ClubAdventist is back!

What Is It About Obama?

Obama rushed thru the stimulus as life as we knew it was about to end. It had to be signed like right now?? Anybody know what is in that. Jobs have decreased,not increased as he promised. Transparency is a joke. 31 czars that are accountable only to Obama. Cap and trade,another that must be passed or the planet will implode. Anybody know what is in that?

Health Care,NOW!!!!!!,don't worry about what is in it,don't worry about a president that hasn't a clue. Pass,pass,pass.

Just what has Obama accomplished that instills this cult like following

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

That M.O. worked so well for GW, why not stick with a strategy that works? As long as Congress keeps falling for it, every President will keep doing that. Congress is so bitterly divided along party lines, and has been for quite some time and seems to get worse by the day, that neither party can allow the other side to have a victory. The only way a President can get them to cooperate with each other is to make it an emergency or a matter of national security.

That M.O. worked so well for GW, why not stick with a strategy that works? As long as Congress keeps falling for it, every President will keep doing that. Congress is so bitterly divided along party lines, and has been for quite some time and seems to get worse by the day, that neither party can allow the other side to have a victory. The only way a President can get them to cooperate with each other is to make it an emergency or a matter of national security.

You really need to be a bit more accurate. Bush is responsible for his error's in judgement and any action he took. It is time Obama pulls up his big boy pants and take responsibility for what Obama has or has not done.

Obama's problem with passing the health bill is his own party,not the republicans. He needs democrats to give him a victory.

Obama is responsible for his own massive stimulus which has really been a joke. This is beginning to sink home to the ordinary people of the US.

Bush is responsible for the first bailout mistake. Obama however cannot shove the blame on Bush for what he has done. Obama pushed and voted for the idiotic bailout.

It isn't quite true as to having to declare a emergency. If you are saying that is what Obama has done with health care your acceptance of such behavior is sillier than I thought.

Congress has always been bitterly divided . Checks and balances. In this I hope they remain dug in. When both parties come to agreement what they really agree to is taking more of my money.

Oh,by the way as to Bush's MO.

He did not promise and promise a transparent adminstration. He did not deceitfully target private citizens and make them a national target.He did not take over 61+ of the auto industry.

He did not push to pass bills when he and no one else had read the monster.

But again your intense hatred of Bush is showing and at the same time you applaud Obama in what you say is the same behavior. Little convoluted.

Bush is no longer president,have you heard? We will have to live with Obama's plan for a very long time.

You sound like my kids when they were young. If they got themselves in trouble and it seems like at least one always was,They kept referring to the sins of one of their siblings in hopes their sin might look better.

It took a little growing up for them to realize when they began blaming or targeting their sibling they looked more guilty themselves and was working on a world of hurt discipline wise

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

If you are saying that is what Obama has done with health care your acceptance of such behavior is sillier than I thought.

But again your intense hatred of Bush is showing and at the same time you applaud Obama in what you say is the same behavior.

Now you've gone from assuming to hallucinating.

Originally Posted By: bonnie
If you are saying that is what Obama has done with health care your acceptance of such behavior is sillier than I thought.

But again your intense hatred of Bush is showing and at the same time you applaud Obama in what you say is the same behavior.

Now you've gone from assuming to hallucinating.

Nope,go back and read what you have said

• Moderators

Where are the rules for this forum?

--something about attacking the issue-- not another person.

Calling someone childish ["you remind me of my children"] is itself childish. Unbecoming of C/A members.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Where are the rules for this forum?

--something about attacking the issue-- not another person.

Calling someone childish ["you remind me of my children"] is itself childish. Unbecoming of C/A members.

Sorry,it is exactly as my children did when they were younger.

Always wanting to shift the focus to one of their siblings in hopes escaping responsibility for what they had done/said

Quote:

How in the world is that abusive or out of line?

Quote:

You have to understand. Attention has and must be placed on Bush,for anything and everything. The staunch defenders seem to have a very tough time defending this man the longer he is in office. The only rebuttal is "Well what about Bush"

Drawing attention to their own actions by anyone is abusive.

