ClubAdventist is back!

Former Health Insurance Exec Turns Whistleblower

• Members

The sad thing about these whistle blowers is, if they hadn't been fired or laid off they wouldn't have said anything. Makes you wonder.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

The sad thing about these whistle blowers is, if they hadn't been fired or laid off they wouldn't have said anything. Makes you wonder.

pk

It does,especially much of what he says is not true.

Really liked his story about the animal stalls and medical care.

At times we have clinics that use large non-medical facilities for vaccinations and such. The last place they would be held is an animal stall. Anyone that has been to a fairgrounds at fair time or have shown their animals know you can not disinfect a animal stall.

The stalls are made of wood,you can not safely sanitize them.

The floor is either dirt or concrete,neither can be adequetly sanitized.

If a fair ground was used the blgs with flooring,the grandstand for large crowds to sit and wait their turn would be used.

If someone is going to try to tell me that hundreds of people waited in the rain with small children with shelter available I can sell you the Brooklyn bridge.

Makes a heart rendering story tho. No Dr in his right mind would conduct medical procedures in a animal stall.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Members

I agree, but its to much of a judgement call to tell if he is or is not telling the truth. I tend to give the benefit of the doubt, until I find out otherwise. I'm sure though that they tend to spin it a little.

pk

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

The sad tale about people being dropped because they got sick is another sad tale of woe but not true.

I had new insurance for less than a month when I ended up with emergency surgery for a perforated ulcer. I didn't know I had an ulcer till the day of surgery.

I was concerned and called the insurance agent from the hospital. Insurance companies can no longer refuse if you have had been previously covered for the three months before by another insurance. Had they been able to,I am pretty sure they would have,my 300.00 premium didn't cover to much of an 80,000.00 bill.

I know people seem to think you should be able pick up insurance on your way to surgery but why should anyone expect to go without insurance till a medical crisis and then become insured

Nor is this man's assurance as to choice very convincing.

Employer's will dump employee's like a rock when this passes.

If it comes to a choice which do you think they will make.

A man like my brother pays 35,000.00 a month. What kind of an idiot would he have to be to pay that instead of the 8% penalty to the government

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

I didn't read anything about him being fired or laid off. I'm pretty sure he just quit. Of course, if he had said anything while working there, he would have been fired. That would have been kinda dumb.

• Members

Yes I agree that it would have been job suicide, but not dumb, but honest. If I find something out that is bad for others you can believe that I would be out there right away, at least I pray that God would want me to stand up for truth and not hide it till the right time.

pk

phkrause

I agree, but its to much of a judgement call to tell if he is or is not telling the truth. I tend to give the benefit of the doubt, until I find out otherwise. I'm sure though that they tend to spin it a little.

pk

I am sure no matter what company,what business,even our own denomination has actions that would make our hair stand on end at times.

I am sure this whistleblower did observe things that may have made him uncomfortable .

When he starts with the medical care being given in animal stalls he really has nothing more to say to me.

Animal stalls cannot be sterilized. With the variety of bldgs available on a fair grounds it is a stretch that responsble medical personal will choose a animal stall in anything but a dire emergency.

In addition to the mal-practise looming over their heads.

Yes I agree that it would have been job suicide, but not dumb, but honest. If I find something out that is bad for others you can believe that I would be out there right away, at least I pray that God would want me to stand up for truth and not hide it till the right time.

Well, yeah, that's what you or I would do. But I don't know if this guy is a Christian. It sounds like he was following his conscience the best way he knew, once he got the full picture of what was going on.

• Members

Yes I agree we don't know if he is a christian or not. There are many who claim to be christians and are not. And than there are many who really are christian acting but don't claim to be. So its hard to say, only God knows.

pk

phkrause

Really liked his story about the animal stalls and medical care.

At times we have clinics that use large non-medical facilities for vaccinations and such. The last place they would be held is an animal stall. Anyone that has been to a fairgrounds at fair time or have shown their animals know you can not disinfect a animal stall.

The stalls are made of wood,you can not safely sanitize them.

The floor is either dirt or concrete,neither can be adequetly sanitized.

If a fair ground was used the blgs with flooring,the grandstand for large crowds to sit and wait their turn would be used.

If someone is going to try to tell me that hundreds of people waited in the rain with small children with shelter available I can sell you the Brooklyn bridge.

Makes a heart rendering story tho. No Dr in his right mind would conduct medical procedures in a animal stall.

This is all rather beside the point, but actually Remote Area Medical does ask people to bring umbrellas, presumably for rain or sun. At the Wise fairgrounds location, I don't know if they use grandstands or how they organize the people, but they see about 7,000 people over a period of 3 days every year. I think they do mainly use regular buildings as well as tents. As far as the animal stalls, they also offer veterinary services, so maybe that's what was going on. It was Wendell Potter's first experience with RAM, so he may not have understood that. But what *is* the point is his shock at the realization of the number of people who do not have health insurance and who have to stand in line for days to get healthcare. This is in America.

Quote:

This is all rather beside the point, but actually Remote Area Medical does ask people to bring umbrellas, presumably for rain or sun. At the Wise fairgrounds location, I don't know if they use grandstands or how they organize the people, but they see about 7,000 people over a period of 3 days every year. I think they do mainly use regular buildings as well as tents. As far as the animal stalls, they also offer veterinary services, so maybe that's what was going on. It was Wendell Potter's first experience with RAM, so he may not have understood that. But what *is* the point is his shock at the realization of the number of people who do not have health insurance and who have to stand in line for days to get healthcare. This is in America.

No,the truth of what this man says is the point. HIs rendition of the animal stalls being sterilized is not written as to suggest animal care.

Providing free service is not always an indication of no insurance or health care.

No one is refused medical care for emergency medical care.

We have free clinics here.

Some for immunizations,mammogram's etc.

Health insurance is not a right. It is a right to purchase insurance but your medical care is not my responsibility. It is yours.

Many of the estimated 45 million without insurance are without by persona choice. Most of these are wage earners making 50,000.00 or more. If you cannot afford insurance on that tough. These are the young to middle age that would rather put the premiums into something else.

This near hysteria over insurance has no basis in reality.

Roughly 12% of the 45 million non insured fall into this catagory.

Another 12 to 14 million of this number are illegals. So we are going to spend billions of dollars.

My husband can get the medical he needs without question,that will not be true if this goes thru.

Those of you that will blindly follow this man over the cliff have no idea of what he is pushing. He admitted he didn't eve know.

Obama said so it must be gospel.

This free country?? joke if this goes thru.

Read this monstrosity. Much of what will be paid for is not medical necessities or even related to your physical health.

Maybe you want the government interference concerning your elderly parents but as my parents caregiver they can keep away from mine.

I would not have wanted them to have mandatory counseling especially if they were ill and vulnerable.

You and some others swear faith in this man's assurances but thankfully many are finally waking up. Strikes them a little odd when he himself does not know what is in the bill. Congress and senators saying "no we are not going to read the bill"

The rationing they are beginning to realize comes close to home when they start thinking in terms of their families.

Calls to congressmen and senators are going 15 to 1 against this idiocy.

Quote:

No,the truth of what this man says is the point. HIs rendition of the animal stalls being sterilized is not written as to suggest animal care.

Uh, yeah, like I said....