ClubAdventist is back!

What someone thinks of us....

Fran

There is so much that can be learned from people who have gone through the process of controlling mental illness.

Although a person can modify what he/she says in a controlled environment, it is important for the reader/listener to understand how to deal with negativity on their own. It is this lack of understanding that throws so many people into suffering from some sort of mental illness in the first place.

Learning not to take things "personally". Learning to listen not only with the heart, but with the head. Learning to take things in context. Learning to control one's own responses to another.

Words are powerful. That's why we call the Bible our Sword.

There may be a time when we come across hostile words from another person--indeed, the chances are slim that we won't. When this happens, I urge the reader to control his/her responses. But in doing so, remember to be honest.

Some may feel it necessary to block others' posts. Some may feel it necessary to simply ignore and not respond to another. Sometimes, I think this might be the best course of action.

Withholding oneself from any further conversation can be extremely detrimental both to the speaker/writer and the listener/reader. We are here to help one another. If we don't, we are nothing more than the person who comes to church each week to be fed and then keep the food to him/herself.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nicodema

• Stan

• Gregory Matthews

• Bravus

Quote:

Words are powerful. That's why we call the Bible our Sword.

Self diagnosing as mentally unstable was almost the best thing I ever did, as it prompted me to reach for the best and only permanent solution.

[:"red"] "And [people] went out to see what had occurred, and they came to Jesus and found the man from whom the demons had gone out, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed and in his right (sound) mind...[/]

Luke 8:35 Amp

Lif Jesus up!! DOVE.gif

Lift Jesus up!!

It is the only way! Amen

The greatest want of the world is the want of men who will not be bought or sold, men who in their inmost souls are true & honest, men who do not fear to call sin by its right name, men whose conscience is as true to duty..., men who will stand for the right though the heavens fall.{Ed 57.3}