ClubAdventist is back!

Birthers are citizens of Idiot America

• Moderators

Actually, what difference does it really make whether someone is born on American soil? Dirt is dirt. What quantifiable difference is there between someone who was actually born here as opposed to someone who was born in a foreign country.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Actually, what difference does it really make whether someone is born on American soil? Dirt is dirt. What quantifiable difference is there between someone who was actually born here as opposed to someone who was born in a foreign country.

Quite a bit of difference. Id proven he would no longer be president.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

The framers of the constitution thought it made a difference. They knew that outside forces would try to bring this nation down from the inside, so they put that in as a safe guard.

The framers of the constitution thought it made a difference. They knew that outside forces would try to bring this nation down from the inside, so they put that in as a safe guard.

Isn't it interesting that the framer's of the Constitution exempted themselves from the natural born citizen clause? Alexander Hamilton was not a natural born citizen and yet he could have become President because he was exempt from that clause.

Then we have to consider what is a natural born citizen? The Supreme Court has never made a ruling on this. The Court could rule that a natural born citizen is anyone who is a US citizen from birth. If that be the case it would not matter where a person was geographically born. If one of their parents were American citizens they would be considered a natural born citizen. That seems like the best definition. There are two types of citizens: natural-born and naturalized. A naturalized citizen is a citizen of another country by birth and must immigrate to the US and take an exam to become a citizen. A natural-born citizen is a citizen by birth.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• Administrators

Quite right!

For a flavor of the complexity of the issue read - http://www.michiganlawreview.org/firstimpressions/vol107/solum.htm .

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Hopefully one day .... Obama will be required to come clean on all these issues.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been on vacation for a bit, so I have to play catch-up...

I will have to disagree with the very premise of the subject matter of this thread - that to merely call question as to the validity of Obama's citizenship makes one an "Ignorant Citizen". Second, I call question on the verity of the issue being the sole consign of the political right.

The very course of this thread belies great ignorance in the origin of the issue, and is a telling example of the #2 on the list at the beginning of this thread.

It was not conservatives who brought the issue up first, laz. It was Hillary Clinton's supporters who first filed suit on this point back in the presidential primaries. They sought to have Obama either prove the matter or be disqualified. It was the political left wing from which this issue originated - and in certain Democrat circles, is still going strong. That this point is conveniently left out every discussion of the issue today brings up the #2 issue - tell a lie loud and often enough and it will be believed as the truth.

That certain politically right oriented groups would have picked up on the issue is simply a matter of natural consequence. I find it extremely disingenuous to label the "Birther" issue as belonging solely and uniquely to the whole of the political right. Most of the leaders of the political right have not picked up the issue. The Congressman listed as moving on the issue is hardly a well-known conservative leader - but that doesn't matter to the syncophants on the political left. The statist media outlets will trumpet it so very loudly...and it gets parroted everywhere as if it were the Gospel truth. Just like we are supposed to believe Michale Moore's 911 account is to be "the Truth" about the Bush administration.

Yep, #2 is so very true.

All Obama has to do is to show the actual certificate - and that would truly show up the "Birther" issue to be a farce. Yet, instead of spending just a few dollars to reveal the issue to be moot, Obama would rather throw gasoline on the fires of speculation by spending tens and tens of thousands of dollars to keep it hidden.

Whether Obama supporters wish to acknowledge it or not, there are a number of points and testimonies which call question as to the origin of his birth, and whether his citizenship was renounced during his childhood residence in Indonesia. That Obama supporters would rather ridicule honest questions and sweep issues under the rug out of party loyalty, rather than treat the issues in a perceptibly honest and intellectual manner, does nothing to resolve the issue.

Yep - blind party loyalty, parroting what they tell you - the "Birther" issue is a right-wing conspiracy.

And I have some beachfront property in Nebraska to sell to the one who truly believes that...and it even has a bridge which conveys with the property.

The road is going on forever and the party won't end.....

"As iron sharpens iron, so also does one man sharpen another" - Proverbs 27:17

"The offense of the cross is that the cross is a confession of human frailty and sin and of inability to do any good thing. To take the cross of Christ means to depend solely on Him for everything, and this is the abasement of all human pride. Men love to fancy themselves independent. But let the cross be preached, let it be made known that in man dwells no good thing and that all must be received as a gift, and straightway someone is offended." Ellet J. Waggoner, The Glad Tidings

"Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway" - John Wayne

"The person who pays an ounce of principle for a pound of popularity gets badly cheated" - Ronald Reagan