If Obama's secretive appointments,his lack of clarity on bills he rams thru,his own lack of knowledge of what he wants the american people to settle for,his targeting american citizens for hate and scorn can't be defended, attack others,that works.

His treatment of the AIG mess and targeting those receiving bonuses was applauded as some I am sure will do for Professor Gates.

Obama again shows his complete ignorance in rushing to play the race card. Just as he acknowledged he does not know what is in the health care bill,he acknowledged while blasting the police officer that he did not have the facts.

Quote:

I really am not all that bothered by this,but just for clarification.

Jeanne is a moderator as you are,Correct? If issues arise aren't they to be taken to PM??

Just curious LOL

This race card is getting OLD.

The president has no place stickin' his nose in what he doesn't know about. How many of you remember the Rodney King episode. At that time it was obvious what had happened ... but rightfully so ... the President did not get involved until the legal procedings had been fulfilled.

This president thinks he is above the law. He proclaims someone guilty or innocent just because he is emotionally involved.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

your intense hatred of Bush is showing and at the same time you applaud Obama...

I think the use of the words "your" and "you" is getting a bit too personal in this type of exchange.

We are here for the healthy exchange of ideas. It can be difficult or tricky but let's try not to accuse others of personal character defects when disagreeing with the ideas. Saying to someone "your intense hatred" is accusing them of being a hateful person. It could be that they are not hateful at all but simply see things differently or they may be influenced by the view of someone that is hateful.

I think we need to go the extra mile in giving others the benefit of the doubt when they disagree with us. Let's contrast our ideas with the ideas of others without making them out to be bad people for holding the ideas they hold.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Originally Posted By: bonnie
your intense hatred of Bush is showing and at the same time you applaud Obama...

I think the use of the words "your" and "you" is getting a bit too personal in this type of exchange.

We are here for the healthy exchange of ideas. It can be difficult or tricky but let's try not to accuse others of personal character defects when disagreeing with the ideas. Saying to someone "your intense hatred" is accusing them of being a hateful person. It could be that they are not hateful at all but simply see things differently or they may be influenced by the view of someone that is hateful.

I think we need to go the extra mile in giving others the benefit of the doubt when they disagree with us. Let's contrast our ideas with the ideas of others without making them out to be bad people for holding the ideas they hold.

Can I ask again.......

really am not all that bothered by this,but just for clarification.

Jeanne is a moderator as you are,Correct? If issues arise aren't they to be taken to PM??

Just curious

Jeanine is not a moderator of this forum. I am. If someone posts something that is inappropriate a moderator may mention that in the forum itself. If I delete something someone posted I will send them a PM explaining why.

Politics gets very passionate and we (including myself) can get carried away in emotion very easily. When I see this happening I will mention it. It isn't a major fraction of any rule unless it continues to happen over and over and develops into a pattern.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

I really am not all that bothered by this,but just for clarification.

Just curious LOL

Ever since the big hubbub back in June (perhaps?), the forum has been traveling down Pansy Ave. It was more fun when people weren't so afraid of being politically correct. John Wayne and Bill Cosby would love it here. Moderators are on a break... nothing to enforce anymore.

Jeanine is not a moderator of this forum. I am. If someone posts something that is inappropriate a moderator may mention that in the forum itself. If I delete something someone posted I will send them a PM explaining why.

Politics gets very passionate and we (including myself) can get carried away in emotion very easily. When I see this happening I will mention it. It isn't a major fraction of any rule unless it continues to happen over and over and develops into a pattern.

It isn't a big deal to make "you are being childish" to it might look childish for someone to do xyz.

Saying what I did was not in the least being carried away by emotion.

When people,anyone,on any topic,cannot answer but shift the focus to someone else or some other act it is exactly as my kids did.

We had four and then we raised my brother's four. It seemed at least one was always in trouble. It took a bit for it to dawn on them,trying to shift the focus on a sibling and his really big sin didn't work. The discipline they received was more than they originally would have.

They did come in time to learn that if they owned up to their responsibility or could defend their actions discipline was less all the time.

When my siblings and I tried that my parents referred to it as guilt with disclaimers.