ClubAdventist is back!

AMA Supports House Version of Healthcare Bill

What do you think swayed them, after they have opposed previous healthcare reform attempts? And how do you think this will affect meaningful reform?

What do you think swayed them, after they have opposed previous healthcare reform attempts? And how do you think this will affect meaningful reform?

A joke. Have you read the statements by the AMA and the information in the monster bill.

http://thepage.time.com/obama-statement-on-amas-support-for-house-health-care-bill/

Obama Statement on AMA's Support for House Health Care Bill

THE WHITE HOUSE

Office of the Press Secretary

For Immediate Release July 16, 2009

Statement from the President on the American Medical Association's Support for H.R. 3200

“I am grateful that the doctors of the AMA have chosen to support health insurance reform that will lower costs, expand coverage, and assure choice and quality health care for all Americans. Along with the nation's nurses, these doctors are joining the chorus of Americans who know that the time to reform what is broken about our health care system is now.”

What is there about addition and subtraction you don't understand?

This is a crock......and assure choice and quality health care for all Americans.

The minute this is passed you are done with choice. If you are already privately insured you may keep that but cannot switch nor can a insurance agent sell a new policy to a new private client.

But other than that just get out your calculater.

I will use my brother as example.

A few years ago my brother was paying over 35,000.00 a month in premiums. Why would he be foolish enough financially to continue that when he can opt for paying 8% of the 35,000.00 and have the government insure.

If he were to stay in business if this all is passed how stupid would he have to be to give his employee's choice?

We will head towards complete government control of our health care. If you should decide to forgo insurance to bad,you can't. You will pay a penalty and be forced to comply.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

I'm interested in discussing the AMA specifically because they are a conservative organization and have a tradition of opposing any healthcare reforms.

Why did they change their tune?

The following is taken from the link you originally provided.

This guy is full of it

WENDELL POTTER: Two different ways that they do this. In the individual insurance market, we’ve seen quite a bit of news coverage, especially in California. When insurance companies who are active in the individual market—and this means when you don’t get your insurance coverage through your workplace, about the only option you have is to buy it directly from an insurance company, and usually it’s much more costly than it is through—if you buy it or get it through your employer. Once you file a claim, if you are unfortunate enough to get very sick or have an accident and file a claim, you very often will find that your insurance company will go back and look at your application to see if there might be a chance that you either didn’t disclose something that you knew about in the past or inadvertently didn’t disclose something or might not have known about a pre-existing condition. They’ll use that as evidence that you were committing fraud, and they’ll revoke your policy, or they call it “rescinding” your policy, leaving you holding the bag, making you completely responsible for all the medical bills. That’s one way that they dump people who need insurance the most.

If you have carried insurance and switch any pre-existing condition is covered if you have a history of insurance going back three months. They cannot "dump" you because of a claim. If you have been insured thru a specific company and have been for a period of three months they cannot cancel you because of pre-existing. When I switched my insurance company and signed up with another one I ended up in surgery and intensive care for days. It had been less than a month. The new insurance company was on the hook for over 80,000.00

They had to pay and no they could not cancel me.

If you have never carried insurance and find yourself with a very costly illness why should you then be able to obtain insurance and force them to pay?

Another is, if you are employed, particularly with a small business, and your insurance—your employer gets his or her insurance through one of the large insurers, and if just one person in your company files a claim that the underwriters think is too high, if it skews what they think is the appropriate medical experience or claim experience, when that business comes up for renewal, they very likely will jack up the rates so much that your employer has no alternative but to leave and leave you and all of your coworkers without insurance. Either that or they may cut benefits or try to shop for coverage somewhere else. But the end result is, you may find yourself dumped into the rolls and the ranks of the uninsured.

It takes far more than just one . One of the reasons a insurance company will raise rates is the number of small claims and the responsibility in part belongs with the employer.

The companies that force their employee's to get a DR's excuse for an absence is the number one cause.Especially in flu weather. The Dr can't really do anything except charge the insurance company for a ignorant call on the part of the company.

But again,if someone has been insured and the company decides to no longer pay any of them that have been insured for three months can obtain insurance without pre-existing clause

I'm interested in discussing the AMA specifically because they are a conservative organization and have a tradition of opposing any healthcare reforms.

Why did they change their tune?

You need to do a little more reading. What they have supported is based on what Obama says. This is what they have said they support....and assure choice and quality health care for all Americans.

There will be no choice

There will be no private insurance in time. Private companies cannot compete with government run "business"

The government does not have to make a profit,they only have to take what they need from you and me.

Read a little more carefully

Originally Posted By: bonnie

This guy is full of it

LOL - He was an executive with Cigna. I think he knows what he's talking about.

Doesn't matter who he is. Are you so naive to think that Obama wouldn't be trotting that out?

Are you naive enough to believe a medical team would conduct medical sevices in a animal stall.

And he is completely wrong on not being forced out of private insurance before long.

Well then, I guess I should listen to you because you know more than the executive who was actually working for the industry and who testified about it before Congress....

Well then, I guess I should listen to you because you know more than the executive who was actually working for the industry and who testified about it before Congress....

What you should do is a little checking. Automatically believing someone that was an executive is not always best.

Regardless of who he is,you can find some of the insurance facts all by yourself.

Find out if they can cancel you because of a illness etc. I know that isn't as much fun as swooning over Obama, but in the long run you will pay to.

Every economist,the CBO says this is not sustainable,doesn't really have to be as long as Obama can just get it from the rich, when that doesn't do it,get it from us. The poor everyone anguishies over wil also pay as their services will be cut.

It will pass,if not this time,next time. To bad that the effects can't just be felt by Obama's groupies