger hospital they were on the hook for 80,000.00 if we did not pay.

There was no information given to them for a couple of days till I regained consciousness. I had the best of care in ICU

Quote:
Our health care delivery system is broken and needs to be fixed. To continue to do nothing is simply not an option. To do anything, even imperfectly, is far better than doing nothing.

You are talking about a small segment that does not carry insurance by choice and because they are illegal.

People say something is broken long enough it becomes true to some. Obama's unknown health bill is not an option to many.

That is like buying a house witout knowing which one you are buying.

The most vulnerable is going to be hit the hardest. The elderly and the handicapped.

My husband would not have been treated under this plan.

I lost track of the tests he had to find the root of his problem. Everything was paid for,our DR decided what he needed,not Obama. They did isolate the problem and altho he is not productive as society would see it,he has had some very good years.

The Canadian couple that was with us in the lounge were not very impressed with a single payer plan. That is why they come to the US.

It has to be made a crisis or to many will not sign on to it.

o a crisis is what we have.

You cannot be denied going into the emergency room. Most drug companies will supply drugs at a much reduced cost and many times free. It does take doing your homework and most don't want to do that. Sit back and let the government to care for you.

If health care is my right they have no business restricting any medical care to me or mine.

But tell me again,why King Obama doesn't know what is in his bill? And please don't tell me he does,I listened to him say just that.

Why the hurry? Could it be all the garbage in there that doesn't have anything to do with medical care?

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

I would like all federal employee's to pledge to save enormous amount of money and be the first to step forward and rely on what they want for america. Especially when they don't know what is in the bill. Wonder if they were forced to accept this if they would change their mind and read it.

Maybe we could all encourage Ted Kennedy to look to canadian health care for his final days. After all Obama said it might be time to take a pain pill instead of treatment. He really should want to lead the way and be an example to america as part of his legacy,shouldn't he??

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quote:
To continue to do nothing is simply not an option. To do anything, even imperfectly, is far better than doing nothing

This is the typical mantra from the Obama supporters. But this hype is simply not true. It will not kill this nation to take a few days to actually read what is in the bill. There is no reason why we can't do this right instead of being stuck with trash.

I believe in Hematology.

Quote:
To continue to do nothing is simply not an option. To do anything, even imperfectly, is far better than doing nothing

This is the typical mantra from the Obama supporters. But this hype is simply not true. It will not kill this nation to take a few days to actually read what is in the bill. There is no reason why we can't do this right instead of being stuck with trash.

Redwood,you are so wrong.The reason is the lack of control by the government

Well .... I have to have confidence in America's intelligence. I believe that the pressure will be such that Obama's Aug.8th deadline will be rejected. Slowly people are seeing what Obama is made of.

I believe in Hematology.

Well .... I have to have confidence in America's intelligence. I believe that the pressure will be such that Obama's Aug.8th deadline will be rejected. Slowly people are seeing what Obama is made of.

Nobody will shoot you for optimism. It is very possible this go around it will be defeated but that won't be the last.

How many are convinced we have a crisis,people are being turned away and medical personal are conducting medical care in an animal stall.

Besides when the promise is of "we'll take care of you" the enticement is to much to turn down. Factor in the idolization and fawning over Obama and it will be back.

I cannot remember a time so many have pushed for a bill when they have no idea what is in it. To compound matters the president doesn't know either. Wonder who does

Tonight Obama made it clear that he has NO idea how he is going to pay for Health Care but that he is not concerned about it.

I believe in Hematology.

Tonight Obama made it clear that he has NO idea how he is going to pay for Health Care but that he is not concerned about it.

When I can spend other people's money and confiscate it if I run short why would I worry.

Especially when so many are willing to hand him what he wants

From that right-wing rag, the Los Angeles Times:

Quote:
As a candidate, President Obama vowed that in devising a healthcare bill he would invite in TV cameras -- specifically C-SPAN -- so that Americans could have a window into negotiations that normally play out behind closed doors.

Having promised transparency, the administration should be willing to disclose who it is consulting in shaping healthcare policy, said an attorney for the citizens' group. In its letter requesting the records, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics asked about visits from Billy Tauzin, president of the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America; Karen Ignagni, president of America's Health Insurance Plans; William Weldon, chairman and CEO of Johnson & Johnson; and J. James Rohack, president of the American Medical Assn., among others.

. . . .

PhRMA, which represents the nation's drug companies, said it had taken part in two meetings with senior White House officials in the Roosevelt Room. Participants, according to Tauzin, included White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, along with the CEOs of some major drug companies. Both meetings were closed to the public.

“the slovenliness of our language makes it easier to have foolish thoughts.” George Orwell

Thanks there buster. You know .... there has never been a more secretive president in all of our nation's history. And yet this man promised transparency. What a joke.

I believe in Hematology.

If you truly wish to be informed - Why We Must Ration Health Care . It is long but well worth reading, no matter which side of the debate you fall on.

I've got a family emergency currently happening that refutes every aspect of what you've said, Tom.

I have a nephew with a new wife. She just gave birth to a baby girl - at 25 weeks.

They have no health insurance. Neither has solid work. They have no ability to pay, and don't have rich, wealthy family to fall back upon.

Sounds just like the kind of people Obama's been talking about. And he has.

Mother and child, rather than being callously kicked to the streets without treatment, baby left to die....all the heartless things we're told is currently happening to people like my nephew, wife and child....

Mom and baby are in one of the best facilities for neo-natal care in Central Texas. Mom has recovered nicely. My new grand-niece will remain in neo-natal care for the next 11 weeks - VERY expensive care.

They're already covered. Medicaid covers it. Every woman and child without health insurance is already qualified for coverage for things like this with Medicaid.

Yes, it's government. But it is already in place - for just the groups that are lifted up as helpless victims right now...

Now you may understand why I see the Democrat rhetoric as a lot of fear-mongering, straw-men arguments, and deception with regards to this health care issue.

What Obama's pushing isn't needed, and will certainly destroy the standard of health Americans expect to have.

As I said elsewhere - if one really wants to tackle the issues plaguing the health sector - start with the malpractice lawyers and tort reform.

When I see Democrats championing this, I will believe they are serious about health care.

Right now, all they are doing is keeping the gravy-train open and running for their lawyer supporters while feigning they care for the "little person" (who's crying because a scar didn't go away, or some odd nonsense to cry - there are relatively few true malpractice events compared to the overall amount of litigation observed)

And for a point of memory...I seem to remember ol' Kennedy saying how his HMO plan becoming law would solve this very problem with healthcare...back in the mid 80's.

Now HMO's are the evil, the problem. Need to have socialized medicine. How times change.

My current life events says we don't need it, regardless of what Obama would tell me.

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Yes, there buster...

And that's why ol' Harry Reid announced today there would not be a health care bill vote in the Senate before the end of August.

The public mood is souring so fast on this issue, the gentleman from Nevada won't bring it for a vote. He knows his party is just about to commit political suicide, just as the Republicans have done over the last several years.

Too much, too fast...

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan

Thanks there buster. You know .... there has never been a more secretive president in all of our nation's history. And yet this man promised transparency. What a joke.

Obama HAS brought transparency to the administration, Red.

He can see quite clearly and transparently straight through to your wallet...

It's all a matter of perspective, isn't it?